Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN (2354 Views)

Where Was Satan During The Flood / Catholic Priest Gerald Njoku In Imo State Sends Old Man To Jail In A Bid To Take / Pope Blames "Satan"(not His Priests), For Sexual Abuse Cases!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 7:46am On Jun 21, 2017
Good morning Nairalanders, this question has being running and jogging through my mind for a very long time and I need clarification.

Now the bible made believers understand that the devil sin and rebelled against God and he was cast down from Heaven to Earth.

Imagine you have a farm where you grow and train livestock and one day as you were walking inside your house you found a dangerous snake instead of killing or caging it you took the snake and throw it inside the farm.
The question is why throw him down to earth, why did God not jail and cage him in heaven instead he was cast down to earth and God knowing fully well that humans are on earth. All the killings and fornication and backbiting would have being avoided because the devil is the father of sin.

Please mature answer

3 Likes

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by hopefulLandlord: 7:55am On Jun 21, 2017
you need the holy spirit to understand

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:
Good morning Nairalanders, this question has being running and jogging through my mind for a very long time and I need clarification.

Now the bible made believers understand that the devil sin and rebelled against God and he was cast down from Heaven to Earth.

Imagine you have a farm where you grow and train livestock and one day as you were walking inside your house you found a dangerous snake instead of killing or caging it you took the snake and throw it inside the farm.
The question is why throw him down to earth, why did God not jail and cage him in heaven instead he was cast down to earth and God knowing fully well that humans are on earth. All the killings and fornication and backbiting would have being avoided because the devil is the father of sin.

Please mature answer
"The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.

1 Like

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by GodsMopol: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:

Please mature answer

Haha, for a long time as how, you came up with this yesterday. What if God gave man the power to overcome the devil despite the presence of Satan on the earth. For instance, astronauts travel to space, using space suit, the space suit was to guide and protect them, I believe God had a protective means He offered to Adam. Its like saying, NASA sent astronauts to space without a spacesuit, that would be wickedness, and remember, God told man the consequence of his action if he does it.

For instance, people have been jumping into the lagoon for years, does that mean they don't know they would die as a result, they made their choice, Adam and Eve made their choice and you would see how pissed God was when He realised man ate the forbidden fruit. Gen3:11-15
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
GodsMopol:

Haha, for a long time as how, you came up with this yesterday. What if God gave man the power to overcome the devil despite the presence of Satan on the earth. For instance, astronauts travel to space, using space suit, the space suit was to guide and protect them, I believe God had a protective means He offered to Adam. Its like saying, NASA sent astronauts to space without a spacesuit, that would be wickedness, and remember, God told man the consequence of his action if he does it.

For instance, people have been jumping into the lagoon for years, does that mean they don't know they would die as a result, they made their choice, Adam and Eve made their choice and you would see how pissed God was when He realised man ate the forbidden fruit. Gen3:11-15
Sorry iyam nott understanding
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:

Please mature answer
I have been asking men of God "Why didn't God killed Satan back then?" and forgive Adam_Eve for being deceived. But I get funny answers which ain't satisfying.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by TrajansKong: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
you need the holy spirit to understand
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by chemystery: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
Because god being omniscient, knows that Satan will turn angel gab into Evans who will then connive with angel mike to kidnap baba-G and bros-J. Such drama would be better and entertaining watching from heaven. So god sent satan to earth to entertain himself alongside bros-J, Gab & Mike. Then he created man on earth to perfect the show.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by judedwriter(m): 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
To test man's love and obedience to Him. Satan failed this test as lucifer when He was created with great beauty and glory.
Man too was created with great glory and beauty but lost all when he failed the test.
God has given us free will and will never force us against our will to love and obey Him.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by hopefulLandlord: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2017
Junia:

"The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.

the above guy that has a personal relationship with Jesus is saying that we don't know and his god is keeping the knowledge away from us, even used a bible quote

judedwriter:
To test man's love and obedience to Him. Satan failed this test as lucifer when He was created with great beauty and glory.
Man too was created with great glory and beauty but lost all when he failed the test.
God has given us free will and will never force us against our will to love and obey Him.

the person above that has relationship with the same Jesus actually knows, god has revealed the reason to him, the same reason he's keeping away from Junia

Yahweh is author of confusion grin https://www.nairaland.com/3844519/meaninglessness-deep-personal-relationship-jesus

1 Like

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by luvmijeje(f): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
Oga, you are assuming the devil was sent packing to the earth after God created man.

But that's not true, man was created after the devil was sent packing. It was one of the reasons God gave man dominion over everything that walks on the earth.

But you may ask does the devil walk? Ist Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

You may also want to ask what's the evidence the devil was sent to the earth before the creation of man.

Rev 12:9 says
9 And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.

Remember the book of revelation was written by John after the death of Christ. At that point the devil was already operating on earth. He even tempted Jesus. Revelation chapter 12 was a flashback of what happened before the creation of man.

To buttress my point Gen 3:1
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of [a]any tree of the garden?

Before man was ever created the devil was already on earth as a test to man and as a punishment to the devil.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by sonofluc1fer: 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
judedwriter:
Please, stop blaspheming.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
Satan / Shaitan/ Esu/ Ekwensu -> An Adversary for the kingdom of God and heaven and even the Angels .

Satan is a hebrew word for Adversary,thats how the name came about which became the most popular name in the world today. His Real name is Lucifer.

If i want to kill you today , being your Adversary, will you keep me close, or banish me when you have the power?
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by hopefulLandlord: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
gimakon:
Satan / Shaitan/ Esu/ Ekwensu -> An Adversary for the kingdom of God and heaven and even the Angels .

Satan is a hebrew word for Adversary,thats how the name came about which became the most popular name in the world today. His Real name is Lucifer.

If i want to kill you today , being your Adversary, will you keep me close, or banish me when you have the power?

so someone can kill "God" afterall

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so someone can kill "God" afterall

Wrong, I never said so, I am not GOD... I never said someone can, God saw Lucifer as his adversary hence the imprisonment. As not to do further evils. Thats obviously how i see it.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:

Please mature answer

Such question is based on the belief that Satan was ousted before the creation of man. This is wrong. Satan was cast many years after humans were here on earth and had sinned.

That being the case, we remember that Satan's interchange with Eve brought about a challenge to Gods right to rule. (Gen 3:1-6)

Now, destroying or jailing him won't help the challenge. Secondly, his imprisonment won't allow some other prophesies which came up as a result of his rebellion to be fulfilled.

So, he has brought sin into the world before he was ousted from heaven. As such, all those vices you listed above would still be here had he been jailed.

1 Like

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by hopefulLandlord: 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
gimakon:

Wrong, I never said so, I am not GOD... I never said someone can, God saw Lucifer as his adversary hence the imprisonment. As not to do further evils. Thats obviously how i see it.

okay, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Yahweh decided to "imprison" Lucifer by sending him down to earth? how's that exactly imprisonment? are you saying Yahweh created Adam and Eve then put them in prison?

2 Likes

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
luvmijeje:
Oga, you are assuming the devil was sent packing to the earth after God created man.

But that's not true, man was created after the devil was sent packing. It was one of the reasons God gave man dominion over everything that walks on the earth.

Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

You may also want to ask what's the evidence the devil was sent to the earth before the creation of man.

9 And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.

Remember the book of revelation was written by John after the death of Christ. At that point the devil was already operating on earth. He even tempted Jesus. Revelation chapter 12 was a flashback of what happened before the creation of man.

Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of [a]any tree of the garden?

Before man was ever created the devil was already on earth as a test to man and as a punishment to the devil.

I beg to disagree. Revelation is a disclosure of what was to fulfill in the future. See what the first chapter says:

Rev 1:1 "revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John"

Things that must shortly take place, not things that happened aforetime.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Yahweh decided to "imprison" Lucifer by sending him down to earth? how's that exactly imprisonment? are you saying Yahweh created Adam and Eve then put them in prison?

Whats this one saying?
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
iyke926:

I have been asking men of God "Why didn't God killed Satan back then?" and forgive Adam_Eve for being deceived. But I get funny answers which ain't satisfying.
God bless you sir and right now am still getting answer dat raise other questions.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by hopefulLandlord: 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
gimakon:

Whats this one saying?
read your own posts and read mine
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
judedwriter:
Like seriously and here I thought God knows things before they even happen
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by judedwriter(m): 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:

Like seriously and here I thought God knows things before they even happen

Our minds are too limited to understand all about God...Sure He knows all things, BUT He sincerely respects our will unless He decides to manipulate it like He did to Pharoah.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
luvmijeje:

and after God saw dat it was perfect he said let us create man in our own image. So God has cast down devil before to wic earth, d one he never create.
U said to test man and after d devil has tested us, God still said he regretted creating man. I no understand
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
judedwriter:

Our minds are too limited to understand all about God...Sure He knows all things, BUT He sincerely respects our will unless He decides to manipulate it like He did to Pharoah.
We are not talking about our mind, we are talking about you saying devil was cast down to earth to test us, wats is the need if u already know wat d result is going to b. And God also said he regretted creating man, he was d one that cast Satan here knowing fully well how cajoling d devil is, the devil was even turning angels before he was cast down. So sir please throw more light
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
JMAN05:

Such question is based on the belief that Satan was ousted before the creation of man. This is wrong. Satan was cast many years after humans were here on earth and had sinned.

That being the case, we remember that Satan's interchange with Eve brought about a challenge to Gods right to rule. (Gen 3:1-6)

Now, destroying or jailing him won't help the challenge. Secondly, his imprisonment won't allow some other prophesies which came up as a result of his rebellion to be fulfilled.

So, he has brought sin into the world before he was ousted from heaven. As such, all those vices you listed above would still be here had he been jailed.
sir? Human sin without devil And here I thought Satan was the father of sin meaning he gave birth to sin? Sir more clarification
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:

Please mature answer
I don't know if you are trying to be sarcastic or sincere.

If you are trying to be sincere though, I will advise you don't use the physical to explain the spiritual, if you want to mature, spiritually.
Most things in the Bible are metaphors, understanding when certain passages are Historical, poetic, prophetic, scientific.... etc, takes divine grace. There was a reason why the Bible was once sacred text.

1 Like

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

I don't know if you are trying to be sarcastic or sincere.

If you are trying to be sincere though, I will advise you don't use the physical to explain the spiritual, if you want to mature, spiritually.
Most things in the Bible are metaphors, understanding when certain passages are Historical, poetic, prophetic, scientific.... etc, takes divine grace. There was a reason why the Bible was once sacred text.
I am being sincere o, na bible u divide like dis okay o. So wic category does my question fall into
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:
I am being sincere o, na bible u divide like dis okay o. So wic category does my question fall into

I've told you, it's metamorphical.
I advise people to live a good life, follow John 4.24.
With time the right revelations will come to you.
The story of Genesis 1 to 3 is as loaded as the rest of the bio, with out understanding it, you will find it difficult to understand the rest of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by frubben(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

I've told you, it's metamorphical.
I advise people to live a good life, follow John 4.24.
With time the right revelations will come to you.
The story of Genesis 1 to 3 is as loaded as the rest of the bio, with out understanding it, you will find it difficult to understand the rest of the Bible.
jesus compared a lot of spiritual things to the physical, the fig tree, the talents and so on for easy and better understanding wic I actually did in my post. Sir please leave the comparison and attack the question. Tanks in advance
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by judedwriter(m): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
frubben:

We are not talking about our mind, we are talking about you saying devil was cast down to earth to test us, wats is the need if u already know wat d result is going to b. And God also said he regretted creating man, he was d one that cast Satan here knowing fully well how cajoling d devil is, the devil was even turning angels before he was cast down. So sir please throw more light

True, God knows all things from end to beginning, but He doesn't try to interfere with our will...He allows us choose whether we will obey Him or not.
As i am writing this now, God already knows those who will make heaven and those who won't. He knows all things, But He gives us liberty to choose what we want even though He already knows the outcome. That's the mystery of God i am talking about-He knows all about us, but He respects our will.

Of course God knew that Adam and eve would be deceived by satan, but to show us that He is sovereign, He permitted Adam and eve to make their choice without interference.

Same with lucifer, God knew that satan would rebel against Him out of pride, but He never interfered, Why? God wants us to choose whether we love Him or not.
Re: Why Was SATAN Not Jail In HEAVEN by OtemAtum: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
gimakon:

Satan is not the same as Esu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victory Over Sickness And Diseases. Sermon & Prayer Points By Pastor E.A Adeboye / Rev. Fr Ejike Mbaka With Wedding Ring? / Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.