Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow (802 Views)

Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President / Son Of Adama Barrow Killed By Dog (Photos) / Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow by okwuvic(m): 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
Yahya Jammeh, Gambia's long-time ruler, has lost the presidential election to the opposition leader, according to the electoral commission.

Adama Barrow's victory in the tiny West African country brings an end to Jammeh's 22-year rule.

Jammeh, who came to power in 1994 as a 29-year-old army officer following a military coup, had won four previous polls.

Adama garnered 263,515 while Jammeh won 212,099 votes, Alieu Momar Njiehe, the electoral commission head, announced in the capital Banjul on Friday

Source: http://www.victornwankpa.com/2016/12/gambias-yahya-jammeh-loses-election-to-adama-barrow.html

Re: Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow by seunmsg(m): 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
2016 is truly the year of the underdog. From Brexit to Trump and now Gambia, underdogs winning everywhere. Congratulations to the new president elect of Gambia. I hope it won't take another 22 years to remove him from office as well.

1 Like

Re: Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow by chernest2002: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Yahya have shown that he is more democratic than what people thinks, he conceded defeat like gej that makes Gambia violent free, I wish African leaders will continue like this in elections.
Re: Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow by agabusta: 5:49am On Dec 03, 2016
chernest2002:
Yahya have shown that he is more democratic than what people thinks, he conceded defeat like gej that makes Gambia violent free, I wish African leaders will continue like this in elections.

Yeah, African leaders are beginning to see that it is not worth the wahala. Really it doesn't make sense one bit. Why throw the entire country into a crisis just because you want to perpetuate yourself in power?

Why cause the deaths of thousands and render a lot more homeless just because of yourself and your ambitions.

After Africa gets rid of sit-tight syndrome, eradicating poverty and greed will be a lot easier.
Re: Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow by chernest2002: 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
agabusta:

Yeah, African leaders are beginning to see that it is not worth the wahala. Really it doesn't make sense one bit. Why throw the entire country into a crisis just because you want to perpetuate yourself in power?

Why cause the deaths of thousands and render a lot more homeless just because of yourself and your ambitions.

After Africa gets rid of sit-tight syndrome, eradicating poverty and greed will be a lot easier.
the man done change his mind oo
Re: Gambia's Yahya Jammeh Loses Election To Adama Barrow by agabusta: 6:19am On Dec 14, 2016
chernest2002:
the man done change his mind oo

Me sef I weak oh. But nothing dey happen, he must go. He would be given the Gbagbo treatment.

(1) (Reply)

Photographs Of The Crew Of Argentina's Lost Submarine / The Full Biography & Age Of The Newly Elected Sierra Leone President, Maaba / Trump: I Have Made US Stronger, Safer, Richer In 2 Years Than Any Other Presido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.