Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/12/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/12/16 (585 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/12/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/12/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/12/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/12/16 by dallyemmy: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 5 DECEMBER 2016

THEME: DON’T BURY YOUR TALENT

Memorise:

But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 2 Corinthians 9:6

Read: Matthew 25:24-29 (KJV)

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

God ordained seedtime and harvest not just to mark time, but as a life principle. He also gave varying degrees of talents to every human being as a form of heavenly investment. Consequently, every legitimate human task, however menial it may seem, is of intrinsic worth and a potential means of glorifying God.

God expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities profitably. I once told my children that if they understand the natural farming process with the scriptural principles on sowing and reaping, entering into their harvest will be a work-over, because they will know what to sow, how to sow it and how to water the seed sown in order to have their desired harvest. In essence, they will know how to profitably use their talents for the progress of God’s kingdom. When the Holy Ghost Service congregation grew beyond what I could handle all by myself, I chose seven elders to assist me. I gave each of them a neck tie I had used during previous ministrations, and asked them to wear them as mantle from me. Each time they wore them while ministering, there were records of miracles, signs and wonders. But then, I also observed that I began to harvest neckties from close associates and friends who travelled to South Africa, London or America. I became curious about the fact that whenever anyone brought me a gift, it was a neck tie. So I asked God why. The Lord said; “Son, if you sow ties, you will reap ties.” Then I realised that I was receiving the harvest of the ties I gave out. So I began to sow shoes to pastors who shared the same shoe size with me. After giving out several of them, some of which were my best, I waited the first and second months but no shoe gift came from anywhere. Worried over the delay, I asked God why the harvest was yet to come and He taught me another lesson. He said; “Son, if you plant maize, you can harvest it within three months, but if you plant yam, you will have to wait a little longer. Shoes are more valuable than ties; the greater the quality of the seed you have sown, the longer you will have to wait for its harvest. Since you have planted shoes, you will have to wait a little longer, but the moment the harvest begins, it will not stop.”

When the harvest came, I got shoes of different sizes, colours and levels of sophistication. Have you sown a seed? Your harvest will come. If you have sown quality seeds, give it time to mature, if you are impatient with your seed, you cannot obtain its full potentials. On the other hand, sow quality seeds; sow only what you want to reap. It is wrong to expect a harvest from where you have not sown. Have you sown towards your desired harvest?

Prayer Point:

Father, please help me sow towards my desired harvest.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 20:1-22:15 and Psalms 117

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 2: O JESUS, I HAVE PROMISED.

1. O Jesus, I have promised,
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.

2. Oh, let me feel Thee near me;
The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle,
The tempting sounds I hear;
My foes are ever near me,
Around me and within;
But, Jesus, draw Thou nearer,
And shield my soul from sin.

3. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking,
In accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion,
The murmurs of self-will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten, or control;
Oh, speak, and make me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.

4. O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Oh, give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.

5. Oh, let me see Thy footmarks,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone.
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then to rest receive me,
My Savior and my Friend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/12/16 by dallyemmy: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, ( Monday, December 5th, 2016) - DON’T BURY YOUR TALENT
1.Thank you Father, for all the blessings, talents and abilities, that you have endowed me with.
2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.
3.Father, make me a fruitful and productive, servant in your vineyard.
4.Father, let me be willing to put all that you have endowed me with, at your disposal, for your use.
5.Father, you are the one that ministers seed to the sower, please, put the seeds l will sow into my hands, in Jesus' name.
6.Father, help me to sow quality and bountiful seeds, that will bring quality and bountiful harvests, in Jesus' name.
7.Father, help me to identify good and fertile grounds to sow my seeds.
8.Father, let every anti- harvest force in my life and labour be paralysed, in Jesus' name.
9.Father, let me reap and enjoy the fruits of my labours, in Jesus' name.
10.Father, release upon my life, the spirit of diligence and profitable hard work, in Jesus' name.
11.Father, destroy every spirit of procrastination in my life; help me to do your work, in day time, because, the night cometh, when no man can work.
12.Your Personal Petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus name I pray.(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why DECEMBER Is A Serious Month / The Real Reason The Book Of Enoch Is Not In The Bible / Bishop Eddie Long Dies Of Aggressive Form Of Cancer, Church Says...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.