Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,008 members, 7,953,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:10 AM

Bishop Eddie Long Dies Of Aggressive Form Of Cancer, Church Says... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Eddie Long Dies Of Aggressive Form Of Cancer, Church Says... (597 Views)

Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 / "I Am 1 Billion Years Old, Drink Bleach To Cure Your Cancer!!!"---church Leader / "If You Sleep With Me, You Sleep With A Snake" - Lady At TB Joshua's Church Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Eddie Long Dies Of Aggressive Form Of Cancer, Church Says... by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Bishop Eddie Long dies of aggressive form of cancer, church says...

Bishop Eddie Long dies of aggressive form of cancer, church says
Ellen Eldridge Ty Tagami Shelia Poole The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1:17 p.m Sunday, Jan. 15, 2017

Bishop Eddie Long has died, officials with New Birth Missionary Baptist Church say.

The senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Church died Sunday.

Bishop Eddie Long was 63.

New Birth Missionary Baptist Church's senior pastor Eddie L. Long has died, according to the church.

He was 63 years old.

"Today it is with great sadness I announce that our bishop has transitioned," Bishop Christopher C. Smith said.

The expectant crowd, many already informed by social media and text messages, wailed and shrieked at the official announcement.

"He's no longer in pain," Smith continues. "He's no longer dealing with the complications that he had to deal with."
A statement released by the church Sunday morning confirms Long died early Sunday after "a gallant private fight with an aggressive form of cancer."

There had been much speculation about Long's health after he posted a video last year of him looking extremely thin. He never publicly disclosed the nature of his illness.

Twelve-year church member Nia Pillow, 20, said Long was more than a bishop to her. The film artist and cinematographer said he helped launch her on her career path when she was 13 and asked to help operate the church cameras.

People thought she was too young, she said.

"Everybody said no, but Eddie Long said ‘yes," Pillow said.

The statement adds Long maintained his commitment to God as he proclaimed that cancer would not kill his faith nor his spirit.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/bishop-eddie-long-dies-aggressive-form-cancer-church-says/K7oodHbeXnjyOc3JgVuyVI/

1 Share

Re: Bishop Eddie Long Dies Of Aggressive Form Of Cancer, Church Says... by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 16, 2017
RIP
Re: Bishop Eddie Long Dies Of Aggressive Form Of Cancer, Church Says... by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 16, 2017

RIP to him

this shows that we (irrespective of religion/religion status), are faced with same challenge and equal chance of winning/survival, prayer wouldn't change anything.

our ONLY chance of better tomorrow is coming together and aggressively supporting science, reaearch and improved technology to combat our societal problems

I lost my mum to cancer and I know how prayer warriors (I mean Connell, Marshall, brigadger, major-General, General in prayer) fasted, prayed, beg and plead with God ....guess what? !!!
....it changes nothing ...we still lost her and of course, as expected this warriors resorted to 'it is the will of God'

the bitter truth is that humanity has just one hope and it is called: "science"

Re: Bishop Eddie Long Dies Of Aggressive Form Of Cancer, Church Says... by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

RIP to him

this shows that we (irrespective of religion/religion status), are faced with same challenge and equal chance of winning/survival, prayer wouldn't change anything.

our ONLY chance of better tomorrow is coming together and aggressively supporting science, reaearch and improved technology to combat our societal problems

I lost my mum to cancer and I know how prayer warriors (I mean Connell, Marshall, brigadger, major-General, General in prayer) fasted, prayed, beg and plead with God ....guess what? !!!
....it changes nothing ...we still lost her and of course, as expected this warriors resorted to 'it is the will of God'

the bitter truth is that humanity has just one hope and it is called: "science"

Sorry to hear about your loss. I too recently lost a beloved one to cancer. The comforting thing is that faith in Christ assures us of seeing each other in the afterlife.

(1) (Reply)

Mssn Oau Jihad Week / Do They Want Me To Tel Xtrians To Give Their Necks To Herdsmen? Apostle Suleman / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/02/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.