Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Advantages Of Blogging Over Other Professions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Advantages Of Blogging Over Other Professions (550 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging / 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages Of Blogging Over Other Professions by Elijahrona(m): 12:20am On Dec 06, 2016
I've been blogging for a while now, most importantly, I've tried other jobs as well so i I've been able to compare.

This post doesn't fall on the niche i blog about though so let me just share it here(This doesn't mean you should just copy).

Here are a few (of the thousand) advantages of blogging over other jobs

1. Age restriction
We all know that someone can't continue doing all kinds of work when old. Take engineering for instance. How can an old man handle car engines n all n all? Or tailoring. People (younger generation) wouldn't want to patronize this guy cause he's too old and they'll get the impression that he's off-trend. Blogging however is different. Blogging isn't a hard job to do and most people don't even know the owners of websites they visit. So age is an advantage of blogging over many other jobs

2. Limit of creativity
Sorry tailors but i want to use you guys as an example again. Tailoring, as we all know, is a profession that is almost fully reliant on creativity. However, some people are kinda too creative and they may be ridiculed. Examples of these are people who decide to use a color of thread to sew another color or people who put zip In places where it shouldn't be. You see? Even if tailoring is creativity, it's not all the time that it'll call for it. Blogging however, is different. Bloggers all know that 'it's their site, it's their rules'. For website visitors, if you're not comfortable with how a site operates, you've got no option than to leave.

3. Immobility
Blogging is better than almost all professions for this reason. They're able to change locations freely and at will. A school owner and a pastor would be afraid cause they may loose all their members if they change locations. Bloggers can change locations at will and even if they want to change their website, they only need to automatically redirect visitors from the previous website to the new one.

4. Exposure
The world is made up of billions of people. Other professions find it harder to reach a large amount of people but bloggers(no matter what they blog about), get visitors from different countries. Even if they blog about news in Nigeria, they'll still get visitors from around the globe. You see? Bloggers know lots of people and vice versa

5. Passion
Blogging is about passion and what you like. You can't be a painter and paint houses a color just cause you love that color neither can you be a tailor and always sew elastic waistband cause you love them. When you're into other professions, you act in harmony with what your customers want. In blogging however, it's the other way around. It's what you blog about that'll bring people. If you love nature, you'll blog about it and people who love nature would visit your site. That's how it is.

See? Blogging is better than many other professions.

Source: this isn't my niche so i didn't publish it anywhere else but here.

©Basic needs

Re: Advantages Of Blogging Over Other Professions by AnodaIT(m): 12:40am On Dec 06, 2016
Yeah, you are right. Blogging is better than working in an oil company because it makes you creative.

Continue creating grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Blogging Over Other Professions by D34lw4p(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2016
Nice one you've there. You can wake up early morning with only your boxers on, without brushing teeth and start working on your blog. cheesy
Re: Advantages Of Blogging Over Other Professions by macloaded: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2016
Blogging combined with other job is fun ESPECIELLY (in Eva's voice) when your niche is related to your profession.
Re: Advantages Of Blogging Over Other Professions by bedfordng(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2016
not bad

(1) (Reply)

Help A Bro With Sahifa Theme / Mmm Are Having Problems With Their Site / Premium Writing Services.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.