Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) (48206 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Marriage Introduction In Yoruba Land - What Is Expected Of The Groom To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by dainformant(m): 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Imo state is in the news again over the requirements which a groom recently presented to his bride's family for their marriage introduction.

According to MC Emmydon, an eyewitness who was shocked by what he saw, his friend (the groom) bought various sets of wrapper, bags of rice, drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic among others things which he gave his partner's family for their wedding introduction on Sunday, January 6th. 

He also revealed that these were required from the groom aside the bride price which was later paid to the lady's family.

The report has sparked mixed reactions from Nigerian internet users, with some lamenting over the "large" requirements. 

See the reactions below. 

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/requirements-for-marriage-introduction-in-imo-state.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Kenzico(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
shocked

Too much hunger in that state called IMO STATE...They always see every opportunity as a means for embezzlement

Look at what a man have to offer before he married someone's daughter....TUFIAKWA!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
Is even small ....

Why are u shouting

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by brownshooga: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Her mum will kuku open wrapper shop grin

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Female pikin na really investment for that region oo...so, go even ask the groom to buy land, build skyscraper on top for introduction to take place.... This is what poverty is causing, they are know using it to hide through what they call tradition...if na me if I marry the pikin finish I no won see the family for ma house till world go end undecided

24 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Ehiscotch(m): 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Look at that one saying it is because they are beautiful, intelligent and blah blah blah that only real men come for them.

I am sure that lady in question is unmarried and whoever is dating her might be one broke guy somewhere.

Imo ladies should get ready to marry themselves very soon if they aren't ready to stop this tradition.

And OP, I have seen worse. They haven't still bought white IGBO goats and all other nonsense.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
I have seen worse. so what's all the hype undecided

5 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
My God
After all these bank account shattering demands
They will still be asking their son in law for other financial aids angry
And some ladies will be disrespectful and say they are equal to their husbands. nonsense

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Offpoint: 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lol, not for people like me... When I impregnate your daughter with twins then run to Cameron, you'll be the one begging to come and take her for free.

If I paid such outrageous amount of money, she becomes one of my assets, not wife.

That's why I go marry either Hausa or Yoruba.
1 bag of Ewedu and pepper or 1 bag of goro and kunu.... wife don land.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by lonelydora: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
All of you bashing Igbos with their list, are you people aware there is something called Tradition?

Could it be these lists is why Igbo women stay in marriage no matter the situation. They don't cheat, they don't run away when the situation goes wrong.

Igbo amaka. Marry an Igbo woman and have absolute peace in your marriage.

IGBO AMAKA!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Oceannaagent: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by slawomir: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
Isoright

We Bini nor dey do this rubbish

Just pay 25 naira the girl is yours

BUt if you fuckkkk up begin treat the girl anyhow then the niggarzz in the girl's family go make sure say your head rolll

14 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by RockHard: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
Wetin dem want use all that 'Abada'/Ankara do? Odiegwu ooo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by tstx(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
To fully understand why Bride has come to stay in Nigeria, read the article below...
5 Reasons Why Bride Price is an Important Part of African Marriages
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Fash20: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Robnectar(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mrs Ogechi Ololo, Imo State Commissioner for Happiness and Couple’s Fulfillment shall supply all the groom's need

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Ehiscotch:
Look at that one saying it is because they are beautiful, intelligent and blah blah blah that only real men come for them.
I am sure that lady in question is unmarried and whoever is dating her might be one broke guy somewhere.
Imo ladies should get ready to marry themselves very soon if they aren't ready to stop this tradition.

And OP, I have seen worse. They haven't still bought white IGBO goats and all other nonsense.

Leave them for us oh.
We can pay, what happened to edo ladies.
Appreciate ur heritage and marry from ur tribe bros

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Bride price cost 50naira only where I'm from.

3 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Awoo88: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
For some like me, na only bride price I go pay. If dem.make.teouble, I go try.next door
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by lakesider(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
By their culture , you can tell that poverty lies in their brain

14 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Lordofthewest(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hehehe..I'm still trying to figure out if all these is for wedding or just another excuse to carry out extortion on a grand scale.

6 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Idontenjoybants(f): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
The man is GOLD ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Tunasco4u(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
Someone's investment grin grin grin grin grin grin awon eyan Uche

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
It is hilarious but not everything is necessary to be brought to social media

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Bride price cost 50naira only where I'm from.

Hm
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Bossontop(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
cry cry cry cry

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by jrusky(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
Seed sowing time. Good investment.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Bizmagnet: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway (2019 Edition) / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? / My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.