Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nigerian Freight Forwarders Only Know How To Bribe Customs – Usoh - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Freight Forwarders Only Know How To Bribe Customs – Usoh (262 Views)

Dead Man Buried With Money To 'bribe' God / Accident Caused By Police Collecting Bribe In Onitsha Cause Death Of 4(Pics,Vide / Government Officer Buried With N17 Million To Bribe God (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Freight Forwarders Only Know How To Bribe Customs – Usoh by malik28: 8:12am On Dec 06, 2016
The former Managing Director of Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC), Dr. Kingsley Usoh has accused Nigerian freight forwarders of incompetence and lack of professionalism in the discharge of their duties.
Speaking exclusively to SHIPS & PORTS DAILY last week, Usoh said, “Anybody who lost his job or retired ends up being a freight forwarder. Most of them don’t know their right from left. They only know how to bribe Customs.”
Usoh advocated the setting up of a school dedicated to training freight forwarders to induce professionalism in the system.
Read the full interview below:

You left Nigerian Shippers Council 20 years ago, how have you managed life after retirement?
I have not retired. I am still working, studying, reading and researching. I just launched a new book including others that I have written so it is difficult to say I have retired. Business is business whether it is owned by government or private. The only difference is that while in public sector, it is what the man at the top wants done that you must do but when in the private sector, you can do it in your own way.
READ MORE http://shipsandports.com.ng/nigerian-freight-forwarders-know-bribe-customs-usoh/

(1) (Reply)

Kick Start Your Idea / Properties For Sale Get Involved Now To Get The Best. / Marketing Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.