Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers (45987 Views)

1,000 Chinese Scammers Arrested Inside A House In Malaysia (Photos) / ‘I Called Them Before I Have Sex With My Wife’; Man Hypnotised By Scammers. PIC / 11-Year-Old Girl's Buttocks Burnt In Bayelsa For Buying Biscuit With Aunty's 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Mrkenney40: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ok
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by eezeribe(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
HtwoOw:
This your Uncle's story has kleg

But if it's true, sorry for your loss , never follow anyone anywhere

Where did he mention uncle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Goldenheart(m): 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
Oga O.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by miqos02(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
hmmm
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Ribajae(m): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
Even my younger sister no fit fall for that, got to be smart and suspicious men
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nten: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
ok na
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by mikhe2(m): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
6years ago i experience dis kind ish for waffi.... Anyway na greediness dy cause am cha.... mine was diamond lolz
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by skyo78(m): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
Sorry oh.

But GTB'S daily ATM withdrawal limit is N150k.
How did they withdraw over N200k?

5 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by oneitalia: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
They didn't use any jazz. Na on cut be that... greedy people always fall into their trap. Sorry for your loss.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
get out. How many English does you know?can you spoke English more than me?for your information I tooked A1 in my GCE.
hope this is a joke or some kind of sarcasm
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by bettercreature(m): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ribajae:
Even my younger sister no fit fall for that, got to be smart and suspicious men
Pray she doesn't meet them.They are using black magic not that the small boy is mumu
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by DBestDoc(f): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:

The boy is still young bro.....my elder bro once told me about this scenario...One will come telling that,that guy over there just came down from Ghana,he doesn't know how to speak our language and he has a lot of money with him,lets dupe him and run away...he will then tell you to go and bring money for them to buy chemical to wash the Dollar,in some cases you drop your phone with them. ..
Lagos is survival of the fittest

Did you say he is still young?
How can he be so greedy at a young age?

What does he want to do with an extra cash belonging to total strangers that he knows nothing about?

What stupid drug is sold for 1.2 million naira?

You guys have a lot of proper upbringing to do on that child. No silly charm was used on him, i've had numerous of such encounters and most happened when i was a teenager and gullible, but i never fell.

They'll usually give you stories of how you'll be handomesly compensated for doing absolutely nothing...only the greedy fall for such crap.

4 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by mengho(m): 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
sorry woh, dats one of the reasons I always refuse to say hi to anybody I don't know, no matter how much they are staring at me
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by DBestDoc(f): 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
Double
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Jamesrock(m): 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:
It was around 6pm yesterday, while I was washing some cloths, my cousin ran to our house and started saying "Emma I don enter trouble oo.. chai, which kind life be this??"

In my mind I was thinking he got into problem with someone or probably lost his phone,I never knew it was more than that. He was sweating profusely, I then told him to calm down and tell me what the problem is

Thus he started.

"This afternoon mumsy told me to go and send some money to Bishop,as I was about entering the bank,one guy approached me and asked me if I know Where they sell *Goko cleanser* around Alaba/Suru that he's just coming down from Delta,he came to get the drug for his sick mum.I told him I don't know the place and entered the bank premises so one guy standing close to the ATM started asking me what the guy is saying and I told him. meanwhile he has already met with the guy outside but on approaching him(the second guy) he started shouting ..."I don't have money..leave me" and the guy left him and was loitering outside the bank.

Note: The guy said he has 1.3m to buy the medicine

"So the guy at the ATM now said we should go and show him the place and that the medicine is not sold up to that amount so we can get the money and share the remaining later.so I followed them.We got to one old man's house around Agudu and the guy said we should greet the Baba with respect that he is very powerful which we did.

"They now said I should bring out my phone and every other thing I have and hand it to them I did I was told...handed over to them
1.My phone
2.The 6k I'm holding
Note: The Charm they used on him is in full action

"They now asked if I know where mumsy and Sis keeps their money or ATM,I said yes..they said i should go and bring it within 30mins and I shouldn't talk to anybody on the way or at home that if I do my belle will swell up and I will have accident and die
I ran home and took mumsy's
1.Phone
2.ATM
3.#600 from her handbag

"I went back to them and gave them everything, they asked me of the ATM Pin and I told them so they now said I should go to CMS bustop and bring sand,they even gave me T.fare and off I went on coming back to that place,alas I didn't see them,I asked people around and they said they don't know..That was when it dawned on me that I've been scammed and I started running home"

Meanwhile, before he came back from the back,mumsy has already started looking for him cause she put her Glo sim in a smaller phone and immediately Debit alert started flooding her inbox..20k...20k..20k. before you know it,they've collected close to or even more than 200k
she started running like mad woman looking for her son to know what's wrong she even went to the bank that they were making the withdrawals and met the security men there, complained to them of what's happening but they told her to go back that its late. Tomorrow she should go to one branch at Ikeja and complain

To cut whole thing short,

Meanwhile I was trying every means possible to block the Pin all to no avail,I checked my Quickteller app,the change pin there isn't bringing any other option when clicked.

I remembered UBA once sent me number of one of there staff as my personal manager,I immediately searched for the message,got the number and called the guy to know if at least he knows anyone in First bank that I can reach since he works with UBA and the bank in question is First bank. Sadly he said no but I should make use of Google to search for First bank's customer care contact of which I did.
I called the number I saw

What I heard was "Welcome to first bank blah blah blah...if you want to be serviced in English press one....e.t.c(My airtime was reading oo) I then pressed 0 waiting to be connected to a care agent...now second world war began.For over 5 mins nobody picked up and my airtime finished.

I Copied the Fb page address I saw,sent them message,I was hoping they will reply asap cause they made a post just a minute before I messaged them all to no avail

I resorted to mailing them,I think that's what they got and eventually blocked the card cause I called back the customer care after recharging since they didn't reply my mail and she said it seems the card has already been blocked cause she can't see it from her own end.
just like that my Aunty lost about 200+k yesterday in this Buhari regime

P.s Is there anyway we can track the criminals,maybe going to the bank on Monday to get the CCTV footage cause the boy said he can recognise one of them very well?

My mother lost 700,000# to scammers due to my elder. brother stupidity
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by naruto02(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
How old is this boy? Did he grow up in naija? How careless and reckless
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Spacko007(m): 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
Something like dis almost happened to me last year in kwara state along post office, some guys approached me looking for wonder kola and promised to pay me 15k, a guy just appeared from nowhere saying he know the place that I should follow them so they would give me 15k. But as a correct Muslim guy I was already doing quranic invocations. I don't know what happened I just turned back never look back.

3 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by notoriousbabe: 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:

hope this is a joke or some kind of sarcasm
who tolded you that my name is joke?pls pls and pleases my name is not joke.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Donprayer(m): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
Last week i drove 2 our market with my younger brother and i sent him to get some stuff with 65k, he was suppose to spend at most 15 minutes to get those items but he spent over an hour there while I foolishly sat in d vehicle listening to music not minding the where about of my brother, when he came back lo and behold, he met dis 419 and he narrated d story. Dat a guy excused him Dat he has a diamond to sell but he was directed to look for a babalawo dat will confirm if d diamond is a genuine one but my younger brother told him Dat he don't know any babalawo around and he left him and another guy approached him and asked him what he discussed with d first guy and he narrated everything to him and d guy was telling him, u foolish guy, come make we meet d guy which both of them and Dat second said he knows where babalawo lives and they went past d market outskirt into an uncompleted building and d second guy told them to pray before meeting d babalawo, when they were praying, d second guy told my younger brother Dat babalawo say u nor close ur eyes ooo, Dat was when my brother senses that these guys are scammers and he ran away from them. I was really shocked after he narrated everything. Moral of the story is when u send anybody message and the person spent over d time u expected don't feel lazy to look after d person. Sorry for typographical errors pls

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by humbleself242(m): 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
U are also a THIEF
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by AnodaIT(m): 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
I stopped reading where he said "I FOLLOWED HIM"

You abandoned your mission for some stuff you never planned for?
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Enesi47: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
get out. How many English does you know?can you spoke English more than me?for your information I tooked A1 in my GCE.
who English epp? Naija youths with their mentality
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by kevoh(m): 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:

Note: The guy said he has 1.3m to buy the medicine

"So the guy at the ATM now said we should go and show him the place and that the medicine is not sold up to that amount so we can get the money and share the remaining later.so I followed them. This is step 1 of a scammer's modus operandi

We got to one old man's house around Agudu and step 2: the guy said we should greet the Baba with respect that he is very powerful which we did.

"They now said I should bring out my phone and every other thing I have and hand it to them I did I was told...handed over to them
1.My phone
2.The 6k I'm holding
Step2: Note: The Charm they used on him is in full action This is step 2 of the scammer's modus operandi.

"They now asked if I know where mumsy and Sis keeps their money or ATM,I said yes..they said i should go and bring it within 30mins and step 2: I shouldn't talk to anybody on the way or at home that if I do my belle will swell up and I will have accident and die

Step 1: This is the most important part of the scam. Play on the victim's greed potentials. Once you can bait a victim using his greed, you are good to go. This is the part your cousin should have minded his business but no, the love of quick money drew him in.

Step 2: Play on the victim's fears. Get him scared to his pants cheesy Nigerians are very superstitious and believe in Juju/Charms/Voodoo, this step is a walkover for the scammers.

Step 3: Sit back relax and enjoy your money.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by afanide: 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
This is their season so we have to be careful..... Happened to me once. They took me all the way to Owerri fron PH, sent me back to PH for the operation yet my eyes didnt clear, i went back to Owerri to give my dad's money he just got from meeting.

It was a terrible experirnce. Am happy i returned alive.

Want to start EXPORTATION BUSINESS
(Bitterkola/Ginger, Cocoa Powder) etc. Get the training materials and start
making some cool dollar.

My contact is on
my signature below.....
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Donpressman(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
This method of scam is now very popular. If you are reading this try to educate your friends and family about it. lemme explain mine. One day I was going to the bank(usually they stay along bank roads) and a guy approached me speaking both English and French. I ignored him and continue going, a guy 20 metres in front of me now asked me what the guy was up to. That he was speaking French and needed help but he was scared to help him but since we are two, we can help him because he has money with him and he might get scammed. Kindly note that the two guys who usually carry out such mission knows each other and stay at a considerable distance from one another to perpetrate such scam. Before you know it I followed them hoping I wanted to help someone grin . If they used charm I don't really now....

I think I will just create a detailed thread to educate people on this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
I read where he was told by the scammer that they will share the proceeds together, well I feel for your aunty not the guy,he sure fell for the scam because he was greedy, let's all be careful, and mind our business especially in taxis
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
I feel ur pain! Their modus operandi is- one approaches u, if u decline, his near-by accomplice re-approachs u! One needs 2 be careful!

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by ssfWeShss: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lol. So there is real otumokpo in this life
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by repogirl(f): 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
Met these sort of fraudsters many times back then in Lagos. Dont know whether they use charm but whenever they approach me with one funny tale or the other I just begin moving away from them. I dont even reply as I walk off quickly. They usually work in twos and they are such poor actors.

OP, it's one of those things. We have to educate the younger ones so they will be conscious of themselves and not fall into these traps.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
who tolded you that my name is joke?pls pls and pleases my name is not joke.
naso
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by YhungPablo(m): 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
the jazz is called amunimuye.in Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Dumps Concubine’s Body Inside Bush, Claims She Died After Sex / Illegal Lab Where Hard Drug Is Produced By Husband And Wife Busted In Enugu.PICS / Hoodlums Loot Truck Load Of Coca-Cola Products In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.