Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

X Factor Studios To Be Demolished Following Tonight's Live Semi Final - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / X Factor Studios To Be Demolished Following Tonight's Live Semi Final (430 Views)

Premiere Of "Malika - Warrior Queen" By Youneek Studios: Animation Set In 1500s / Bbnaija: Ebuka Expressed His Hatred For Tacha Tonight / Ultima Studios To Produce Award-winning TV Game Show, Family Feud In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

X Factor Studios To Be Demolished Following Tonight's Live Semi Final by ovyekuju(m): 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
The home of X Factor is set to be demolished.

Following tonight's live semi final, Fountain Studios in Wembley will close its doors for the last time.

ITV bosses have confirmed that the iconic building is going to be knocked down and transformed into new homes instead after being sold for £16 million to a property developer.

Commenting on the news, host Dermot O'Leary opened up about the significant role the studios had played in his life.

He said: "I started here, I did my first ever pilot here when I was still a runner. I got a screen test and the pilot ended up being here.

"It was my first ever hosting job so it holds a great poignancy and big significance to me."

Thames Television managing director Richard Holloway also admitted he was upset with the decision.

He explained: "It's a sad day because it's a TV studio which is closing down and will not be replaced.

"Purpose built TV studios are difficult to find."

It opened its doors as a back in 1928 and became Britain's first purpose built studios.

During the 1960s and 1970s, it hosted an array of historic television shows, including On The Buses and Upstairs, Downstairs.

Today, Fountain Studios is home to an array of small screen favourites, including Britain’s Got Talent, The Voice UK, Play To The Whistle, The Cube and All Star Mr & Mrs.

However, tonight's live X Factor semi final, following by the Xtra Factor, will mark the last time fans have the opportunity to get a glimpse of the iconic building.

Continue reading at http://www.bookspen.com/x-factor-studios-demolished-following-tonights-live-semi-final/
Re: X Factor Studios To Be Demolished Following Tonight's Live Semi Final by ayobase(m): 12:35am On Dec 05, 2016
Finally.
They have paid their dues.
It has been decades though.

(1) (Reply)

Nickelodeon To Spice Up Calabar Carnival / Nollywood And Hollywood / American Crime Season 3 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.