Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine (36190 Views)

What Is The Price Of Titus Sardine In Your Area / Which Of These Brands Of Coca-cola Did You Drink? Years. / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by metronaijaceo: 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
The National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Tuesday alerted general public against consumption of TL Tan Lung and TLC brands of canned sardine.

The Director-General of NAFDAC, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, gave the warning in Abuja.

Adeyeye explained that TL Tan Lung and TLC brands were produced by Chinese companies known as Fujian Yongfa Co. Ltd, and Dongshan Dongyi Food Co. Ltd., respectively.

She said that NAFDAC had been notified that the Malaysian Ministry of Health on April 20, 2018 in Kuala Lumpar Malaysia, recalled the two canned sardine products.

Adeyeye said that the products did not comply with the standards set by 1983 Food Act and was recalled due to presence of nematode parasitic worms in the products.

The director-general also cautioned all importers not to import the affected canned sardines into the country.

“Anybody in possession of the unwholesome canned sardines should submit them to the nearest NAFDAC Office.

“Consumers are encouraged to report all adverse events resulting from the use of these products to the nearest NAFDAC office,” she said

http://www.metronaija.ng/nafdac-cautions-public-against-consumption-of-2-brands-of-sardine/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Shortyy(f): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
I don't even like eating canned foods.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
Good governance....

This is how it is done in a sane society.

Thumbs up!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by pilarnig(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ha... Chop and die

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by alsudaes1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
No more sardine of whatsoever brand for me and my household till further notice.

7 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by AJOT99(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ok
Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Equation89(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
Nice...noted
Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by sinisters(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
Sleeping NAFDAC

Dora's shoes too big for her successors

Hope the agency is awake now!

17 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by dotG(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
I go chop make I die after all if naija no fit kill me nothing will..���

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
How many people see road chop Sardine.

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Hunry: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
pictures or adonbelivit

11 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Trustme2(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Segunade10:
Ok
u
AJOT99:
Ok
AJOT99:
Ok
pilarnig:
Ha... Chop and die
Segunade10:
Ok
Space bookers
Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Bodude504: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Thanks
Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by jaxxy(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
We just need to be a highly organized society and we will get there. Welldone Nafdac.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by meolaniyi(m): 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
So if not for Malesia, we would not have noticed. Lifeless country with Lifeless president

11 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Dandsome: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
Thanks to God for Malaysia o. We for don die since

5 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by babajeje123(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
sinisters:
Sleeping NAFDAC

Dora's shoes too big for her successors

Hope the agency is awake now!
No one can be as daring as Dora, mama Nafdac.
Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by GogetterMD(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
metronaijaceo:
The National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Tuesday alerted general public against consumption of TL Tan Lung and TLC brands of canned sardine.

The Director-General of NAFDAC, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, gave the warning in Abuja.

Adeyeye explained that TL Tan Lung and TLC brands were produced by Chinese companies known as Fujian Yongfa Co. Ltd, and Dongshan Dongyi Food Co. Ltd., respectively.

She said that NAFDAC had been notified that the Malaysian Ministry of Health on April 20, 2018 in Kuala Lumpar Malaysia, recalled the two canned sardine products.

Adeyeye said that the products did not comply with the standards set by 1983 Food Act and was recalled due to presence of nematode parasitic worms in the products.

The director-general also cautioned all importers not to import the affected canned sardines into the country.

“Anybody in possession of the unwholesome canned sardines should submit them to the nearest NAFDAC Office.

“Consumers are encouraged to report all adverse events resulting from the use of these products to the nearest NAFDAC office,” she said

http://www.metronaija.ng/nafdac-cautions-public-against-consumption-of-2-brands-of-sardine/

Prof Adeyeye, manifestations of a nematode infection is usually not immediate, and most likely, when symptoms are present, the populace won't be able to tie it to the consumption of tinned sardines. So please get your people out to work with SON to mop up those low quality cans of sardines at the malls and ports

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Divay22(f): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
Titus still remains the best sardine grin grin
But, the price increase and fish for inside come small, sardine way i dey chop dey remain before, I no dey even see am for indomie now again angry

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by excomarow(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Shortyy:
I don't even like eating canned foods.

...and I just down one sardine with indomine now sef before d tread entered... I Don chop worms be that..

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Truths22(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Trying to get things ryt
Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by ivandragon: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
this is a shoddy announcement by NAFDAC.

the pictures of the canned products should be circulated along with the statement...

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Kayharry(m): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
Old news

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Dafreeguy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
NAFDAC..the only relevant agency in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Saheed9: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Pictures please

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine by Dottore: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Oh my

(1) (2) (Reply)

GWR: Tope Maggie Completes 200-Hour Cooking (Photos) / 7 Amazing Benefits Of Drinking Water First Thing In The Morning / What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.