Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

5 Biblical Principles Of Fighting Addiction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Biblical Principles Of Fighting Addiction (459 Views)

Biblical Principles Of Spiritual Warfare By Onochie Chude. / 5 Biblical Reasons To Praise God / 5 Biblical Reasons To Not Have Sex Outside Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Biblical Principles Of Fighting Addiction by Thepasserby(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
5 Biblical principles of fighting addiction

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. (James 1:13-15)

Every now and then we are faced with addictions that take over our whole Well being from the physical to the psychological health. Many at times we are enslaved by these addictions that we try by all means to get away from the shackles that held us bound.

Addiction is one of the ways man is enslaved by his own actions. I am talking about this because I have been there before and this is how God helped me overcome my addictions.

1. Expose your addictions to the light of the truth (1Thes 5:5-7)

The greatest power of sin is manifested in ignorance. The reason why light and darkness can never coexist is because light exposes the things done in the dark. Look for someone to be accountable to.

2. Identify your triggers: (James 1:14)

The greatest stupidity of all time is displayed in ignorance. Before you can fight an addiction, locate and identify what triggers it. Before one engages in an act, some predisposing factors must come into play. Try as much as possible to avoid your triggers.

3 Train your body: (1 Cor 9:27)

The human body is a child who is always in need of directions. Your body responds to How you train it. Addictions are habits built over time and they can be broken with time. Everything may be permissible by the body not everything is Good for the body.

4. Seek help

Seek both spiritual and psychological counsel. You started the addiction alone but you may not be able to come out of it alone. Ask God for the needed strength to carry on.

5. Say No for your slavery (Titus 2:12)

Saying No goes beyond saying no, you need to act it. Self control is not self controlled, you need help to be self controlled.

Man was created free with a free willpower but his corrupted mind has made him a captive of his own thoughts. Be free from your addictions and get your life back. There is Nothing that reduces the quality of life like addictions.

Remember, Jesus loves you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biblical Principles Of Fighting Addiction by vanen2: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
100% God bless you. I'm faitin football addiction now
Re: 5 Biblical Principles Of Fighting Addiction by afanide: 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
Interesting topic

(1) (Reply)

Could This Really Be True? / Pagan Priest Gets Right To Wear Horn In Driver’s Licence / Why Do Pastors Prophesizes Different Things Every Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.