Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers (39517 Views)

Dead Body Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By JTF (Graphic Photos) / "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father / Izu Joseph Shot Dead In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
So sad
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Listening(m): 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
Currently listening to Ruth B - Lost Boy, seeing this is touching cry RIP to the deceased.
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Listening(m): 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.
These killers that the government give guns to, will one day face the wrath of the Innocents
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Akecs: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
sar33:
IZU'S BURIALS: PARENTS, 3SC, IJAW CONGRESS, NANPF CALL FOR JUSTICE

The remains of footballer, Joseph Izu, was laid to rest at his hometown in Okarki village in Rivers State today December 3rd. 

The grieving parents of the slain Shooting Stars defender, Izu Joseph, Mr & Mrs George Joseph, have joined others to call on the Federal Government to bring the killers of their son to books.The calls came shortly after the burial rites of the player whose life was cut short by the bullets of armed security personnel in Okarki area of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on 16th, October, 2016.

It was indeed a free flow of tears, wailings and teeth gnashing when the body arrived at the burial site and a complete shut down of activities on all the streets passed by the long convoy.In his sermon by the grave side, Rev.Father John said everyone comes from dust and to dust we shall return! He admonished people to live Lord dominated life with total dedication, reminding everyone to brace up as death would come unannounced.He later prayed to God to hold the family together at this time of grief.

Reacting shortly after the interment, Shooting Stars' Akinwumi Akinyele described Izu Joseph as a committed player who is already being missed by the club.He called on the appropriate authority to act fast at bringing the killers to justice.Also, toeing the same line was the General Secretary of the Ijaw National Congress, Victor Butubo who believes the Federal Government should not turn deaf ears as Izu's killing is already a dent on its image.

Responding few minutes later in his residence, Pa George Joseph said he is only interested in getting justice for his son but frown at perceived lopsidedness in the posting of security personnel to Niger Delta areas!

"I only need justice for my son.And I should say this too, the policy of posting particular ethnic group in the Army to Niger Delta is not good for the unity of the country", he concludes.

The burial events attracted people from all walks of life.Izu Reuben Joseph, 24 is survived by wife, a daughter, parents and siblings!

c

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/shooting-stars-player-izu-joseph-who.html

May his soul Rest in Peace. I pray God gives him the fortitude to bear his Loss
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Akecs: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
sar33:
IZU'S BURIALS: PARENTS, 3SC, IJAW CONGRESS, NANPF CALL FOR JUSTICE

The remains of footballer, Joseph Izu, was laid to rest at his hometown in Okarki village in Rivers State today December 3rd. 

The grieving parents of the slain Shooting Stars defender, Izu Joseph, Mr & Mrs George Joseph, have joined others to call on the Federal Government to bring the killers of their son to books.The calls came shortly after the burial rites of the player whose life was cut short by the bullets of armed security personnel in Okarki area of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on 16th, October, 2016.

It was indeed a free flow of tears, wailings and teeth gnashing when the body arrived at the burial site and a complete shut down of activities on all the streets passed by the long convoy.In his sermon by the grave side, Rev.Father John said everyone comes from dust and to dust we shall return! He admonished people to live Lord dominated life with total dedication, reminding everyone to brace up as death would come unannounced.He later prayed to God to hold the family together at this time of grief.

Reacting shortly after the interment, Shooting Stars' Akinwumi Akinyele described Izu Joseph as a committed player who is already being missed by the club.He called on the appropriate authority to act fast at bringing the killers to justice.Also, toeing the same line was the General Secretary of the Ijaw National Congress, Victor Butubo who believes the Federal Government should not turn deaf ears as Izu's killing is already a dent on its image.

Responding few minutes later in his residence, Pa George Joseph said he is only interested in getting justice for his son but frown at perceived lopsidedness in the posting of security personnel to Niger Delta areas!

"I only need justice for my son.And I should say this too, the policy of posting particular ethnic group in the Army to Niger Delta is not good for the unity of the country", he concludes.

The burial events attracted people from all walks of life.Izu Reuben Joseph, 24 is survived by wife, a daughter, parents and siblings!

c

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/shooting-stars-player-izu-joseph-who.html

May his soul Rest in Peace. I pray God gives his family and Loved ones the fortitude to bear his Loss
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by favourmic(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
comradespade:

rip man but the soldiers dat cut ur life shall know no peace
bro who told you soldier dey know peace they are meant for war
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by buhahaha: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nawaa for nawaoo in Nigeria...Some pple had no chance to say God bless Nigeria..Rip God knows
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by godlovesyou77: 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
It still bothers me that he was killed in the mist of cultist. One wonders what a star player is doing at the wrong place. Rest in peace if you re clean.
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
That particular Soldier that pulled the trigger that cut shot this player's life shall be caught by Boko Haram and mercilessly killed. A responsible government would ensure that the trigger-happy fool that killed this guy is brought to justice as a detterent to some other wicked souls like him. But then,this is Nigeria where justice has since died and buried!

Rest in peace Izu.

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Guru9ja(m): 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
we are all gonna die one day. may we all dedicate our life to God and do good
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Amenphx: 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
sar33:
more
RIP man, may God give the farmily the Fortitude to bear the lost
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by afanide: 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
Not again
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
Guns, they can not manufacture, yet they import arms just to kill their fellow citizens. I ask Nigerians to take inventory of the number of bullets that the Nigerian govt imports and be very careful, cos each of those bullets will be used against fellow Nigerians. There is no external aggression. This is not a country at all. Just a nationwide settlement of tribal nations.

4 Likes

Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Alvino1(m): 12:15am On Dec 04, 2016
R.I.P man, God knows best.. I pray that God will being your killers to book... we played a football match on Thursday in memory of you.. rest well "O'boi", we all @home are gonna miss you..

#5iver...
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 04, 2016
Bekimbo:
Amen

rip man but the soldiers dat cut ur life shall know no peace

Dem dey ever know peace? Their ogas enjoy at their expense while they run around constituting a nuisance. See them when they are retired.
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 04, 2016
Billyonaire:
Guns, they can not manufacture, yet they import arms just to kill their fellow citizens. I ask Nigerians to take inventory of the number of bullets that the Nigerian govt imports and be very careful, cos each of those bullets will be used against fellow Nigerians. There is no external aggression. This is not a country at all. Just a nationwide settlement of tribal nations.
In Nigeria more citizens have been killed than criminals
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by arabianights: 12:44am On Dec 04, 2016
stexsy:
May Allah punish Buhari...
for? Be careful how you invoke curses , they will bounce off him and unto you. Am not a fan of buhari but exactly how is he to be blamed for this? Let's be intelligent with our wordings
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by confido4real(m): 1:22am On Dec 04, 2016
May his gentle soul rest in peace. ..
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by 3Ceagle(m): 1:23am On Dec 04, 2016
Izu Joseph is a typical example of what Nigeria is today. Police and military extra-judiciary killings nationwide. If not that the late footballer have achieved some level of popularity as a player and the social media, He would have been framed a militant by the authorities. I thought the military always have rules of engagement but not so in Nigeria. I am sure that with all this noise about the killing, the government of Nigeria did not send anybody to the family.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by fa44us: 1:40am On Dec 04, 2016
we cant do anything against the true, but for the true. May God deal mercilessly with the person who called you and the one who sent him there.
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by fa44us: 1:41am On Dec 04, 2016
I mean killed
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by madjune(m): 3:56am On Dec 04, 2016
This is so tragic.

Ignorance and jealousy continue to be the bane of our society.
Just why would the soldiers shoot to kill?

Anyway, the grave pic looks repulsive to me...dont know why the OP had to post it.
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by olisaEze(m): 6:24am On Dec 04, 2016
Everyday a star is born, and another one just bit the dust. For the men that cut this life short, "the uniform will not save u from karma".

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Barigaboy(m): 7:00am On Dec 04, 2016
Onechancearmy:
Original mumu and naija soldiers na 1 and 2.
RIP young man. May whoever is reading this comment never bury his or her dead child.
Amen n u too happy sunday

2 Likes

Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by onward4life(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2016
Be in a better place brother.

Rest in Peace.
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Fieldmarshall: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2016
Rip Izu Shooting Will Really Miss U
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Igbunu4: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2016
Nigerians shaa. He is 24 the wife looks 35 and the daughter looks 11-12. Football age.
May God pay those who cut this life short in their own coins.
Rip Mr Izunna.

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by Skelewu: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2016
Fvck the Nigerian army. Bunch of brutes!
Re: Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers by azimibraun: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2016
my question ia this; what will be going thru rhe mind of the killer wjen he sees this pictures? is it enough to make him come out and beg for forgivness?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Becomes 1st African Footballer To Win Golden Boot In Serie A / Pele In Nigeria (Videos, Pictures And Stories) / William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.