Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,829 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup (1679 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Nairaland? / Threat To My Life By Owner Of Briscon Pharmaceutical With Nairaland ID: Layrico5 / Have You Seen This Fake Nairaland Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by iluvpomo(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
Does anyone face the same issue? From time to time. I get a pop up with an IP address as a header asking me to enter a user name and password. I do not do anything and cancel but as I browse nairaland, from time to time, it keeps popping up. See the image below.

I could not find a better category to post this thread in and so chose programming.

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by afanide: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
That was the first time i ever noticed that. I felt the site had been hacked so i didn't bother to log in.....

I had to continue as a guess.....

1 Like

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by spice123(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
I got same too 4 times when I clicked a particular post.

1 Like

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Seun(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
Never enter your pass word into such pop-ups. Just dismiss them and then report them to us!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by weblord1900: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Seun:
Never enter your password into such pop-ups. Just dismiss them and then report them to us!
Something similar happened to me too.

On November 15 I received 229 messages from nairaland ..
An email containing email confirmation.
It happened as if I just registered that moment but I registered 2years ago.

Below is the screenshot

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Edipee(m): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
chain! I experienced same and entered my password. Do I need to change my password now?
Cc. Seun
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Edipee:
chain! I experienced same and entered my password. Do I need to change my password now?
Cc. Seun
Absolutely. Pls change it immediately.

weblord1900:
Something similar happened to me too.
On November 15 I received 229 messages from nairaland ..
An email containing email confirmation.
It happened as if I just registered that moment but I registered 2years ago.
Below is the screenshot
We fixed that a while ago. Sorry about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by weblord1900: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
Seun:
Absolutely. Pls change it immediately.

We fixed that a while ago. Sorry about it.
Aiit
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by JoeBlocks(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
I get this sometimes. I cancel it always...

1 Like

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by iluvpomo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
Thanks for all the updates. I followed Seun's advise and did not enter my user credentials. It is concerning though as it appears to be a server server side malicious program?? Experts will advise better.
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by JoeBlocks(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
iluvpomo:
OK, so I was not alone, I even created a thread on it wondering about it.
I liked your pic of the viewing center btw
LOL. It's not a viewing centre. It's a bar. An open bar.

I wonder what the deal is with these pop up sign-in stuff. It's frustrating at times.

1 Like

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by mrjojo: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
This is looks like a persistent XSS attack, Might be wrong, Seun Do the needful and you really need to get this site security upgraded, https and all.

1 Like

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Mznaett: 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
I got same few days ago.... I hope it's been fixed now?
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Edipee(m): 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mznaett:
I got same few days ago.... I hope it's been fixed now?
Did you input your password there?
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Mznaett: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
Edipee:
Did you input your password there?
No,I did'nt...
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Edipee(m): 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mznaett:

No,I did'nt...
For your mind you're smart.
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Mznaett: 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
Edipee:
For your mind you're smart.
I no send u anything otongue
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Edipee(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mznaett:

I no send u anything otongue
Lol
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Mznaett: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
Edipee:
Lol
sad
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
Seun, I got this too while trying to navigate the second page of the korede bello story

https://www.nairaland.com/3500811/korede-bello-don-jazzys-worst/1

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
ProfTea17:
Seun, I got this too while trying to navigate the second page of the korede bello story

https://www.nairaland.com/3500811/korede-bello-don-jazzys-worst/1
Thanks for the report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by YhungPablo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
It happened here also.
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Blessedward: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
Seun:
Thanks for the report.

Can you give me your email addres? I want to talk to you about some business.
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
I think Dot.tk (and other free host) websites should be (temporarily) barred/banned.
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by iluvpomo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
Re: Problem with Nairaland website? A log-in popup by HitlerGaddafi: 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2018
Seun:
Thanks for the report.
bros there is seriously big problem with user loggin into their accounts. It keeps saying wrong username or password. Had to type that error in the search bar to see if others are having same problem and yes they are including me. I cant log in with my business account. Whats the problem?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Helpful Nairalander Of 2016 / My Collection Of Funny Sarcastic Picture You Can Relate To / Kidnappers’ Den Uncovered In Lagos, Suspect Set Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.