Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

Laptop Is Slow At Startup, Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Is Slow At Startup, Help (602 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / How To Make Your PC Say Welcome Message At Startup / Windows Xp Error Complain At Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Is Slow At Startup, Help by bisifunke: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2009
I have Dell vostro laptop core duo , 2GB RAM. i have tried to remove all programs on the startup but still low to bring the desktop. I now observed that my network card LAN and WLAN is causing the delay and always the last to complete loading. i hav also scan for virus with mcafee viruscan 8.5i. Pls if you know any other thing i can do so solve this pro i will appreciate. thansks
Re: Laptop Is Slow At Startup, Help by cantell(m): 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
@poster,
Mcafee slows down computer. Use avast instead. Change the resolution, remove unwanted start-up programs/uninstall some programs that are not in use, update ur antivirus and scan your pc. If you're using vista, type slow start-up in the search menu and follow the steps.
Good luck!
Re: Laptop Is Slow At Startup, Help by udochukwu1: 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2009
Age of the hard disk can cause it,age of the RAM can also cause it,anti-virus can also cause it,try and reloading the OS and use anoda anti-virus,for ur technical support text 07083225566 or udomay2k@yahoo.com
Re: Laptop Is Slow At Startup, Help by Mavor: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2009
run "msconfig", under the services tab,tick "Hide All Microsoft Services", then untick everything on the list except your antivirus,then go to the startup tab and untick everything apart from your antivirus.Apply, OK, then restart and your laptop will restart at blazing speed, guaranteed,

(1) (Reply)

Web Accelerator / Advice On D Laptop To Buy / Whats D Major Improvement On Vista In 7?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.