Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide (959 Views)

Kenyan Commits Suicide Over Manchester United Loss To Newcastle / Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd / Goalkeeper Commits Suicide After Fiancee Cheats With John Terry's Bro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/10112009/58/bundesliga-germany-keeper-enke-commits-suicide.html

Germany and Hanover goalkeeper Robert Enke has died at a level crossing after apparently driving into the path of an oncoming train.

More StoriesMaradona hauled before FIFA
World Cup event page
"Robert Enke died today in an accident," a media officer for the Niedersachsen Police told Reuters. "First indications point to suicide."

He was 32 years of age.

Hanover president Martin Kind was returning from a meeting with the German FA on Tuesday when he was telephoned with the news.

"You expect many things, but not something like that," he told German news agency DPA. "I do not know how and why it happened, but I do not think that it had anything to do with football."

Enke's two-year-old daughter Lara died two years ago from a heart defect.

The German FA stated: "The German team has learned of the death of Robert Enke with great shock. National team coach Joachim Loew and manager Oliver Bierhoff said 'we are all shocked, we are speechless'."

Enke became Germany's number one goalkeeper when Jens Lehmann retired after Euro 2008 but had just returned from a bacterial bowel infection which ruled him out of his country's last four games.

He played in Hanover's 2-2 draw with Hamburg at the weekend but was not selected for the upcoming friendlies against Chile and Ivory Coast.

Loew said he was still his first choice for the World Cup in South Africa next year, and that the decision was based on his recent return to fitness. He had eight caps.
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
Really sad. . .monumental loss to the Germans and all footie lovers.
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by kizi: 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
BlueDiva:

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/10112009/58/bundesliga-germany-keeper-enke-commits-suicide.html

Germany and Hanover goalkeeper Robert Enke has died at a level crossing after apparently driving into the path of an oncoming train.

More StoriesMaradona hauled before FIFA
World Cup event page
"Robert Enke died today in an accident," a media officer for the Niedersachsen Police told Reuters. "First indications point to suicide."

He was 32 years of age.

Hanover president Martin Kind was returning from a meeting with the German FA on Tuesday when he was telephoned with the news.

"You expect many things, but not something like that," he told German news agency DPA. "I do not know how and why it happened, but I do not think that it had anything to do with football."

Enke's two-year-old daughter Lara died two years ago from a heart defect.

The German FA stated: "The German team has learned of the death of Robert Enke with great shock. National team coach Joachim Loew and manager Oliver Bierhoff said 'we are all shocked, we are speechless'."

Enke became Germany's number one goalkeeper when Jens Lehmann retired after Euro 2008 but had just returned from a bacterial bowel infection which ruled him out of his country's last four games.

He played in Hanover's 2-2 draw with Hamburg at the weekend but was not selected for the upcoming friendlies against Chile and Ivory Coast.

Loew said he was still his first choice for the World Cup in South Africa next year, and that the decision was based on his recent return to fitness. He had eight caps.

I saw the news on TV few minutes ago he was a good goalie he was outstanding in the game between Hannover96 vs Hamburg which they drew 2:2 on Saturday.
R.I.P Robert ENKE!
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2009
What a pity.We just lost a good replacement for oli kahn&lehmann.Anyway leverkusen keeper would be in goal in 2010
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
This is sad and he was a top goalie one a country like England would kill to have. Sad and a great loss to family and country
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by jalether(m): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2009
This is truly sad, but why commit suicide, Is life really that depressing undecided
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by jalether(m): 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
dayokanu:

This is sad and he was a top goalie one a country like England would kill to have Sad and a great loss to family and country

That was not necessary, don't start sh1t here dayo
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Borat1: 12:44am On Nov 11, 2009
Was he drunk. If he wasnt then its suicide for sure. Really sad
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by chic2pimp(m): 12:59am On Nov 11, 2009
jalether:

That was not necessary, don't start sh1t here dayo
Don't mind Dayo jare. He can't help it
It's times like these that we do realise that Football. . . . . . . sad sad sad sad sad
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by mukina2: 2:02am On Nov 11, 2009
Really sad sad just 32 sad
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 11, 2009
dayokanu:

This is sad and he was a top goalie one a country like England would kill to have. Sad and a great loss to family and country

You and this England matter.

It's things like this that reminds me that,
Life is much more than making so much money.
A time comes, money don't mean sh.it.
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by HNIC(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2009
Why, Why Why? sad sad sad
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by jalether(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2009
BlueDiva:

You and this England matter.

It's things like this that reminds me that,
Life is much more than making so much money.
A time comes, money don't mean sh.it.

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing should make you take your own life, A lot of men (western world esp)

are getting weaker and feminized by the day, over 15 men committed mass murder and later killed themselves in the states over women

(cheated on or rejected by women) this year alone. I don't know the driven force behind Enke's rash decision but suicide has to be the dumbest and most

unnecessary action a human being can ever take. I'm not a judgmental person but I will [b]never [/b]condone such act
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2009
The man was said to have been depressed. Hw person go get so much bread and still dey depressed. this white people dey craze o.
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2009
I'm sorry but this was cowardice of the highest order. Errr he was depressed and so what? He condemned an innocent wife and an 8 month old daughter to a lifetime of sadness. It is one thing to die of natural causes, another thing to punish those who loved you with the eternal guilt that they may have failed in saving your life.

Please enough with the Enke stories! There are heroes out there.
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2009
Mr David you're harsh o. We're speaking of the dead here. Anyhow may his soul RIP
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Krayola(m): 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2009
Wish his family all the best.
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by eldee(m): 11:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
davidylan:

I'm sorry but this was cowardice of the highest order. Errr he was depressed and so what? He condemned an innocent wife and an 8 month old daughter to a lifetime of sadness. It is one thing to die of natural causes, another thing to punish those who loved you with the eternal guilt that they may have failed in saving your life.

Please enough with the Enke stories! There are heroes out there.

He was Germany's first choice keeper . . . that's enough reason to want to commit suicide. cheesy
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by jalether(m): 11:46pm On Nov 11, 2009
eldee:

He was Germany's first choice keeper . . . that's enough reason to want to commit suicide. cheesy

Now I'm not suppose to be laughing but that was grin grin grin grin
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by eldee(m): 11:50pm On Nov 11, 2009
jalether:

Now I'm not suppose to be laughing but that was grin grin grin grin
I tried to stop myself from saying this . . .till I saw Dayo's post.

All is fair in Love and War cheesy
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by dayokanu(m): 3:19am On Nov 12, 2009
Who you dey fight war with?
Re: German Keeper Enke Commits Suicide by Cristalz(f): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2009
Heard on the news this morning that police have confirmed he left a suicide note.

(1) (Reply)

Newcastle Vs Arsenal - Today At 2.30pm / Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / English F. A Cup Quarter Final Draw.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.