Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel (15606 Views)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Google Celebrates Nigerian Author - Flora Nwapa / Lola Akande's New Novel Exposes Nigerian University Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2016
whizzler:
then what is he doing There is a law against homosexuality. What he has done is to drive the interest of his readers to want to engage in it. Studies have shown that with increase in the way western movies feature gay characters, youths going into such activities have multiplied geometrically. The guy us already an accessory

There's also a law against theft, yet movies like ocean's eleven glamorize it. Should the writers be sent to jail for that? What's a story without controversy?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Zirah: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2016
We got toke makinwa's book for free. I hope we can this one too. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Onechancearmy(m): 7:39am On Dec 03, 2016
phlamesG:
Majority of the posters above me are stark illiterates.

The author of the book already asserted that his book is
Not in any way promoting homosexuality yet some dullards are still saying he should be arrested angry

Please learn to read before commenting...

Please learn to think before rebuking others. The author may deny promoting faggotry but there is a wide chasm between what the pervert author says and what his book is intended to accomplish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by seanmozilla: 7:51am On Dec 03, 2016
ednut1:
adofuro jati jati

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Adonis86(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2016
Nigerians & hypocricy be like 5&6. The guy needs to get a sponsorship for that work to be published. He get experience for all these. Lag na centre for Sexcellence. Its Only Barbarians will not like the work.
Antigay law should be repealed...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by onward4life(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2016
From clapping you move to dancing!!

And that's hw it starts!

Why not promote #blacklivesmatters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by lumzybo: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2016
Hmmmn... any day the Nigerian government prosecutes a gay person openly and it's given the necessary media attention, that the day I will believe she is srzly against homosexuality.

Cos I am yet to c a person being prosecuted #bunchoFhypocites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 03, 2016
Reminds me of last day at forcados, it has lesbian sorta theme. Kinda love the book though. As for this book, it's necessary, Lagos is the center of sex in Nigeria. Nigerians should stop being hypocritical.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Klinee: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2016
phlamesG:
Majority of the posters above me are stark illiterates.

The author of the book already asserted that his book is
Not in any way promoting homosexuality yet some dullards are still saying he should be arrested angry

Please learn to read before commenting...
u be fuul, if a thief come to your house and tells you that he is not intended to thief you but on other hand he is collecting your money on your table, you just accept that he not a thief huh? Fuul!!!! The guy should be arrested for promoting barbaric gayism in our country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by eyinjuege: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2016
Because he writes a book on gay people doesn't make him gay.
Whether we like it or not, there are gay men all over Nigeria. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

There have been gay people in Nigeria for decades, so I'm wondering why this sudden interest in them.
Dandaudus have been there since forever

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Klinee: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2016
Guy should be arrested

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by LeFreakSoChic(f): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2016
Like it or not, homosexuality is here to stay.
They have started infusing it into animated movies. I watched Angry Birds movie yesternight and couldn't believe most of the thungs I heard or saw.
Plenty sexual innuendos and reference to homosexuality.
I am not homophobic but I feel it is high time these people realize they have to stop shoving their lifestyle in our faces.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Klinee: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2016
eyinjuege:
Because he writes a book on gay people doesn't make him gay.
Whether we like it or not, there are gay men all over Nigeria. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

There have been gay people in Nigeria for decades, so I'm wondering why this sudden interest in them.
Dandaudus have been there since forever
Fuuul Nigeria law is against those that practice,promote and propagate gayism not only those that practice the evil act alone. There many armed robbers and ritualist in our society today should we now say because there are many of them in our society we should now let them continue with there evil act? U have mentally problem!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by TrapSoul(m): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2016
I can't wait to read this book cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by eyinjuege: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Klinee:
Fuuul Nigeria law is against those that practice,promote and propagate gayism not only those that practice the evil act alone. There many armed robbers and ritualist in our society today should we now say because there are many of them in our society we should now let them continue with there evil act? U have mentally problem!!!!!

You need to get a life.
Regarding who's the fuull, the joke's on you.
Because someone writes on ritualism, does that make him one?
Talking of evil acts, have you tried stopping those that steal money from public coffers, those that fornicate and commit adultery, the paedophiles and prostitutes in your environment?
Senseless thing. You better go and take your psychotropic medicines and stop barking like a rabid dog. Apparently your exorcism sessions have not worked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by CoolUsername: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:
They have started infusing it into animated movies. I watched Angry Birds movie yesternight and couldn't believe most of the thungs I heard or saw.
I am not homophobic but I feel it is high time these people realize they have to stop shoving their lifestyle in our faces.

So you want people to hide because you don't like seeing them? I'm sorry, but that's not how human rights work.

That's just like a racist white person saying he's ok with black people but they should cover their faces to hide their skin colour. That's just like a Muslim saying he's ok with Christians but they shouldn't hold bibles or carry rosaries in public.

I know we've been mentally conditioned on this region to reject people who are different and you at least seem to be on the right track, but if we truly are free, then expression shouldn't be a problem whether you agree with such views or not.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Mznaett: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Last days at Forcados High School was something else... Efua Coker and her Ms Erdoo were just friends shalipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by LeFreakSoChic(f): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2016
CoolUsername:

So you want people to hide because you don't like seeing them? I'm sorry, but that's not how human rights work.

That's just like a racist white person saying he's ok with black people but they should cover their faces to hide their skin colour. That's just like a Muslim saying he's ok with Christians but they shouldn't hold bibles or carry rosaries in public.

I know we've been mentally conditioned on this region to reject people who are different and you at least seem to be on the right track, but if we truly are free, then expression shouldn't be a problem whether you agree with such views or not.

I cannot afford to be homophobic because I have friend who's gay and I love him with all my heart. He's nice, down to earth, hardworking. He's almost perfect but what I want to point out is that despite all these endearing attributes, he's still hated.
Why? Because his lifestyle is unacceptable in this part of the world. What happened to those days when they used to be secretive about it? It's almost like the anti gay bill unleashed them instead of sending them into hiding. It is well anyway. I can almost relate with their woes because I share my friend's unending string.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by calliope(f): 10:01am On Dec 03, 2016
hakim92:

And what did you expect him to say, did you expect him to say categorically that he's promoting homosexualiity with his book, in a country where the comtempt and resentment for the LGBT community is burning like a conflagration in the backwords of the north central during harmattan
Are you implying writing on a particular subject let say,a writer who writes about the increasingly rate of pregnancy amongst teenage girls is actually promoting unsafe sex in teenage girls?Technically to you writing on a particular subject matter is synonymous to promoting it. Ba? sad
For your information there is a discrepancy between depicting the day to day sexual life of a society in a literary work and advocating for it.

@ topic lemme recover from udala first, before reading this. Lgbt books can be emotionally crippling.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by CoolUsername: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

I cannot afford to be homophobic because I have friend who's gay and I love him with all my heart. He's nice, down to earth, hardworking. He's almost perfect but what I want to point out is that despite all these endearing attributes, he's still hated.
Why? Because his lifestyle is unacceptable in this part of the world. What happened to those days when they used to be secretive about it? It's almost like the anti gay bill unleashed them instead of sending them into hiding. It is well anyway. I can almost relate with their woes because I share my friend's unending string.

Well, people have different reactions to oppression. It would be safer for them to remain hidden but it won't help to effect any positive change. I don't know how long it would take for people to understand that their personal opinions have no bearing on fact.

And the fact is that several societies have thrived with gays having equal rights.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Klinee: 10:09am On Dec 03, 2016
eyinjuege:

You need to get a life.
Talking of evil acts, have you tried stopping those that steal money from public coffers, those that fornicate and commit adultery, the paedophiles and prostitutes in your environment?
Senseless thing. You better go and take your psychotropic medicines and stop barking like a rabid dog. Apparently your exorcism sessions have not worked.
U be complete fooool!!!!!! See your senseless idiotic comment!!! Fooool!!!!! If someone writes on rituals does he write in favour or against it? Fooool!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Adesiji77: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2016
Onechancearmy:

Please learn to think before rebuking others. The author may deny promoting faggotry but there is a wide chasm between what the pervert author says and what his book is intended to accomplish.

Don't mind the guy. He was just trying to sound more intelligent than others angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by eyinjuege: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2016
Klinee:
U be complete fooool!!!!!! See your senseless idiotic comment!!! Fooool!!!!! If someone writes on rituals does he write in favour or against it? Fooool!!!!!

Mad man.
Go and take your medications.
I wonder how you escaped from Yabaleft..

I know you're a closet gay, and the author's book strikes close to home. That's why its so personal to you.
Better come out once and for all, not everyone in Nigeria is judgemental. You will get some support, and that might even help you come out of your perpetual mad state.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by cnonyechi(f): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2016
[quote author=Icecomrade post=51590004][b]

Am still an advocate of people being allowed to express their sexual orientation.

Remove legal judgement and allow moral judgment to the dictate actions.

Gay law should be repelled

I hope u r not gay. Pls don't be for ur sake

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by toocoded: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2016
Adeoba10:
14 years loading
Ode, 14 years loading and dem never catch bobrisky, Abi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by fikfaknuel(f): 11:21am On Dec 03, 2016
abuayman:
The guy should be arrested

What warrants his arrest?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Adeoba10(m): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2016
toocoded:
Ode, 14 years loading and dem never catch bobrisky, Abi
So You Can't Pass Ur Msg Without using foul language

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by toocoded: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2016
Adeoba10:

So You Can't Pass Ur Msg Without using foul language
U don vex abi? ma binu oko Iya mi grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by Naijaaccountwiz: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2016
Read something similar on okadabooks, it was titled "how she knew" out of curosity, I think this gay thing has come to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by freakthingz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

You're really confusedin the 70's annd 80's were there any gay movies or celebs......no
but yet people who grew up in that generation surrounded only by heterosexuality were still gay

2nd in hollywood only one percent of mainstream movies contain homosexual leads in fact I dare you to name 1 major movie with a gay or lesbian LEAD role...mtscheww

Finally nothing is being forced on you if you dont like it dip and watch or read something with a more heterosexual narrative

No be by force grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by freakthingz(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
eyinjuege:

You need to get a life.

Leave dem the hatred is ingrained
They dont think for themselves, pastor spews they'll swallow and come and vomit it here...the same thing with politicians.

No rational thinking faculty that is why our country is the way it is. Think for yourself not pastor said or bible said but they can't

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel by LeFreakSoChic(f): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
freakthingz:

You're really confusedin the 70's annd 80's were there any gay movies or celebs......no
but yet people who grew up in that generation surrounded only by heterosexuality were still gay

2nd in hollywood only one percent of mainstream movies contain homosexual leads in fact I dare you to name 1 major movie with a gay or lesbian LEAD role...mtscheww

Finally nothing is being forced on you if you dont like it dip and watch or read something with a more heterosexual narrative

No be by force grin

No be fight na. If you had seen my earlier comments, you would know that I have nothing but love for the LGBT community.
Infact, I hate that they are being subjected to all sorts. All I am trying to say is that they need not to shove their choice down our throats.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Ola Rotimi's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.