Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,082 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health (775 Views)

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food / NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine / 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by psucc(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2016
Consumption of ‘suya, isi-ewu, kilisi’ killing Nigerians – Health minister
By Ameh Comrade Godwin on December 5, 2016
@dailypostngr
Minister of Health, Prof Isaac Adewole, has lamented the rate of death in Nigeria resulting from unhealthy diet.
According to Adewole, hypertension is the leading cardiovascular disease in Nigeria and can result in stroke if untreated.
He remarked that 1 in every 5 Nigerians is hypertensive and at risk of premature death.
Presenting the keynote address in Lagos, during the First Annual Black Tie Gala event organised by the Tristate Heart Foundation (THF), to raise N500 million in support of cardiovascular care in Nigeria, he observed that unhealthy diets contributed significantly to the development of non communicable diseaes in Nigeria.
He said, “Sadly, there is widespread low consumption of proteins, fruits and vegetables and increasing patronage of fast food outlets by the population. There is also large promotion of sweetened products such as carbonated drinks, pastries, candies and other refined sugars, while excessive intake of salt is promoted by food additives such as monosodium glutamate common in delicacies such as suya, kilisi, isi-ewu, ngwo-ngwo, among others.”
He further added that current estimates, show that death rate from stroke is 40-50 per cent within the first three months of diagnoses, while 39 per cent of those who survived stroke after three months died within a year, with 12 per cent developing severe disability.
“I can say without fear of contradiction that at least five out of 10 adults seated here tonight have elevated blood pressure and more than half of these are not aware of their situation.
“This is frightening because the dire consequence of neglected hypertension is stroke without warning. Unless we take drastic and sustained actions, we will keep counting losses,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by segunjowo(m): 10:10am On Dec 05, 2016
hmmm
Re: Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by Sandydayziz(f): 10:15am On Dec 05, 2016
Ahhh!!! I can't stay without suya o
Re: Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by lordm(m): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2016
Hmm
Re: Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by Heavance(m): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2016
Kilishi is a must for me o... though I love taking fruits

1 Like

Re: Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by Nutase: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2016
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by austinereds(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
you guys should concur he's telling the truth.
Re: Consumption Of Suya, Isiewu, Kilisi Killing Nigerians - Minister Of Health by Jchi9876: 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
This man dey mad ooooo make i no chop ngwo-ngwo with my Red wine or my stock fish nkwobi with my palmie.

These Buharis ministers have started smoking Colombian weed

(1) (Reply)

Newest Diets That Will Keep You Fit And Slim Within Weeks! / Need Cakes, Snacks Or Affordable Catering Services In Abuja And Jos? / Spicy Pepper Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.