Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? (789 Views)

Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You / Why Does Nigeria Import So Much Rice? / Nigerians Are Eating Too Much Rice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? by Olusharp(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
in response to this topic
www.nairaland.com/3485780/nigerians-eating-too-much-rice

I decided to write this..

Are Nigerians eating too much rice?

Was reading through a post of a Nairalander where he was writing Nigerians of today are eating too much rice.
The writer pinpoint the time of the popular writer Late Chinua Achebe of blessed memory where rice was eaten once in a year or during some special occasions. Why is that? because back then the Agricultural sector was something to write home about, there were different kinds of foods and they were relatively cheap, as a matter of fact foodstuffs back then were mostly fresh foods and that is the major reason most people then had a longer life span unlike today. The foodstuff were always in large quantity in their barns so who will care for rice when there is enough to eat.
But what do we have today,the Agricultural sector is half dead, you can't get those fresh foods at a cheaper price, the price of one "Abuja Yam" will buy you some cups of rice not until this recession period that things started changing, then who is to blame Nigerians for consuming too much rice? if you want a reduction in the consumption of rice then we must go back to agriculture..
Re: Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? by chocodaviva(f): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
it's d truth we consume too much rice Yoruba tribe is d worst cos we dnt even have enough native soups or food...... may God help us.....
Re: Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? by dingbang(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
Thanks for the response but u should have replied in my thread cool
Re: Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? by Khd95(m): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nigerians dey consume rice pass air..take d case of students nd most young unmarried pple,cos rice is just to easy to cook(either white or concotion)grin

I even hear say na burial rice sweet pass,shey na truesad.
Re: Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? by Airoflaw(m): 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
who has not eaten rice today or dis week? wink
Re: Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? by hugoboss70(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
I agree with the op. Our consumption of rice is just too high
Re: Are Nigerians Eating Too Much Rice? by babmore(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
Eat An Healthy Food From http://lagosteahouse.com

(1) (Reply)

FOOD ALERT: Plastic Rice I Now In Circulation In Nigeria !!! / Carrot Like Humans / 9 Belly Fat Weight Loss Recipes For Sexy Tummy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.