Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

How Do I Cope? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Cope? (419 Views)

Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / How To Cope With A 9 To 5 When You Are Not A Morning Person / How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 04, 2016
By October 2016, I was done with my nysc, while in service I met friends who advised me to go into internet scam so as to cope with life after service,but I'm a human being who believes in karma,i chose not to do that. After service,i held talks with my parents on the next step to take in life;my dad opted for me to continue with school,but I felt all these paper qualifications and yet one might not get to the level of Dangote! I've always wanted to be a business man, My fiancee just gave that wish a life by advising me to learn a business,so I told my dad i'd like to learn a business,then after learning i'd like him to invest on the business rather than investing on school bills. Presently, i'm learning a trade somewhere in lagos among the igbos.

The essence of this write up
It's been 1month and 2 weeks since I started learning. The truth is, I don't know if to say I'm hating everything that connects to the business. The traders,i mean the guys I get to see from Monday to Friday are uninspiring,basically illiterates,whenever I get to go to the shop,i just pray for my wristwatch to read 5pm so I can get back home. My boss,even if he understands his business, is basically an illiterate,i guess a pry6 holder or a secondary school graduate,he tries to dominate,and at times when he talks you just know this guy is an illiterate,but you can't challenge him. Recently, a cold war has ensued between us,cos I'm someone who is not easily controlled. He acts like I'm in some competition with him, he says things like this business I'm learning is harder than school, he tries to paint this picture of an education not being important and lesser,but, money greater. Even when he say all these, I don't reply,i basically don't talk to him or the traders around on a friendly basis,I just try to be professional in my dealings with them. I try to observe and pay attention whenever he's transacting a business, and I must say there is nothing hard about the business. Getting to stay with these guys make me sick,whenever I get to remember that I need to resume the shop the next day,i just go depressed.
I planned learning from him for just a year,it's clear I'm not happy with what I'm doing. But a 9 to 5 is something I wouldn't want. It's not as if I hate the business,infact i'd be happy the day I get start the business on my own,but this learning period, getting to learn from someone who hates what he can't conquer is depressing enough. Nairalanders,i typed this from the innermost chambers of my heart,just advice me in a constructive manner, I still want to be a businessman though,but it's clear I'm not happy with the environment,how do I cope?
Cc
Seun,i'd lyk your input too,knowing you're a businessman

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Tonyebarcanista
Harddon
Conquerewest
Bennyann
Blueagent
Re: How Do I Cope? by Fidelismaria: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
eleyi gidi gan oooo

anyways

let wait for ur mentions to reply

(1) (Reply)

Inverter Yakata Xmas Promo |whatsapp:08037190242| / Driver At Filmhouse Limited (urgent) / Opportunity To Be A Part Of Ignite Science Ibadan Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.