Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Where Does The Spirit Go? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does The Spirit Go? (841 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does The Spirit Go? by Godmother(f): 10:44am On Nov 11, 2009
Please, experts in the house, I am confused on a particular subject. Its about a man being a tripathide (hope I got the spelling right) being. If he dies the body returns to the dust, the soul goes to either heaven or hell. Where does the spirit go to?
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2009
You are not confused but only chasing vanity.

Find time,look around(may be in the village) where you may find very old people and try to sample their opinion(if they have any)concerning the state of their mind---whether active or outdated close to their dying moment?

Secondly,heaven or hell are states of the mind(emphasis is mine).If you want your heaven or your HELL,create one for yourself.

Have a great day.

http://www.mutualinterestsforum.com/
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 11:31am On Nov 11, 2009
am single still searching(are u married).

from eu.

Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by Nezan(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2009
alex0026:

am single still searching(are u married).
from eu.

Unserious minds . . . you don tire with posting websites here, don begin date babes? Na wa for you-o.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2009
o boy which level u dey,abi democracy no apply to the internet?

if u don marry,congrats and wish you a happy married life and we look up to your advice on how to select our future partner and settle down.Abi na crime to select.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by Nezan(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
Okay, I wish you a happy search . . . but how will you get true love on a forum that people use fake names and hide under anonymity to make posts?
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2009
Thank you, Nezan

Well you may be right to an extent but at the same time i've to keep on searching as you advised.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by Godmother(f): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
You people are posting OP o. Which one is are you married?How does that affect a person's spirit or soul?
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by NegroNtns(m): 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
@Post,

Spirit is the messenger of the soul. For every child that is born, a part of that child is left permanently embedded in the mother's womb. When a child is in danger. . . the mother feels it. When her child is dead. . .the mother gets the message before the news is brought to her. There is an invisible communication channell between the womb and its children. The womb itself is a universe. When we come into this world we merely transcended one dimension of cosmos into another one. Its same when we die. We are transcending. . .a new birth into a new dimension. Our mother then would be the Earth.

That part of a deceased individual that is left on Earth when he transcends is called SPIRIT and it is the communication channell between a deceased person and this universe. . or more appropariately, this womb! The rituals of birth and death are very very similar. The umbilical cord for a new born must never be abandoned in the open. . it must be buried or properly disposed. . . it is a spiritual lifeline for the child. Likewise. . . the remains of a dead person must never be abandoned in the field. . it must be buried or properly disposed. In a fatal accident, if all you could find of a decease is one little finger, then that finger must undergo the rituals of burial.

Look. . . too deep subject to narrate with few paragraphs here.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by Godmother(f): 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2009
In a nutshell you are saying that the spirit remains here on earth.Does it roam about?
I heard once that for the spirit to find peace it has to be buried, but I thought the peace meant was that it would later go someplace.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by NegroNtns(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
In a nutshell you are saying that the spirit remains here on earth. Does it roam about?
I heard once that for the spirit to find peace it has to be buried, but I thought the peace meant was that it would later go someplace.

Probably. smiley
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by Godmother(f): 10:16am On Nov 12, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Probably. smiley

Still not clear undecided
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by ttalks(m): 11:01am On Nov 12, 2009
Godmother:

Please, experts in the house, I am confused on a particular subject. Its about a man being a tripathide (hope I got the spelling right) being. If he dies the body returns to the dust, the soul goes to either heaven or hell. Where does the spirit go to?

The spirit goes back to God:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Also, the soul does not go to hell or heaven when the person dies; it simply ceases to exist at that point in time; it loses all form of conciousness.

The hell or heaven concept can only come into play when the judgement period comes up; and that is after Christ's return when everybody; both the living and the dead will face judgement.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by scottN(m): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2009
^^^^^^ Can u then explain the phenomenon of wandering spirits undecided ?
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by ttalks(m): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2009
scottN:

^^^^^^ Can u then explain the phenomenon of wandering spirits undecided ?

I have no understanding or idea about wandering spirits. All i can say that if such do exist, it is as a result of trickery of the devil and his cohorts.
I guess this idea of wandering spirits is a play on the emotions of people who believe such stuff.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by scottN(m): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2009
ttalks:

I have no understanding or idea about wandering spirits. All i can say that if such do exist, it is as a result of trickery of the devil and his cohorts.
I guess this idea of wandering spirits is a play on the emotions of people who believe such stuff.

Hmmmmm so i take it that u don't believe in ghosts?
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by ttalks(m): 11:14am On Nov 12, 2009
scottN:

Hmmmmm so i take it that u don't believe in ghosts?

As i said earlier, such stuff is simply the trickery on emotions of people.
Ghosts, wandering spirits do exist in the minds of people but are not reality; they are simply virtual stuff projected based on the emotions of those involved.
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2009
Godmother,where are you from and why are you preoccupied with this 'ghost story'?

What do you call the mirage of the desert or the peppers' ghost experiment in physics?

na wa for u,do you think christ actually fed five thousand people with five loaf of bread and two fishes?wake up from your deep sleep and be wise.

Christ fed them with words of wisdom and understanding---it's just a parable(a proverb).

Ghosts are man made,even you can make one .

good evening
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by Godmother(f): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2009
alex0026:

Godmother,where are you from and why are you preoccupied with this 'ghost story'?

What do you call the mirage of the desert or the peppers' ghost experiment in physics?

na wa for u,do you think christ actually fed five thousand people with five loaf of bread and two fishes?wake up from your deep sleep and be wise.

Christ fed them with words of wisdom and understanding---it's just a parable(a proverb).

Ghosts are man made,even you can make one .

good evening

That I do not agree with at all.Soon you'll say the parable Christ did when he turned water to wine was also a parable also undecided
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
Listen to words of wisdom from me,

You are a human being with powers which can be developed.

If you want to know where spirits go(funny question) after death i will tell you.

First, spirit is defined as the force or vital principle within living things(human).

Secondly,an adult transfers his spirit to his child during reproduction.When a man dies,the spirit is simply no more.

Finally,through learning your great grand fathers where able to discover and recognise palm wine and later THE ILLICIT GIN(ogogoro).

If i may ask you, who revealed  all these things to them?

Stop running or thinking of miracles.work hard and life will naturally create miracles for you through your own effort.

You will fall into TRAPS if you are searching for a miracle other than yours.

Christ decorated the earth with his own world,think of the world inside you and decorate your immediate environment with it,and if you can decorate Nigeria with the world inside you.

Thanks
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by mazaje(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2009
Sadly, nothing happens afterwards, so the efforts of religion are an even more complete waste since no body has ever provided evidence to show that the spirit exist in the first place. . . . . . . Before you were born you were unalive. When you die, you return to this state. Never to wake up,  . . .  Simple as that, There is no reason to think otherwise until evidence for it surfaces. And there is none other than some silly ancient scribblings and bronze age myths. In other words, no evidence. . . . . . .
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2009
Are you still confused Godmother?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Alex(Hamburg)
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by Godmother(f): 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2009
No, Im not.Thanks guys
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
Goodluck.

Bye
Re: Where Does The Spirit Go? by alex0026(m): 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2009
Hello Godmother,how you de?

(1) (Reply)

A Clip U Must Have! / Open Letter To Christians In Naira Land Forum (religious Section). / Video: Christianity Vs Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.