Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Need Help Urgently - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Need Help Urgently (754 Views)

Need Help Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Urgently by Nanai: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2009
A full grown Muslim lady in her mid-20s who is still living under her father approached me with the following situation.Please help me find a solution to her problem.
She says that her father invests in shares of banks which she had constantly discouraged but he has refused to stop.The problem now is that he has bought some shares in her name and gives her the dividend whenever it comes.She wants to know her position in Islam.Should she use the money?And what about the shares, considering that she cannot dispose of them since he still holds the certificate?Please help.
Re: Need Help Urgently by Abuzola(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2009
Islamic Scholars have settled this matter with the ijma (concensus) long time ago,

according to their final verdict, they said that buying shares is legal, why ? Because by buying the shares makes you part of the company therefore they trade business and do other business trading with ur own money, ur dividend is ur profit that you will be getting as part of ur share as a share holder.

I also have my own shares after finding out the islamic point of view of it
Re: Need Help Urgently by muhsin(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2009
Salam, to particularly Abuzola,

You have your own share at where? Remember the poster says bank, and bank deals all sort of business that could include brewery companies, hotels, brothels, etc. More-over, whoever a bank gives loan there is interest/usury. Is that also halal?
Re: Need Help Urgently by Abuzola(m): 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
One thing you should know is: Islam does not want one to be making enquiry too much otherwise you will be lost, the Holy Prophet said,'The people before you were destroyed because of the questions they use to ask', if the sahabas have been asking question on everything many things would have been hard for us,

Whether they use it for alcohol or on harlot is not our business unless we are aware that the company is trading alcohol and so.

As for the interest on loan we have no other option, 'Allah does not bound a soul beyond his scope' last verse of Baqarah
Re: Need Help Urgently by Nanai: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2009
Thank You very much Abuzola, but my consultations have shown me that shares of conventional banks are HARAM and there's no two ways about it.My friend also knows that.I dont mean to be rude,but discuss it with any scholar around you.Her question is whether she can use the dividend she gets from the shares bought by her father although she doesnt approve of it.Fellow muslims, please help me out.
Re: Need Help Urgently by olabowale(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2009
@Nanai: The friend is natural part of the household of the man. Hence, she is not part of the charity entity/individual of the man. This means that she should never use the divident on herself. She should use all of it, as they come, on charity on people she has no blood relationship with,except no aagil (reward) from it, but by her fear, Allah may give her anyway, so she should hope in His Mercy. We hope that her fear of the punishment of Allah on her father, and her great faith, praying and making du'aa that He soften the father's heart away from haram, such a outright Riba is something good. Maybe Allah will have mercy on her father and increase her in pure belief. If there is a smoke of Riba, this one is, blowing directly from her father to herdirection on her. Her case is like the case of Abbass bin Abi Mutalib (amu Rasul) RA, the prophet (AS) said in the fairwell address; the Riba hold to Abbass (RA), is under my (AS) foot.

@Abuzola: It is true that muslims should not be asking too many questions. However, Riba appears in 4 places in three Surah; 2 places in baqarah, One place in Imran and another in Nisaa. The lowest level of 72 levels of Riba is equal to a person who sleeps with his own mother. This means that he killed his father or incapacitated him, overwhelmed his mother that she could not refuse and no one was able to stop him because he is completely crazy! Riba is not what we want for ourselves, because it is the only sin that a believer indulges in that Allah declares that He and His Messenger (AS) will declare war against those who commit it.

The Sahabah (RA) asked questions, and thats how we have legislations in Quran, and ahadith/sunnah. Further, what is Halal is clear. What is Haram is clear. Riba is Haram. Not all banking is Halal. Not all Banking is Haram. Now when you invest in a bank or any outfit that does any haram thing, how can you be sure that your money was not used to carry through something Haram? This is even worse than or at least equal to mixing a bag of ill gotten cement with legally gotten batch and build a beautiful mansion with it. Can you identify the haram blocks, just more than 50 in number if that much, messing up such a beautiful home. If you have any investment in any Nigerian Bank, unless it is Hala compartible bank, please sell your investment and keep your principal, but get rid of anything above it.

@All: You are allowed to keep your investment when you divest yourself from haram thing, sell your shares, keep your principal, but get rid of the gain above it. Use it for charity where no one in your bloodline is a direct beneficiary. May Allah protect all of us.
Re: Need Help Urgently by Nanai: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2009
Thank You very much.Jazakallahu Khair.I truly appreciate it.
Re: Need Help Urgently by muhsin(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2009
Salam,

I was not actually asking question there, rather saying indirectly it's not halal. And if anyone of you have any valid reason that that sort of share is halal lets read about it and reason along with him.
Re: Need Help Urgently by Abuzola(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2009
@muhsin- i concur with ur statement

@sir olabowale- jazakhallahu khairan, i guess i misunderstood the op
Re: Need Help Urgently by muhsin(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
Alhamdulillah. May Allah guide us to the right path, amen.

(1) (Reply)

Is Queran A Cause To Islam / On Respecting Your Parents! / I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.