Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" (23365 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by kry4j: 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
hotspec:
Nobody can monopolizes violence. This is what happened in Central African Republic years back when Moslems tot they could kill "coward" christians. They fought back and that was d end. Anti- balaka and Sedeka! Self-defence is d best form
honest comment
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
ukeleh:
Christians should use their tithes to buy arms instead of to better the lives of Christians. Shames on to you. Look at his face like blink blink pastor ay...... Am not surprise, he talks like his pastor's brother.

Alah wakuba, go back to school.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by TheFreeOne: 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
Only a fool will fold his hand and not acquire arms for self-defense under present government.

The agenda is clear to the deaf / blind and if communities under attacks failed to do the needful but wait on government then sorry be thier names.

Christian leaders failed their followers by not speaking out strongly as expected. The fraudulent spiritual highwaymen are mostly concerned about tithes, offering and setting up businesses and academic institutions with tuition fee that majority of their members can't afford.

The thunder that'll fire most of them is waiting in the beyond/hell.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by kry4j: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dongreat:
Certainly this old man knows nothing about war. I guess the state of Syria and Libya is paradise now for all to emulate. It only takes one useless statement to make void all the achievements you have acquired overtime. Let everyone starts carrying arms for the sake of defense and let's see how glorious it will be for people of a third world country when even first worlds are struggling to cope with the frequent lawlessness.
we are at war abi this hunger no pass war? during war people starve to death, people are starving to death right now we are too afraid to die, i get one child mama dey for house i one build house i one enjoy too many excuses. now no be police man dey slap our face na fellow blood civilians like u
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
I concur, enough for those muslim rag tags in Nigeria.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by kry4j: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
ezugegere:
Why is it that anytime you just talk about self defense, Muslims come for your throat? They don't want Christians to defend themselves?
small dem go kill Christians finish
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by jane05(f): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dongreat:
Certainly this old man knows nothing about war. I guess the state of Syria and Libya is paradise now for all to emulate. It only takes one useless statement to make void all the achievements you have acquired overtime. Let everyone starts carrying arms for the sake of defense and let's see how glorious it will be for people of a third world country when even first worlds are struggling to cope with the frequent lawlessness.
I don't understand you, could you please proffer a solution to the massacre by the fulanis, should they just sit and watch? please I want to know

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by greatermax77(m): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
You spoke the truth sir. people attacking you are pretenders

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by kry4j: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
SpencerLewis:
Islamic hypocrites. 98% of the tweets are from Muslims. It is very necessary as no particular religion or tribe has monopoly for violence. Why will they not arm themselves, but marauding Fulani herdsmen are fully armed and continue killing them and FGN under a Muslim fundamentalist looks the other way round.
Even IPOB should be fully armed as this is the only panacea for FGN to agree to dialougue just as they are begging the NDA for dialogue.
Rubbish.
very truth comment but it will be hard for some to understand or agree

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Dongreat(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
jane05:
I don't understand you, could you please proffer a solution to the massacre by the fulanis, should they just sit and watch? please I want to know

Giving arms to everyone for self defense is a counterproductive measure anywhere in the world. Solution is involving securities of government agencies to tackle this menace, as that's the norm in a civilized world. Yes, Nigeria is made up of uncivilized people of elephantine proportion so it's a great reason not to as you don't want another Libya where arms were given to fight for there "supposed" freedom only for them to turn the arms on themselves and innocent civilians after their "supposed" freedom.
"A stick in the hands of an average Nigerian is a weapon of mass destruction, a gun will be the end of the world"
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Dongreat(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
kry4j:

we are at war abi this hunger no pass war? during war people starve to death, people are starving to death right now we are too afraid to die, i get one child mama dey for house i one build house i one enjoy too many excuses. now no be police man dey slap our face na fellow blood civilians like u

We are not at war. If you had witness a true war it happen to read about one or watch international stations showing one then you would know that "there is nothing fair in war and love"
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by IYANGBALI: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
Supported. Make we kuma scatter Nigeria once and for all
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by shabakm: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
hotspec:
Nobody can monopolizes violence. This is what happened in Central African Republic years back when Moslems tot they could kill "coward" christians. They fought back and that was d end. Anti- balaka and Sedeka! Self-defence is d best form
we are waiting for u guys
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by matty01: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
Christians are not know for such, is the man a Christian?
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by MALBMAJOR: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
Idiot man boko haram
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by delishpot: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
henrydadon:
angry
indirectly suggesting war ..

Yeah, instead of him to encourage peace by asking all Christians to stretch out their necks to be behaeded by Islamists. HE must be a terrible man for asking people to defend themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by henrydadon(m): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
delishpot:

Yeah, instead of him to encourage peace by asking all Christians to stretch out their necks to be behaeded by Islamists. HE must be a terrible man for asking people to defend themselves.

do you know what it mean for people in a country like nigeria to take matter and law into their own hands..you have seen the horrible case of jungle justice in nigeria..do i need to say more..?
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by jane05(f): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dongreat:

Giving arms to everyone for self defense is a counterproductive measure anywhere in the world. Solution is involving securities of government agencies to tackle this menace, as that's the norm in a civilized world. Yes, Nigeria is made up of uncivilized people of elephantine proportion so it's a great reason not to as you don't want another Libya where arms were given to fight for there "supposed" freedom only for them to turn the arms on themselves and innocent civilians after their "supposed" freedom.
"A stick in the hands of an average Nigerian is a weapon of mass destruction, a gun will be the end of the world"
So now the security of government agencies isn't protecting the unarmed what do you have them do, be defenceless in ongoing attack e.g sacrificing themselves??

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by delishpot: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
henrydadon:

do you know what it mean for people in a country like nigeria to take matter and law into their own hands..you have seen the horrible case of jungle justice in nigeria..do i need to say more..?

Are you the only one aware of this? Is the government also ignorant of this fact? Why wait till people are pushed to take drastic measure before lives are secured? Everything has a beginning, a wise government sees a crack and seals it quickly before the wall falls down. If a roof has a leak, a wise home owner starts mending it in dry season before the rain starts. What is the goverent doing to protect Nigerians? Do you think this system of denial would keep on going for donkey years?
My dear, I no want fight, I no want fight, that is because your enemy has not thrown a painful punch. When he does throw one and is showing signs of continuously doing so, you would be forced to fight back. If not for revenge, you would do it for self preservation.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Dongreat(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
jane05:
So now the security of government agencies isn't protecting the unarmed what do you have them do, be defenceless in ongoing attack e.g sacrificing themselves??

Why not use the tithe and offerings to hire private securities to protect churches during any service instead of buying arms for inexperienced choir members or ushers. You have to understand that guns in the hands of the untrained makes them a god and very reckless angry god.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by baeboo: 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
MeAboki:

Christians have long been stockpiling arms - especially under GEJ.
yes ooo in case of emergency

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Onliie(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
He's right, Jesus told his disciples to sell their garment to buy sword

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
# BITTER TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by mamatino99: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Goverment is turning blind eye to the problem in the north because it's the muslins are the one with guns, I tell you if it were the Christians that are with gun killing muslins by now the game would have change, but because they are there brothers it is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by HMZi: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
sabi man

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by aalangel(f): 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
PMIcon:

Ok ma. Not meant to make you angry.

I've got no problems though. Just stating my opinion from my perspective

No problems.

Good you have a perspective like anyone else should.

Na nyt.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by rhektor(m): 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
ngolokante:
These kind of comments from a seasoned journalist at that is mind boggling and shows a lack of understanding of the Nigerian situation...We should be looking for how to remove the weapons in circulation rather than trying to increase it...Sam Omatsaye would have made sense if he went extremely brutal in attacking the government for failing in its responsibilities, even call for protests against the government but to call for procurement of arms in the name of self defence is just...shocking...and with this statement he has just exacerbated the situation, because CAN would most likely not do it, and the other people too would increase their their stockpile in anticipation of CAN yielding to Sam Omatsaye's call to arms. But most worrisome, is that by directing his call to CAN, Sam is trying to pitch Christians against Muslims

The Muslims has already been pitched against Christians so it's not Omatsaye that has started this get that to your empty cramen.
Let whoever will not arm himself do that at his own peril, the Nigerian government has shown that it is a dead dog. Who will save the Christians from the Northern conspiracy when it becomes full blown? Remember even the UN failed Rwandan when there were reports of an intending genocide which actually wipe out almost a whole tribe.
The only option that the Nigerian Christians have is arming itself in self defense

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
GurlFriend:
Sam Omatseye is a veteran journalist, Chairman of the Editorial Board, The Nation newspapers and Nigeria's most decorated columnist, but his impressive credentials and position did not stop Nigerians from slaying him when he posted the tweet below some hours back.

Are his statements capable of inciting violence? Twitter Nigeria thinks so and they are currently flaying Mr Omatseye as we speak

Continue below

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/twitter-nigeria-blast-veteran.html

via

https://twitter.com/samomatseye/status/804593873125306368

Those against the man are Muslims. As a Christian I support his opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by impossible27(m): 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
Why is it that is only muslems and the religion of peace starts violent unnecessary. why, why why. and christians just fold their hands and just give themselves as sacrificial lamb?

When you wake up one morning and found out your blood brother has been converted to islam, brother, that is a curse from your ansestor. you better go back to the village and calm their spirits to release your brother for you. because that guy go kill you for night not minding if you are his brother. all he knows is, he has killed an infidel.

smh

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by bart10: 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
The man is right. This Government has failed Nigeria. However, any form of war or violence isn't an option. We must dialogue and have mutual positions. Though I doubt if this Government understand such word! Let's stay calm for now and not overreact. God bless us all.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by ebenholer(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
OhMyG0d:
The ONLY people i see attacking him on twitter are Muslims.

But then,

This could overcharged/heat the polity and might be mis-interpreted that the man is calling for armed-uprising or religious conflict.
He was only asking for the christian to invest in the arts of Self-Defence considering the Government is uselessly hibernating in its major duty of protecting its citizens.
Hmmm...ur post is strongly making sense
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by discusant: 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
Fulani Herdsmen menace is motivated by political-religious expansion agenda of the Fulani in .
Divide Nigeria and let the sharia north have its country , herdsmen and Boko-Haram problems will stop automatically.

Asking for Nigerians arms to be armed is asking for anarchy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!! / What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? / Can Things Like Ear Rings, Wigs, Eyelashes Etc Take Someone To Hell fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.