Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" (23411 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by ernieboy(m): 11:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Oma831:
Please don't sound the drums of wars
if it a fact like he claimed that thousands of lives and properties have been destroyed has the war not already already started?

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Rocketicon(m): 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
True talk! Dis man has! Brain!!! Southern Kaduna is an execellent example! The government! Are doing nothing to bring the situation to rest

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by rabex123(m): 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
OhMyG0d:
The ONLY people i see attacking him on twitter are Muslims.

But then,

This could overcharged/heat the polity and might be mis-interpreted that the man is calling for armed-uprising or religious conflict.
He was only asking for the christian to invest in the arts of Self-Defence considering the Government is uselessly hibernating in its major duty of protecting its citizens.
Go and check again..bigot
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by ngolokante(m): 2:08am On Dec 03, 2016
rhektor:

The Muslims has already been pitched against Christians so it's not Omatsaye that has started this get that to your empty cramen.
Let whoever will not arm himself do that at his own peril, the Nigerian government has shown that it is a dead dog. Who will save the Christians from the Northern conspiracy when it becomes full blown? Remember even the UN failed Rwandan when there were reports of an intending genocide which actually wipe out almost a whole tribe.
The only option that the Nigerian Christians have is arming itself in self defense

Alright, you with full cranium (there is no word like cramen) go ahead and arm yourself... you can even meet the Northerners with their conspiracy as you said, they can give you out of their arsenal since according to you, the only option you have is self defense... It's obviously better to have an empty "cramen" than to have one filled with sawdust and chicken shyt,...anarchist.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by arewaboy(m): 6:18am On Dec 03, 2016
South Sudan, Rwanda, CAR, Congo DRC as a case study.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by MistadeRegal(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2016
True wake-up call.
CAN is weak.
All those there only crave for post and positions.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by MrSly(m): 8:15am On Dec 03, 2016
Ahmadgani:
so the war is about to start??

what's happening to my country??
when will all this unnecessary killings stop
there was country
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by delishpot: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2016
bart10:
The man is right. This Government has failed Nigeria. However, any form of war or violence isn't an option. We must dialogue and have mutual positions. Though I doubt if this Government understand such word! Let's stay calm for now and not overreact. God bless us all.

Dialogue with extremists or with who? Hahaha, a Christians goingbto dialogue with Isis or Shari'a propagators? And you will believe them of they say they allow you sleep in peace at night? You will believe and sleep like a log? No one said to go harm Moslems, he said buy and keep it by your bed side, in case you need to use it someday. If the goverent fears the outcome of such idea, then they should act to protect citizens

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by delishpot: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2016
rabex123:

Go and check again..bigot

He clearly said Self defence. Why twisting the mans words?
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Kdon2: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2016
GurlFriend:
Sam Omatseye is a veteran journalist, Chairman of the Editorial Board, The Nation newspapers and Nigeria's most decorated columnist, but his impressive credentials and position did not stop Nigerians from slaying him when he posted the tweet below some hours back.

Are his statements capable of inciting violence? Twitter Nigeria thinks so and they are currently flaying Mr Omatseye as we speak

Continue below

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/twitter-nigeria-blast-veteran.html

via

https://twitter.com/samomatseye/status/804593873125306368

I agree with him 100% because when christians are killed, christians don't kill christians, muslims kill and its CAN responsibility to protect their members. Muslims especially in the north kills for very rediculous reasons. SMH

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by kabaz(m): 11:20am On Dec 03, 2016
well said sir!
most of the people attacking him have no business or relatives anywhere close to southern kaduna its why its so easy for them to pass their judgement...
i am from kaduna south and i totally concur with this suggestion
if u think otherwise, please help yourself to the nearest transformer!
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by mytym(m): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2016
AntiWailer:
Why didn't they buy during Jonathan's Govt.

He is a liar and his figures lack common sense.

Responsible Elder statesmen should watch their words.

Are you a good student of history?

Actually the northern Muslims only take Christian serious when such statements are backed up with action.

When they know Christians will retaliate in SELF DEFENSE against any violence act, they couple.

During GEJ tenure, the Sultan did NOthing to warn his folks after numerous religious clash...Everybody including CAN, Sultan are always quick to pacify the victims to shun violence for "peace to reign" but NEVER have they for once Sacrifice any scapegoat or punish them to serve as warning to others...

Until Ayo Oritsejafor come up in the media and gave clear specific instructions to northern Christians to arm themselves with whatever weapon and PROTECT themselves in SELF DEFENSE against any violence, that's when the SULTAN realised it won't augur well because he is fully aware his folks (99% of the time) are the first attackers.

Until then did the SULTAN quickly called for religious stake holders meeting with GEJ's representative and took CAN serious. Both oritsrjafor and Sultan knows if violence is mete with violence, they culprits will think twice before engaging in senseless killing all in the name of religion... But the region will be affected in socio-economic terms.

The guys committing these acts are only emboldened the more when they go scot-free like in the case of the igbo shopkeeper whose wife was killed in the North and also the pastor's wife killed in Abuja... Not one of the culprit has been punished.

When these guys know the xtians will be armed and probably going to fight back, they will STOP
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by BetaThings: 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
hotspec:
Nobody can monopolizes violence. This is what happened in Central African Republic years back when Moslems tot they could kill "coward" christians. They fought back and that was d end. Anti- balaka and Sedeka! Self-defence is d best form

Christians have always oppressed by violence
Was Christianity spread without military colonial backing in Nigeria?

The Church has just apologised for its infamous role in the genocide in Rwanda
Christians are programmed to burst into orgy of violence mostly out of tales of oppression

Read this

https://www.amazon.com/Myth-Persecution-Christians-Invented-Martyrdom/dp/0062104551
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by BetaThings: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kdon2:

I agree with him 100% because when christians are killed, christians don't kill christians, muslims kill and its CAN responsibility to protect their members. Muslims especially in the north kills for very rediculous reasons. SMH

Like this

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/20-injured-houses-razed-assemblies-god-factions-clash-kaduna/

http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/23/christ-embassy-pastors-beat-member-coma-church-faces-n1bn-lawsuit-photos/

and this
Christians do lie about persecution
https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/17309/1/condom-in-church-catholic-priest-opens-can-of-worm.html

The person that led them to my house was the mother of one Father Jude, a newly ordained priest who is working in Kontagora diocese. She led over 20 Zumunta women to go and barricade the Father's house. When the police came, they saw that their young boys and girls were carrying fuel. If the Igbos had retaliated, they would have burnt the whole place. That was why I was handicapped to call in the police. Even the other church members who wanted to open the church by force or fight them back to open the father's house, I told them not to do that because the Bishop was not in. Monsignor Kukah was also not in. If I brought in the police, who will bail the people? The only thing I did was to slam the church closed until the Bishop comes back and the church remained closed. Many people begged them for over five hours to allow us entrance into the father's house and they refused. The police came with two pickups as well as all the neighbours. The Muslims came. The Chief of Ungwan Pama, who is a Gwari man, even came and called them too. This is why I rejected the report that Monsignor Kukah hijacked.

Paid for report
I have seen the report because I paid for it. Anybody could pay any amount of money to get information. The United States pays a lot for information. So, I got the report. But don't ask me how I got it because it's not important. The report was one-sided. I thought they were trying to carry out investigation, not knowing that they abandoned the mandate of the Archbishop because when the Bishop came, he slammed the churches closed and reduced the church to an outstation in his declaration, which he published in The Cross Newspaper and read in all the churches.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Cityguy: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
hotspec:
Nobody can monopolizes violence. This is what happened in Central African Republic years back when Moslems tot they could kill "coward" christians. They fought back and that was d end. Anti- balaka and Sedeka! Self-defence is d best form
Simple! That is what the man called for. Most of those criticising him for this do not blink an eye when people are murdered in their sleep by marauding 'unknown men'. What is happening is a systematic genocide with tacit support via inaction of those saddled with responsibility of protecting them. In some states in the US where people are armed for self defence, research done showed it brought down the rate of criminal activities and unnecessary killings. Even criminals acknowledged the fact that knowing someone is armed as a deterrence to engagement- our local palance 'do anyhow and see anyhow'. Is it the poor herder that buys AK47? So!some bigger there armed him and so if counter arming is done, I see no reason why that should irk any peace loving Muslim, Hindu, Atheist etc. We can't continue to pretend certain sentiments are not there and like someone observed earlier, those attacking him are mostly of same faith as those doing the attacks. Are we now to assume they are OK with those attacks? Isn't it same sentiment at work here? Buddhism teaches love for oneself as a panacea to hating others. Nobody decided his religion or tribe when he was to be born. Live and let others live.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by multicolored(f): 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nice suggestion.
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Kdon2: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by kry4j: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2016
Dongreat:

We are not at war. If you had witness a true war it happen to read about one or watch international stations showing one then you would know that "there is nothing fair in war and love"
experience is the better teacher
Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by Dongreat(m): 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
kry4j:

experience is the better teacher

I laugh when I see Nigerians calling for war yet have no idea about the pains and trauma associated with war. Experience you say. I have questions for you. Have you shot someone in the chest, watching him bleed to death while he gasped for air, have you slit a mans throat, knowing his dying while watching his pupil dilates before your eyes, have you ever strangled a child just because he/she saw you murdered his/her parents, do you know the sound a man makes after being stabbed continuously on the ribs? You have no idea and clueless about what true war is. Pray that what you are advocating doesn't come to pass. I won't emphasize more again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" by kry4j: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2016
Dongreat:

I laugh when I see Nigerians calling for war yet have no idea about the pains and trauma associated with war. Experience you say. I have questions for you. Have you shot someone in the chest, watching him bleed to death while he gasped for air, have you slit a mans throat, knowing his dying while watching his pupil dilates before your eyes, have you ever strangled a child just because he/she saw you murdered his/her parents, do you know the sound a man makes after being stabbed continuously on the ribs? You have no idea and clueless about what true war is. Pray that what you are advocating doesn't come to pass. I won't emphasize more again.
when the need arise i will be well prepared, if war is the only way out from this hell of a country so be it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Things Like Ear Rings, Wigs, Eyelashes Etc Take Someone To Hell fire? / Connie Madubuko Is Dead, Pastor Anslem's Wife / Is Coronavirus A Result Of God's Wrath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.