Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka (40157 Views)

"I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by johhnnie(m): 1:36am On Dec 06, 2016
rapistomenka:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/12/05/jimmy-carter-got-me-my-green-card-i-never-applied-for-it-soyinka/

Dear Prof. Speaking out in the public in the first place about tearing your GC makes way for public opinion. You invited the public to the debate and the public has reported!
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by hollowpot15684(m): 1:37am On Dec 06, 2016
loomer:
Oga go sleep. Who ask you?

it was a media interview.. grin
must you type something?
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 06, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
i dont know how and why they gave this olodo of a prof nobel prize, what major work has he done in this 21st century
he brought cult to universities in Nigeria
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 06, 2016
The mad Professor don vex. The man para begin dey talk nonsense. This man must smoking some shitt.

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by hollowpot15684(m): 1:38am On Dec 06, 2016
WHERE ALL THE SLAVE TO GREEN CARD??
DEM GO START TO ABUSE THIS MAN NOW...
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by sapele914(m): 1:48am On Dec 06, 2016
cowardSeun:
Wole Soyinka is an illiterate old fool..
I know you Mr Man just to remind you before you get carried away with your social media mask,your father is/was a nobody just a statistic at his utmost was not worth a cent of the man called Wole Soyinka to be more precise your old man's an ant in the presence of the Great laureate winner, may God forgive you. He even said it why should illiterates and someone from a poor background like you comment about his personal life because he made a statement that came out on social media or was it your mother's brother he made the statement to,didn''t your father make statements to your mother in his living room did social media scrutunize your father MR Nobody?bunch of satanic people then you expect anything good to come out of Nigeria. Baba Buhari keep working.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by stinechykee: 1:57am On Dec 06, 2016
Pedagogue:
Responding to some infantile people here is a waste of precious time. Any perspicuous mind here will know that the reason why many folks are attacking Soyinka is not because of the Green Card issue! Far from it!

Professor Wole Soyinka is the greatest Nigerian academic-living or dead. PERIOD.

Many Soyinka haters are still reeling from his severe criticism of the GEJ regime! Interestingly, most of these people are from the region that are pained that Soyinka won the most prestigious Nobel price, which Prof Achebe could not! That is the REAL cause of their hateful comments.
See them Afonja catch the loose dog before he go on rampage oooo

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 06, 2016
hyperflex:
...see pple still getting excited over someone else's green card utterances. Is it ur green card?? Abuse the man when uv been internationally acclaimed for something. Half of you are just an embarrassment to this 20th/21st century generation. Every one in the internet age has something to say whether sensible or senseless but mostly senseless. No respect for older people again and u wonder why children born in the 90s entering 2000s are valueless. Come for me and perish.

They're children of hatred. Only rhetorics of hatred and inter tribal slurs excite them.

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by stinechykee: 2:13am On Dec 06, 2016
MONITZ:

Percuniary wat??I want to belive that u dont truly know this man...U surely dont know this man's pedigree ,initially people didn't believe wen he said he would tear- up his green card,they said he wouldn't do such a thing nd that he was just bragging. Having fulfilled his promise, we re on a different level from: 'he can't do it to 'to "wat is wrong with this man? ,this man is senile,he talks too much".

How can one actually satisfy Nigerians?
Shut that trap you call mouth you Afonja liars,fulfil wat,did he tear his green card like he boasted or he just throw it one side of his room after which he will still pick it.There is different between tearing and throwing Afonja zombie if you don't know

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by sapele914(m): 2:14am On Dec 06, 2016
LorDBolton:

Since you're not wole soyinka's son, why not tell me what your own dad has achieved so I talk about mine??

What govt oppression did they fight?
How did they fight it?
How did they manage the fraternity?
What was the impact of the fraternity on university culture?
What legacy did they leave behind?

Mtcheeew why am I even issuing an intelligent rebuttal to gibbon like u.

He won a Nobel laureate? Renowned prof?

Lols pls Get tha fvck out my mentions twerp!!
Mumudey it is quite obvious,when others were studying history where were you or which secondary or high school did you attend?must you comment and show your ignorance?the scripture says a fool when quite is even thought to be clever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 06, 2016
jon1:
Soyinka brought this upon himself with his loquacity. He was myopic to envisage the plausible outcome of the U.S. elections which was glaring to some of us right from the conventions and it's attendant effect on his character. He spoke without foresight and pledged without insight to TEAR his green card. Proves peroxide blonde bleached hair doesn't instil wisdom. It is merely a fashion statement.

Soyinka did not bring anything upon himself, most of the people here ranting against him are just a bunch of loutish losers trying to vent their frustrations on the old man.

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 06, 2016
EXCUSE ME PLEASE....

1. Every ADULT who is granted a green card has to apply for one. Documents needs to be submitted, application needs to be filed and SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT/BENEFICIARY. Interviews take place ,either in the US or in the applicants' home country ,before permanent residency is granted. So NO ONE CAN GET A GREEN CARD FOR ANYONE. So if the Prof said Jimmy carter just went and got a green card for him. THAT"S A LIE.

2. Green Card is just a physical card representing your status of permanent residency in the U.S. If you tear it up or lose it, you can always get a replacement. It doesn't mean tearing it up is a loss of your permanent residency status. If the prof tore it up, he is still a permanent resident of the US and can always pay for a new card to be issued. Replacement cost is $365. Here is a US govt site where you apply for replacement green card. https://www.uscis.gov/i-90. BTW,there is no proof he ever tore it up.

3. The green card is mostly shown while entering the US from overseas. For day to day living in the US, you would seldom be asked to produce it. Because you will already have your social security number and state I.D/Driving licence. The state ID/social security links to your immigration status in the US,so the green card is not needed. That's what (I.D card/driving licence/SSN card) law enforcement or employers would ask you to show. So even if the Prof destroyed his green card, all he has to do is go to US immigration or US embassy overseas, present his Nigerian passport and they would check his details on the computer and fingerprints/photos, and stamp his passport with his green card details. That's all. He doesn't actually need the physical green card to enter or remain in the U.S.

4. The prof is most probably playing to the gallery. I'm sure he'd be back in the U.S within months. He's just traveling ,giving paid lectures and speeches overseas and pretending he's left the U.S once and for all.

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by stinechykee: 2:27am On Dec 06, 2016
Rossikki:

HE HAS A RIGHT TO BE DISGUSTED AT THE ELECTION OF A RACIST, IGNORANT, UNQUALIFIED, WARMONGERING, DANGEROUS DEMAGOGUE AS THE US PRESIDENT.

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FILLED WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEX THAT YOU CANNOT IMAGINE CHALLENGING OR QUESTIONING ANYTHING 'WHITE' DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD EXPECT WOLE SOYINKA TO BE A SLAVE LIKE YOU. UNDERSTOOD? HE'S WAY ABOVE YOUR LEVEL INTELLECTUALLY, SO SEES THINGS VERY DIFFERENT FROM A PERSON LIKE YOU WHO CANNOT SEE OR THINK BEYOND HIS NEXT MEAL.
And how are you Afonja and your dullardino president of Nigeria better than president elect of USA? Instead of you Afonjas to concentrate on how you zombies of tribe that voted that dullard PMB you people are here criticing Trump who haven't even started working as a president

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by ddeola: 2:45am On Dec 06, 2016
Baba, we don close that chapter nau.

Talk about something else...
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by RaeMystix: 2:48am On Dec 06, 2016
Seems Baba has the early set of Dementia/ Alziemers,

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by lastpage: 2:49am On Dec 06, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
i dont know how and why they gave this olodo of a prof nobel prize, what major work has he done in this 21st century

The same reason they did not give yuor father or anyone from your generation: You think through ur Anu$s.

Start by telling us what anyone from your lineage, has done, in ANY CENTURY, apart from being an "Internet Millipede"!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by lastpage: 2:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Phlegmwash:

They're children of hatred. Only rhetorics of hatred and inter tribal slurs excite them.

I just wonder what makes them eternally full of ANGER and HATRED for others?
Everything they do, every decision they take..... is governed and informed by Anger and Hatred for others.

How can a "race" have that as a common denominator?

WHY?? Is it God that created them that way?

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by WizBLANCE(m): 3:07am On Dec 06, 2016
“I am going to move the residency of the foundation operated by me out of the country..."

sir i hate to break it to you but the truth is that before your foundation Nigeria was. More to that, a lot of people dont even know you have a foundation so i surgest you work on making us feel the impact of your foundation before you move it. Who knows it may give you the attention you require.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by tropaz(m): 3:11am On Dec 06, 2016
rapistomenka:
Somebody should pleas get prof a wife cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only an erection and subsequent ejaculation can calm his body down cheesy cheesy

Jimmy Carter gave you your green card and you accepted it with both hands and ran in a neck-breaking speed to America
Its either u are a kid or u are a retarded human..
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by vineyardfarms: 3:22am On Dec 06, 2016
WOLE SOYINKA. YOU ARE SUCH A BETRAYAL. THIS IS THE WAY YOU ARE PAYING BACK PRESIDENT CARTER AND OTHERS WHO ASSISTED YOU IN YOUR TIME OF NEED.

SOYINKA, A GREEN CARD CAN NEVER BE GIVEN TO YOU (WITHOUT YOUR SIGNATURE ) PRESIDENT CARTER AND ALL THOSE THAT ASSISTED YOU CAN BE PROB. YOUR EVIL ACTIONS AND COMMENTS MAY BLOCK FUTURE HELP TO THOSE IN NEED.
SOYINKA, YOU ARE SUCH AN UNGRATEFUL FELLOW AND I AM NOT SURPRISE.
THE CULTS YOU HELP TO INTRODUCED TO UNIVERSITIES IS LIKE WILD FIRE BURNING IN OUR CAMPUSES.

I PRAY THAT MR PRESIDENT ELECT, DONALD TRUMP WILL PUT A SEARCHLIGHT BEAM ON YOUR GREEN CARD. THEN, YOU WILL KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GREEN CARD, WHEN YOU BEGIN TO APPLY AND QUEY FOR VISA AT EMBASSY.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Prescott001(m): 3:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Ekeremgba(m): 3:59am On Dec 06, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Billygee2u: 4:07am On Dec 06, 2016
otukpo:
Somebody should please advise Soyinka to stop ranting.

He is embarrassing himself.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Ironi: 4:08am On Dec 06, 2016
DedeNkem:
Why create a problem for Jimmy Carter? Soyinka, you're ungrateful!

Exactly my sentiments, Jimmy Carter used his influence and power to get Soyinka a green card and he is now running his mouth and creating problems for him because of his ego.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by totorimi: 4:33am On Dec 06, 2016
This is a real example of the saying that .....

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Mark Twain

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Burgerlomo: 4:34am On Dec 06, 2016
thesicilian:
Jimmy Carter gave you a green card free of charge, while others were slaving away for years to get theirs. And the best way to pay him back was to tear up the green card because an election did not go your way

To be candid with you, I don't expect all this ranting from Prof, as a matter of fact the man fall my hand big time unbelievable

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by SaffronSpice: 4:36am On Dec 06, 2016
castrokins:
What Exactly Has Happened To Prof. Soyinka? If I Didn't Watch This Report On Channels Tv, I'd Think It's Made Up By The Media. You Made A Promise, Not Just Before Nigerians, But The Entire World. What's Wrong In Reminding You Of An Earlier Promise? I Know You Campaigned For Buhari Who's Cancelled All Hi Promises To Nigerians, But One Would've Expected That A Professor Of Your Standing Would Be Different. Disappointing!!
Nigerians and the entire world?
According to Newsweek:
"In a recent discussion with students at the University of Oxford in the U.K., which was shared ina video on October 27, the author vowed to destroy his green card should Trump be declared the winner of the election."
http://europe.newsweek.com/exclusive-donald-trump-pull-us-boko-haram-fight-says-soyinka-518928?rm=eu
Only the students he addressed can have a say.
These millipedes around should clear off.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by totorimi: 4:46am On Dec 06, 2016
This is a typical example of the saying that.....

'Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt' -Mark Twain

BTW has he turn the card yet NO, Lying prof. Go and find something to do nonsense no wonder his brain is like that of bubu, reasoning backwards. Somebody should put a rope on his neck because this is turning to a national embarrassment.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by TWoods(m): 4:58am On Dec 06, 2016
MrPrsdent:
EXCUSE ME PLEASE....

1. Every ADULT who is granted a green card has to apply for one. Documents needs to be submitted, application needs to be filed and SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT/BENEFICIARY. Interviews take place ,either in the US or in the applicants' home country ,before permanent residency is granted. So NO ONE CAN GET A GREEN CARD FOR ANYONE. So if the Prof said Jimmy carter just went and got a green card for him. THAT"S A LIE.

2. Green Card is just a physical card representing your status of permanent residency in the U.S. If you tear it up or lose it, you can always get a replacement. It doesn't mean tearing it up is a loss of your permanent residency status. If the prof tore it up, he is still a permanent resident of the US and can always pay for a new card to be issued. Replacement cost is $365. Here is a US govt site where you apply for replacement green card. https://www.uscis.gov/i-90. BTW,there is no proof he ever tore it up.

3. The green card is mostly shown while entering the US from overseas. For day to day living in the US, you would seldom be asked to produce it. Because you will already have your social security number and state I.D/Driving licence. The state ID/social security links to your immigration status in the US,so the green card is not needed. That's what (I.D card/driving licence/SSN card) law enforcement or employers would ask you to show. So even if the Prof destroyed his green card, all he has to do is go to US immigration or US embassy overseas, present his Nigerian passport and they would check his details on the computer and fingerprints/photos, and stamp his passport with his green card details. That's all. He doesn't actually need the physical green card to enter or remain in the U.S.

4. The prof is most probably playing to the gallery. I'm sure he'd be back in the U.S within months. He's just traveling ,giving paid lectures and speeches overseas and pretending he's left the U.S once and for all.

Even if Carter got him the card, who has been renewing it for him? Jimmy Carter too?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DIRTY GAME / Love & Wisdom / Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.