Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu (668 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Pete Edochie, Onyeka Onwenu, Genevieve Nnaji And Phyno Share Cute Photo / Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2016
[b]
The Igbo race has been called upon never to accept defeat of any kind as they remain survivals during and after the civil war. Rather, they should rise up and move forward.

This was the submission of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, stalwart and woman activist, Onyeka Onwenu at launch of “The Land of my Birth,” a book written by Abraham Nnadi in Lagos recently.

Onwenu said that apart from the book provoking a nostalgia feeling for those of them who witnessed the war, the book was of particular interest to Ndigbo.

She said: “Land of my Birth is a book that provokes nostalgia feelings. As a people, we read about ourselves, what we went through during the civil war and thereafter.

“But, particularly, the book speaks to Ndigbo of what we had gone through and have continued to go through in this country. We are never a people that will accept defeat. Having gone through hardship and deprivation, we have remained stronger. So, as survivals, Ndigbo the world over should rise up and just keep going forward.

“ The former Executive Director, National Centre for Women Development also called for a female president in Nigeria. She said women if given the opportunity can heal and nurture the world.

[/b]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/ndigbo-will-never-accept-defeat-onyeka-onwenu/
Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Ok, nonsense, no more land of the rising sun.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by dunkem21(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2016
We never accept defeat sha cheesy. .

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by Tallesty1(m): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by Segadem(m): 7:32am On Dec 06, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by muykem: 7:36am On Dec 06, 2016
But Ojukwu accepted defeat by seeking asylum in exile.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by GTkester: 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
muykem:
But Ojukwu accepted defeat by seeking asylum in exile.
Afonja!

Thank God I'm Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by biaframustcome: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
Egbe beru
Ugo beru

Let the Eagle perch, let the kite perch

The philosophy of live and let's live bestowed on the world by Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Will Never Accept Defeat— Onyeka Onwenu by MyGeneration(m): 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Deafeat from who?

Are we at war with anybody?

(1) (Reply)

"I Got Jesus" - Davido Tells Person Threatening His Life (photo) / Driver Abscounded With His Employer’s Car, Weeks After Posting It On Facebook / See Full List Of 2017 Grammy Awards Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.