Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? (860 Views)

Where Was Satan During The Flood / Can A Non Believer Cast Out A Devil In The Name Of Jesus? / Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by Abmalcom(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
The Biblical account recorded that Satan, the Devil and some misled Angels were ejected out of heaven because of rebellion against the Most High God.
According to Revelation 12:7-9 (KJV)
Rev 12:7-9

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
[/i]

Also in Isaiah 14:12-15:

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
KJV

Isa 14:12-15 (KJV), it was recorded:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
[i]

My question now is: when did this even take place in heaven? Was it before the creation of Adam and Eve? or After The Serpent (Devil) deceived them in the garden of Eden?

Please informed opinion needed.

Mod, please help move to front page. Thanks
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by afanide: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
10th Oct 1940 cheesy cheesy
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by PH1stBorn: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
Same Rev. 12: 12 " Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”.that time was in the year 1914 CE
the year Jesus Christ began his heavenly rule..the first step he took was to fulfill the biblical account of Genesis 3:15 in Revelation 12: 7 - 9.

1 Like

Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by fijiano202(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
It was after the creation of man,it was years and years after ..READ REV 12 vs 7-18 cos in the beginning in gen 1vs 2 earth was empty and darkness was everywhere,read gen 1 vs 1-26
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by twosquare(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
Abmalcom:
The Biblical account recorded that Satan, the Devil and some misled Angels were ejected out of heaven because of rebellion against the Most High God.
According to Revelation 12:7-9 (KJV)

[/i]

Also in Isaiah 14:12-15:

KJV

Isa 14:12-15 (KJV), it was recorded:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

[i]

My question now is: when did this even take place in heaven? Was it before the creation of Adam and Eve? or After The Serpent (Devil) deceived them in the garden of Eden?

Please informed opinion needed.

Mod, please help move to front page. Thanks

Although, this question have been on this section a number of times, but I will answer it if you desire accuracy. The vision Isaiah saw in chapter 14 is what John the Divine saw in Revelation 12. It's actually a continuation of what Isaiah saw.That is, who brought about the fall of this being...John answered the question of Isaiah. Reason Isaiah shouted, How hast thou fallen, O'Lucifer? It was actually a surprise to him. That how come you were cut down to the ground.How possible were you thrown down from a place of advantage over the sons of men...you that weakened the nations...

So, John the Divine provided the answer that those who orchestrated satan's fall were these Man-Child company. The first of their kind to sit on the throne.They eventually moved the hand of Michael, one of the Chief Princes to throw him out of the earthly "air" (heaven). Now, Both Isaiah and John saw the 2nd fall of Lucifer/Satan. At first, most people think those verses were talking about the first fall. No, it is actually the second. So, those I will ascend above the heights of the cloud (cherubs), I will this , I will that was being said from somewhere. Not while in heaven. He was thrown out before the creation of the Adamic race..reason he is an ancient enemy. So, he is still bent on his agenda that he will achieve this no matter what- to be like the Most High. Isaiah now saw his second fall from the "air" (the adamic heaven that separates the terrestrial from celestial); that region was occupied and still being occupied till Revelations 12 where it is said woe unto the earth. Right now, we are still feeling a little heat, but trust me, when he is thrown down the second time, he will be filled with extreme rage but those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes will overcome him.

Only Ezekiel I think gave us a brief documentary of his past: Thou art been in Eden, the garden of God (heavenly Eden- 3rd heaven). Every precious stones was thy covering....in a nutshell, the first fall happened before Adamic creation, the second fall will happen in a distant future when sons of God are many on the earth.
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by Joradjohn1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]
For a beginners stand point let's examine both passages you mentioned because they both speak of events that occurred at different times. First is Rev. 12:7-9 if you read vs. 1 you'll clearly see that this was made a sort of "wonder" even to John. And also in verses prior to vs. 7 it speaks of a "man child" who definitely couldn't be anyone other than Jesus the Christ, the verses then go on to lead us to this war which only happens AFTER the child (Jesus) had been caught up to God (by his ascension, meaning that this war was occurring BECAUSE Jesus had finished his work on the cross. Remember before he ascended he told his disciples that "ALL POWER" had been given unto him yes this was what triggered the fight in heaven for prior to this time the devil was put in power higher than man but because of the victory of Christ he the devil was cast out of their place of authority in heaven (please note: this is not the seventh heaven it just speaks of the first or probably third heaven but not the seventh heaven where God is.)

And in Isaiah 14:12-15 well this is a simple one, the verse clearly mentions the garden of Eden, here by this time Satan had tried to go to the seventh heaven but was brought low as we read here - -
Abmalcom:

Isa 14:12-15 (KJV),
[b]12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

so what happened? Was it a war? No definitely not, what happened was simply rebellion not a war. The Revelation account wasn't talking about this but the spiritual war that took place after the ascension of Christ. While here in Isaiah it speaks of devil trying to get to the seventh heaven where God is but was cast down to the earth and having deceived Adam and Eve became the deceiver of all mankind. If you read all through the Old Testament you'll discover that hardly is Satan mentioned as the leader of demons, in fact demons are hardly even referenced but none the less we must understand that demons are darkened angels just sinners are those who have left the light of the Word of God. Angels reside in the third heaven, no angel (this includes cherubs) are in the seventh heaven and I believe that just like Lucifer who wanted that position just like him all other angels who followed his foot steps were brought low to the earth NOT hell. Satan is called the prince of demons simply because he was the first to fall. But in Revelation 12 we can clearly read that He's already called Satan, has already deceived Eve and only makes war in heaven AFTER the resurrection of Christ.
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by fijiano202(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Note it was before the coming of Jesus christ,the revelation was about a vision of the future that satan was trying to stop and distrup,he knows the future that was to happen so he started is battle before the coming of christ by tempting eve
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by pitbully: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
i'll b bak
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by fijiano202(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
ISaiah was astonish to how stupid satan was to think of a plan to over-throw GOD,that chapter was totally abt the first fall,JOHN now explained further on why man was been percuted by satan after his fall.he was enraged and decided to own the earth
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by dingbang(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Satan was cast out from heaven in the beginning.
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
see people trying to make sense out of none sense....knowledge is really power..see them drooling over other peoples belief, what a shame, well i sincerely hope we wake up from this night mare...before it is too late..

it is foolish to think God having a rival...not even an outsider..one of its creation for that matter..May this same God forgive you all for this blasphemy...
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Satan, devil and Lucifer are all members of the Elohim..till today. they where never cast out of heaven...they are 6 on the right with Enki as the head of the serpentine clan and 6 on the left with Enlil(Satan) as the head of the Ram clan...the creator ( most high) sits as the head of the Elohim..Psalm 82...allegorically speaking though..

it was Inanna who rose herself to the pantheon/Elohim she had some ME from Enki which included the right to be worshiped..she replaced Ninmma in the divine council..

http://enkispeaks.com/2016/09/inanna-gilgamesh-sodom-gomorra-anunnaki-tablets-part-13/
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
Enlil is Satan, Ninurta or Ninazu is the devil and Inanna is Lucifer.....this is if you do a comparison with the Babylonian religion to the Judaeo- Christian one..
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by invincible007(m): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
see them showcasing Scriptural knowledge. It's good but it does no work in our growth to overcome the Devil in Sin.
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by Joradjohn1(m): 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
sonmvayina:
see people trying to make sense out of none sense....knowledge is really power..see them drooling over other peoples belief, what a shame, well i sincerely hope we wake up from this night mare...before it is too late..

it is foolish to think God having a rival...not even an outsider..one of its creation for that matter..May this same God forgive you all for this blasphemy...

Satan is NOT a rival of anybody, I mean seriously this is an obvious FACT in the Scriptures. I just hope you have read the Bible at least once in your life because if you did you'll by now understand that WE are the ones who wrestle Satan not GOD, yes God has given us the power in Christ but it is by OUR PRAYERS we battle him in the spiritual. And exactly what are you trying to say, are you saying God doesn't want us to overcome the wiles of the devil or what?
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2016
Joradjohn1:

Satan is NOT a rival of anybody, I mean seriously this is an obvious FACT in the Scriptures. I just hope you have read the Bible at least once in your life because if you did you'll by now understand that WE are the ones who wrestle Satan not GOD, yes God has given us the power in Christ but it is by OUR PRAYERS we battle him in the spiritual. And exactly what are you trying to say, are you saying God doesn't want us to overcome the wiles of the devil or what?

the devil is nobody's enemy..the. devil is Gods servant..the devil was created to carry out Gods orders..his duty is to obey the will of God.whatever happens whether good or bad it is God that is responsible...the devil has no power outside of the power God has given him and it must be used as God wills.
read Lamentation 3:38 and Amos 3:26..it is God that decides whether good or evil happens to us...
it is the romans that came later and made the devil equal to God so they can sell the story of jesus to the world..
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by Joradjohn1(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
sonmvayina:

the devil is nobody's enemy..the. devil is Gods servant..the devil was created to carry out Gods orders..his duty is to obey the will of God.whatever happens whether good or bad it is God that is responsible...the devil has no power outside of the power God has given him and it must be used as God wills.
read Lamentation 3:38 and Amos 3:26..it is God that decides whether good or evil happens to us...
it is the romans that came later and made the devil equal to God so they can sell the story of jesus to the world..

Sadly for you I NEVER SAID the devil was equal to God I only said he is OUR enemy, yes God's the only one who can permit his evil (devils wiles) to come unto anyone in fact we are even told in the book of James that it is God who allows temptation to come to us, but does that make Satan a servant of God? No. The devil as lowly as he is is constantly trying to go against the will of God but has NEVER and will NEVER be able to do that. God has no enemy's, but He has haters ranging from Satan downwards --- reason is because of free will that even a demon like Satan has. So he can hate God all he wants it doesn't mean God hates him. God doesn't hate Satan (Job 1:1-2 tells us of how God was having a literal conversation with Satan without a word of hatred involved) God is love and loves all His creations Satan included, now always remember that the devil wasn't always evil he was ONCE good but because of his sins became evil and no longer an HOLY angel but rather an UNHOLY angel/demon. Satan was then CURSED by God and promised JUDGEMENT contrary to sinful men who are promised Eternal life if they repent. Satan wasn't given such a chance but was promised without exception JUDGEMENT on the last Day. I don't see how such a being could be working for God or even be worthy of the title of "enemy of God" (the devil is NOWHERE called that in the Bible). So no he's not an enemy of God, he's not a servant of God (only holy angels are servants/messengers of God NOT demons), he's just a helpless hater of God like Muslims, Satanists, Atheists, Buddhists, and the likes are. God is good and Satan hates that, but God doesn't hate him He just hates sin!
Re: When Was Satan Cast Out Of Heaven? by mrvitalis(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
The issue of heaven and earth is too funny

If God was real he would have sent devil to another galaxy and let peace be on earth

Ooh my God cant be that smart he made the stars and sun to beautify the earth... . Looll

(1) (Reply)

Sex Always In The Dream Signifies What?? / I Love Jesus But I Hate Christianity / Why I Took Pictures At Building Site As Labourer 9 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.