Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Children In A Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children In A Marriage (671 Views)

Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children In A Marriage by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hi,
I know family is extremely important in the Igbo culture. However, what if a man & woman get married and the woman, for whatever reason, doesn't give birth to any child. Would the husband be okay with having no kids or would he forcefully suggest a surrogate, IVF treatments, or adoption?
Re: Children In A Marriage by pocohantas(f): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
THEY would do either of the aforementioned in your post.
The way you made the decision all about the husband, suggests the issue is from the woman.
Re: Children In A Marriage by delishpot: 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
No, if he can't have by you, he may decide to have kidd outside. Behind your back.
Re: Children In A Marriage by lomaxx: 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
The causes of infertility are 40% man, 40% woman, 10% both and 10% unknown. It would be extremely unfair to automatically write off the woman as the sole cause of the inability of a couple to attain conception.

Before looking for all the possible solutions, keep culture aside and seek a professional medical opinion and direction.
Re: Children In A Marriage by Metroescobar: 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
This situation has led to many doomed marriages!
Re: Children In A Marriage by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=pocohantas post=51670150]THEY would do either of the aforementioned in your post.
The way you made the decision all about the husband, suggests the issue is from the woman. [/quote

I guess I did do that. No infertility problem or anything. I should've said that the woman just may not "want" rather than "can't " have any children.]
Re: Children In A Marriage by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 06, 2016
lomaxx:
The causes of infertility are 40% man, 40% woman, 10% both and 10% unknown. It would be extremely unfair to automatically write off the woman as the sole cause of the inability of a couple to attain conception.
Before looking for all the possible solutions, keep culture aside and seek a professional medical opinion and direction.

Good point. This is not about me..was just asking because I know how important children are in the culture & was curious to know if it is a "deal breaker" for some men.
a "deal breaker" for some men.
Re: Children In A Marriage by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 06, 2016
delishpot:
No, if he can't have by you, he may decide to have kidd outside. Behind your back.

Well that would be quite unfortunate when there would be other options.
Re: Children In A Marriage by bellong: 4:14am On Dec 06, 2016
It is not impossible as there are people who don't care about having children.
The key here is to get married to such a person. It is one of the discussions during courtship.

Finding a man who doesn't want children may not be easy but it is not impossible.
Re: Children In A Marriage by Jennifer89(f): 4:51am On Dec 06, 2016
op why are you asking this kind of question? It all depends on the couple. They will take the best decision suitable for them
Re: Children In A Marriage by Nutase: 6:18am On Dec 06, 2016
These are issues to iron out before marriage. Some guys don't care while others do. Mind you it's not only Igbo culture but a general issue. I know some oyibo marriages that have crashed because of children issue.

(1) (Reply)

Parents! Private Tutor Now Available Festac Amuwo Odofin Ago Okota / My Experience And Fight With Depression / Two Brides And A Groom Marriage In Isoko,delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.