Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

The People, Not The Structure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The People, Not The Structure (262 Views)

The People Of Arondizuogu Report Prophet Odumeje To Their Deity (arusi) (VIDEO / The Structure Of An Effective And Fervent Prayer / Why Is Most People Not Vibrant In Dreams.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The People, Not The Structure by Justoc: 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
The trap of focusing more on the administration and physical structures of the church whilst neglecting the spiritual and physical needs of the members is catching more churches than one can imagine. This is gradually creeping in even among most reserved and respected bible-based churches. The growing numbers of members are making the administration complex, church leaders and founders are getting out of touch with the members, especially the indigent ones.

Economic situation nowadays is not getting better. Things are getting tougher. The fact is that people are getting poorer. It is expected that the church should look more inward at this time.

Some projects are of great necessity but we should remember that a church is not a building but coming together of believers. ‘…greet the church that is in their house.’ Paul wrote. The church in this case was inside someone’s house.

Do we actually need to invest very huge sums of money to meet the necessity of bringing our thousands of members together under one roof to worship? What about the financial investment involved in building a school, because we want to meet the good intention of providing our children with strong Christian foundation?

Jesus Christ ministry was focused on the people – bringing salvation to the lost, healing the sick, delivering the oppressed. The apostles also had that urgency to take care of the needs of the poor, widows and the needy, especially during the time of economic difficulty in Jerusalem.

Church leaders and founders should watch out and consider it not complex but possible to care and meet the needs of the members. For with God all things are possible. What does it profits us at the end, if the school we build, ends up out of the reach of the children of the common church member.

In my opinion, building more and more structures accumulates properties and wealth, attracting wolves into the church. It is a matter of time, probably after the passing away of the sincere church leader/founder, the wolves may succeed in kicking out the sheep, taking control of the church – with interest in the properties and wealth.

Let us stop giving the devil a chance. ‘Feed my sheep’, is Christ’s command. ‘Come and let us build,’ was Nehemiah call. Which one do we follow?

N.B. Please correct me if I am wrong. But this is how I see it for now. Let’s have your sincere and spirit-filled suggestion on this topic.

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/floatingingrace/
Visit our site: www.floatingingrace.com

(1) (Reply)

Do You Prefer To Attend Big Establised Churches Or Small Startup Churches? / Once I Was Blind / Prepare The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.