Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche (8056 Views)

Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem / Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley / Who Is Friedrich Nietzsche? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by sonofluc1fer: 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ronpet777:

And believe in nothing
Interesting. Id like to meet these people you speak about.

Ronpet777:

and hv no hope of anything in life.
Really? Is this just you or are you speaking out your ass as usual?

Ronpet777:

They can't even explain d purpose of their existence
Pops and Momc. Critical ingredients.

Ronpet777:

and wallow in depression as their life is directionless.
You must be talking about Christians. Only depressed directionless souls will give up this wonderful world for one of fantasy that comes after death. I can think of nothing more depressing.

Sending you an e-hug.
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by Ronpet777(m): 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

Interesting. Id like to meet these people you speak about.

Really? Is this just you or are you speaking out your ass as usual?

Pops and Momc. Critical ingredients.

You must be talking about atheists . Only depressed directionless souls will give up this wonderful world for one of fantasy that comes after death. I can think of nothing more depressing.

Sending you an e-hug.
U don't sound different, d confused u as usual.
I will gladly take d hug my boy
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by sonofluc1fer: 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ronpet777:

U don't sound different, d confused u as usual.
I will gladly take d hug my boy
Not my fault the only posts you can comprehend is christian. You know of no other world, unable to comprehend a godless world. That's why all your friends are Christian. You only speak Bible,not English. Lol.

Have fun, my man. Be a good Christian..i hope this board doesn't turn you into a vile demon like that paedo and his side-witch. Ill be watching. grin
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by Ronpet777(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

Not my fault the only posts you can comprehend is christian. You know of no other world, unable to comprehend a godless world. That's why all your friends are Christian. You only speak Bible,not English. Lol.

Have fun, my man. Be a good Christian..i hope this board doesn't turn you into a vile demon like that paedo and his side-witch. Ill be watching. grin
Thanks bro... U really knw little abt me,no p, d situation dictates my response. I hv to speak Christian because it's a religious thread. I also feature on political matters and sure sound secular. I won't make folks here frustrate me into Wot I am not. I am learning definitely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2018
Ronpet777:

It is well. God knows his followers, and his followers knw him.

He also know those who are not his followers.
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 11:38am On Feb 19, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

Guess I'm a proper search ninja.
https://www.nairaland.com/2960119/anarcho-communism#43388530

You are!!

You are a true Berean atheist, o ye Son of Venus.

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by Ronpet777(m): 11:51am On Feb 19, 2018
PastorAIO:

He also know those who are not his followers.
Exactly!
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
Following God is not by mouth, neither is it by verbal profession of any kind.

You can profess piety with the mouth till kingdom come, it is vain.

True worship is with Actions.

The Parable of the Two Sons

28 “What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work in the vineyard today.’ 29 And he answered, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he changed his mind and went. 30 And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, ‘I go, sir,’ but did not go. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you. 32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. And even when you saw it, you did not afterward change your minds and believe him.
matthew 21
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by Niflheim(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
Darwin's christian travelling mate was the the one who ran mad and committed suicide!!!

The link:.....................................................http://www.historytoday.com/peter-moore/tragic-life-charles-darwins-captain
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
Ronpet777:

I cudnt search out the name because it doesn't exist. What's the simple ideology of this your religion?

sonofluc1fer:

Guess I'm a proper search ninja.
https://www.nairaland.com/2960119/anarcho-communism#43388530

What a difference a little bit of diligence can make!

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by Ronpet777(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
PastorAIO:

What a difference a little bit of diligence can make!

No, it's not a fair judgement. Some r more e-friendly and vast with NL than others.
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
Ronpet777:

No, it's not a fair judgement. Some r more e-friendly and vast with NL than others.

Okay, I'll retract that. actually I hoped that you would just guess what I meant from recognising the roots of the different parts of the word.

I have a tendency to make up words of my own. Or if I use commonly used words I give them strict definitions within the context I'm using them. That way I avoid getting into arguments about the meanings of words. I also don't like quoting authorities because there are always some 'experts' lurking in some corner who jump out and claim that they have a better understanding of whatever you are quoting. That is why I avoided quoting bible for many months when I first came to NL and tried to argue my position from first principles that everybody has experienced first hand. Alas, people didn't allow me to talk without quoting bible. It became a sticking point. So I started to quote bible and those that would complain that I wasn't quoting bible before just fled. I suspect that they wish I'd go back to not quoting bible.

Just giving you an overview of how I operate. what's the word again? ah yes, My 'Modus Operandi'.

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
Emmanystone:

Am done responding to You. not because i don't know or have what to say to you. You know i can match you toe to toe, but to what end is the question? So, i leave you to your quest of passing off satan as God.

Good luck.

I kick pride out.

You know what to say to me, you have it in your pocket. But you won't. Why? To what end? Let me suggest a few ends.

1.... You may save me from the error of my thinking.

2... If you don't save me, what about the other onlookers reading these posts. It sure looks like you are running away without addressing questions, imagine the damage you are doing to their faith. Some would have concluded by now that your gospel is a gospel of zilch, nada, Odo, Vacuousness. For their sakes respond with honesty and integrity to my points.

3... The more you resort to lies like saying I'm passing off Satan as God the worse it is for you.

And if you have no answers and you are not afflicted with pride then a simple acknowledgement of your error is not a hard thing to do either.
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by Ronpet777(m): 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
PastorAIO:

Okay, I'll retract that. actually I hoped that you would just guess what I meant from recognising the roots of the different parts of the word.

I have a tendency to make up words of my own. Or if I use commonly used words I give them strict definitions within the context I'm using them. That way I avoid getting into arguments about the meanings of words. I also don't like quoting authorities because there are always some 'experts' lurking in some corner who jump out and claim that they have a better understanding of whatever you are quoting. That is why I avoided quoting bible for many months when I first came to NL and tried to argue my position from first principles that everybody has experienced first hand. Alas, people didn't allow me to talk without quoting bible. It became a sticking point. So I started to quote bible and those that would complain that I wasn't quoting bible before just fled. I suspect that they wish I'd go back to not quoting bible.

Just giving you an overview of how I operate. what's the word again? ah yes, My 'Modus Operandi'.
OK bro.. .
keeping tabs...
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ronpet777:

I cudnt search out the name because it doesn't exist. What's the simple ideology of this your religion?
Ronpet777:

To just give the religion u practice a name.

The ideology is as follows: That there is divine order inherent in the universe. At odds with the divinely ordained order are the artificial orders invented by Mankind, and also Chaos.

The word can be seen as an interaction between Order and Chaos. Or we can call it Cosmos (kosmos) and Chaos (kaos), to use the Greek terms.

This interaction has been described variously in various cultures around the world through out history.

In the bible is described as the cosmic battle between Yahoo and Rahab.

In babylon it is described as the cosmic battle between Marduk and Tiamat.

In Egypt it is described as the cosmic battle between Ra and Apophis

etc etc etc

Interestingly enough Rahab, Tiamat and Apophis are all described as Serpents.

As part takers in creation we believe that we must strive against chaos and strive for Order in our lives.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
PastorAIO:

The ideology is as follows: .

Interesting point.

Tell me, what is the order all about? Is it a moral order ?

If the Chaos is not divine, where foes it come from?

How does an element of the system identifies the divine order in opposition to chaos or artificial orders?
Re: The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche by PastorAIO: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2018
LoJ:

Interesting point.

How does an element of the system identifies the divine order in opposition to chaos or artificial orders?

There are various kinds of order. two types to be precise.

1)Functional Order

2) Lattice Order (or periodic) Order.

With Function Order there is a goal that is determined. Once the goal has been determined everything falls into place as a positive utility to achieve the goal, or negative utility. In other words everything under such an order has a function to advance, or detract from, the achievement of the goal.
These various things can be placed in a hierarchical order according to their utility value.

Then there is the Lattice where we have a structural unit that is repeated ad forever-um. For example the structure of a crystal of Salt (NaCl) is a lattice where the unit is repeated on and on.

Another such order would be the Daily solar cycle. From Sunrise to sunset and back again is a cyclical motion which is repeated ad forever-um. There is an order here of meteorological cycles.

Moral order belongs to the Hierarchical/functional type of Order.

Ah! Did I say the Chaos was not divine? My apologies.

The truth is that from the human perspective all we can grasp is a perception of Order and vice verse, a perception of Chaos.

Order and Chaos seem a lot closer related than we recognise at first.

Have you ever looked at something that was utter nonsense at first, but with a shift of perspective you realise that It does make sense after all?

To what extent are Order and Chaos a matter of perspective?

Perhaps our experiences of order and chaos are actually subjective, and the entire cosmic drama occurs in our psyches.

Then keeping with the subjectivity of it all it is even possible that one man's order is another man's chaos. The Roman empire sought to bring order to their world with Pax Romana. But to the Jews in Israel they were a force for chaos threatening to threaten the order laid down by their religion.

The divine always wins eventually.

There will always be artificial orders dreamt up by Man and it will often seem like these artificialities are divinely ordained but in actual fact they are only given prevalence for a span of time and space.

the various hierarchical orders that come and go each have their appointed spans, and the divine order is more of a Meta Order that conducts the orderly coming and passing of the smaller orders..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's List All The Versions Of The Bible / 8 Important Ways We Can Pray To God As Christians / Happy Sallah Celebration To All Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.