Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

FOOD ALERT: Plastic Rice I Now In Circulation In Nigeria !!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / FOOD ALERT: Plastic Rice I Now In Circulation In Nigeria !!! (778 Views)

See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira / "I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FOOD ALERT: Plastic Rice I Now In Circulation In Nigeria !!! by ChifysWorld: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
The Federal Operations Unit, Ikeja, of the Nigeria Customs Service has intercepted 102 bags of plastic rice branded “Beat Tomato Rice’’ with no date of manufacture.
The Customs Area Controller of F.O.U. Comptroller Mohammed Haruna, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Lagos.

READ FULL STORY @ http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/12/fear-as-customs-intercept-102-bags-of-plastic-rice.html

Re: FOOD ALERT: Plastic Rice I Now In Circulation In Nigeria !!! by ChifysWorld: 12:30am On Dec 22, 2016
How To Identify Plastic Rice

Because of the numerous health risks of ingesting plastic rice, its therefore expedient that we know how to differentiate between real rice and the plastic version.
There are several ways to do this and they are very easy to perform. The include but are not limited to:
1. WATER TEST: Take one glass or bowl of water and drop some rice in it, then stir. If the rice is fake, it will float at the top because the fake rice will definitely float in water as most plastics do.
2. FIRE TEST: Take rice and simply burn it. If any rice is made with plastic then it will come out with the plastic smell and most will melt.
3. MOULD TEST: Simply boil some of the rice, then just leave it like 2-3 days without refrigerating or warming it . If rice is plastic, then it will not have fungi as it will remain same.
4. BOILING TEST: Observe rice during the boiling time. If it's plastic, it will form a thick layer at the top of the pan.
These tricks are simple and easy, so you can try them at home. Plastic Rice can be found out very easily. Be careful as it can cause so many health implications, please let's be wise this yuletide season and all round.
5.HOT OIL TEST: Take some rice and drop into very hot oil. If its a plastic rice, the rice will melt and stick together under the pot or container.

Now that you know, Pass it on and save lives and money. Don't forget to comment and let your voice be heard.

More info @ http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/12/how-to-identify-plastic-rice.html

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Top Belly Fat Loss Foods That Melt Stubborn Belly Fat Fast / FG Declares Fanta & Sprite Manufactured In Nigeria Safe For Consumption / Fish Stew Recipe: How To Cook Tomato Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.