Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 (29116 Views)

Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes / Again Naira Falls, Sells At N465 Per Dollar / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by dominion001(m): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yyeske:
For the kids here, if GEJ had saved enough dollars like OBJ and Yar'adua, our naira won't be this low.

Remember there was a world recession around 2008/2009 but Nigeria hardly felt anything because we had enough dollars to shore up the naira then unlike now.

The blame still rest on GEJ because he never saved even in the period of all time high oil price instead he depleted what was saved and you want a miracle now.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by emi14: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Don't hide foreign monies. Efcc is coming...nonsense
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
CXLVII:

It's glaring you re in the league of complainants who happen to share blame rather than deliberating on the root cause of the free fall of the Naira. Is it APC or Buhari that is causing the fall? Read-up about the root cause and make a point with me.

Yes, I agree with you when u say policies but same Nigerians re not ready to bend. Rice and car importation by land was just stopped and see the way Nigerians re fuming and same expect a rise of the Naira

Don't mis-inform people o, any economical activity is the direct consequence of an action or inaction... which implies it's either sumthin ought to be done but isn't done or somethin was done to further create crisis
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Phonefanatic: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yyeske:
For the kids here, if GEJ had saved enough dollars like OBJ and Yar'adua, our naira won't be this low.

Remember there was a world recession around 2008/2009 but Nigeria hardly felt anything because we had enough dollars to shore up the naira then unlike now.

The blame still rest on GEJ because he never saved even in the period of all time high oil price instead he depleted what was saved and you want a miracle now.

Afonja breed of zombiee is tough to cure

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yyeske:
GEJ was left with over $60 billion dollars but handed PMB 29 billion inspite of record high price of oil

Indeed was it you that left the 60billion dollars or whom ?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
LoveMachine:
Don't cry if you cheered the destruction of pipelines. This is the result.

That is not true. It is not the reason
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by willibounce1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
CXLVII:

Stop making a fool of yourself amongs intellectuals! Do you know the cause of the Naira crash? Definitely No. Your confined knowledge wil only make you point accusing fingers.

Am sure we're part of those cheering pipeline destruction and same time accusing the president of a Naira fall

Tell us the cause.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Empiree: 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
hobermener:
Unbelievable?? Op you day craze Buhari is giving us Xmas bonus, at least if I send $1000 I my mama go get #500,000. Sai buhari!!! Baba we are with you. Sai baba till 2023 insha Allah, change is here finally grin grin grin
I remember in 2014 when it took 6000$ to save for 1 million naira. shm...everything is messed up.

You may think it is good for folks in diaspora but it is really a fraud coming from IMF. It is not PMB's fault as ignorant nigerians assume
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
supersystemsng:

This is such an uneducated thesis, what a waste of education

Normally, I would insult you and say something to get myself banned but I've been listening to Osadebe all day. I'm in a good mood so I'll respond by directing you to our atrocious mono economy. We don't export anything other than oil to earn forex. Oil is less than 15% of our economy but over 85% of our major forex earner. If people want to think the Naira will gain but still want to import things while we aren't earning forex I have a 3rd Niger bridge to sell them.

Hold this L.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by babs50g: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
I doubt if the C B N understand what is called monetary policy .
And the govt still want to borrow 29b dollars which is going to devalue the naira more.

It is a big shame
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
Millsz:
what has the destruction of pipelines got to do with the fx rate? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in support of the destructions but its irrelevant to this thread

It has everything to do with this thread. We don't earn major forex from any source other than oil. With the decline in oil price world over the Naira took a major hit but with the attacks on installations the Naira has been crippled. We import but don't export. The imbalance is being felt.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by AreaFada2: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
supersystemsng:

Bros maybe this is what the cow meant by saying by monkeys and baboons blood will be shed

Please bros, all those guys that gather at Newspaper joints, call Tv and Radio comments, gather on various forums where are they please?

Bros, when jungle mature, monkey, baboon and even tiger will all find different directions.

When they were huffing & puffing then, it was because thanks to GEJ's economic boom, they had food in their stomach & money to buy data bundles.

Don't be surprised if many of them are only just scraping by now.

Our people say if a woman does not marry a second husband, she can never know which one is better. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
LoveMachine:

Normally, I would insult you and say something to get myself banned but I've been listening to Osadebe all day. I'm in a good mood so I'll respond by directing you to our atrocious mono economy. We don't export anything other than oil to earn forex. Oil is less than 15% of our economy but over 85% of our major forex earner. If people want to think the Naira will gain but still want to import things while we aren't earning forex I have a 3rd Niger bridge to sell them.

Hold this L.

Now you're debating at my level... I love this when you knew this why didn't you siimply say balance the imbalance caused by imports than turn the other diirection ? IIf you insulted me, it's not today, people are reaading, we ought to educate people and not give partial or non-truths... No be you buy my MB, go ahead and insult

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Yyeske(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
CXLVII:

It's glaring you re in the league of complainants who happen to share blame rather than deliberating on the root cause of the free fall of the Naira. Is it APC or Buhari that is causing the fall? Read-up about the root cause and make a point with me.

Yes, I agree with you when u say policies but same Nigerians re not ready to bend. Rice and car importation by land was just stopped and see the way Nigerians re fuming and same expect a rise of the Naira
Don't mind them, local Nigerian foodstuff were imported from India and intercepted recently but i trust many Nigerians will buy it for their love for imports yet they shout naira is falling

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Yyeske(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
supersystemsng:

Indeed was it you that left the 60billion dollars or whom ?
Don't be lazy, Google is your friend
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by MartinsIfeco(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Opakan2: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
GEJ call your boys in the ND to order..

no amount of bombing will change your bad name
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
AreaFada2:

Bros, when jungle mature, monkey, baboon and even tiger will all find different directions.

When they were huffing & puffing then, it is because thanks to GEJ's economic boom, they had food in their stomach & money to buy data bundles.

Don't be surprised if many of them are only just scraping by now.

Our people say if a woman does not marry a second husband, she can never know which one is better. grin grin cheesy

As usual bros, you always make me laff, anyways I believe Fashola was calling the ex-president a puppet and clueless fool, i wonder what happened to his eloquency in insulting people... If talks could do it, i'm sure Amaechi, Oshiomole, Tinubu and Raji- Borehole -Fashola should gather and speak english for 100days maybe the naira would reverse on its downward trend....Lol

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Empiree: 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
hobermener:
Unbelievable?? Op you day craze Buhari is giving us Xmas bonus, at least if I send $1000 I my mama go get #500,000. Sai buhari!!! Baba we are with you. Sai baba till 2023 insha Allah, change is here finally grin grin grin
The only way you could be favored as a diasporan is if PMB could stabilize prices which is almost impossible.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yyeske:
Don't be lazy, Google is your friend

What a waste of education... the 90's generation, can't even endure an intellectual debate for 1 minute... keep sowing your future away, rather than speak the truth, keep throwing it away by being a lies-advocate, wetin be my own, my chilling, paying my staffs by weekend, do i sound lie the crew complaining ?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
wxyz1:
Wait o, this is how we fold how hands to watch PMB destroy Nigeria!!?
How hands?
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ofornaira:
so this is all u can say about the recession pmb has plunged our nation into? U don't see anything wrong in pmb's cabinet? Let me help u a bit since u have failed to use ur brain. The main cause of all these economic depression we are into is the use of old, inept and moronic persons like u as ministers and advisers.

You must enjoy the taste of your foot because you insist on shoving it into your mouth. PMB determines oil price? PMB has cause the economic downturn world over? PMB looted the treasury? Parastatals and MDA's were even lacking furniture at the start of this administration because the people who left power even took desks!

Stop with the insults with no data to back your assertions. Name calling may make you feel high and mighty but it makes you look small. If you have a cogent point to make pplease make it. But don't flood my mentions with childish volleys. You're embarrassing yourself.

You and I know good and well this administration is fighting an uphill battle. Be practical and honest.

His blueprint was security, corruption and economy. Year 1- BH has been brought to heel and is all but finished. Year 2 corruption has been fought tooth and nail. Year 3- Watch the turnaround this year! Year 4 - More good governance and campaigning.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Yyeske(m): 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Afonja breed of zombiee is tough to cure
No logical explanation or counter argue is when your usual meme afonja comes to mind.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by CXLVII: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
willibounce1:

Tell us the cause.

It's a long list, but if you care to know so you can next criticise constructively, I advice you do a short research on forces that determine exchange rate and relate it with the Naira fall
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Abatsam111(m): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
MartinsIfeco:
disappointment
cry
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
nwabobo:

No, it is the result of chasing BDC operators underground by unleashing DSS operatives on them.

The Naira has been in the toilet for months. This final move was unwise but don't pretend as if he would have had to try to stop the BDC's from selling above the legal limit if the oil was flowing and earning forex as it should.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by ResourceMan(m): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
bOHARI HAS THE ANOINTING OF POVERTY!
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Empiree: 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yyeske:
Don't mind them, local Nigerian foodstuff were imported from India and intercepted recently but i trust many Nigerians will buy it for their love for imports yet they shout naira is falling
Thats the problem. They don't want to return to farm. Everybody wants "office jobs" with suit and tie. But I think govt should provide incentive to farmers to bolster local workers. If they continue this way, it is finished. Nigeria should never be importing food for that matter.

I think ban should be on imported food rather than cars (at least for now). This should encourage folks to return to farm.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by Yyeske(m): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
supersystemsng:

What a waste of education... the 90's generation, can't even endure an intellectual debate for 1 minute... keep sowing your future away, rather than speak the truth, keep throwing it away by being a lies-advocate, wetin be my own, my chilling, paying my staffs by weekend, do i sound lie the crew complaining ?
Lol @paying my staff, I need to listen to logical people
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by thelegend1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
wxyz1:
Wait o, this is how we fold how hands to watch PMB destroy Nigeria!!?

Comment of the day!
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by LoveMachine(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
DonCortino:

Defender of the universe! undecided

Defender? No cape in sight my friend just being honest. We are a petro state by default from years of poor governance. If there is no petro then we are just a state. The gov is trying but seriously what did people think NDA meant when they said operation red economy? This is what happens when the militants win. We all suffer. Don't get mad now.
Re: Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 by CXLVII: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ofornaira:
so this is all u can say about the recession pmb has plunged our nation into? U don't see anything wrong in pmb's cabinet? Let me help u a bit since u have failed to use ur brain. The main cause of all these economic depression we are into is the use of old, inept and moronic persons like u as ministers and advisers.

You confidently able to type this gibberish outrightly shows you re crude, unenlightened, and dull. How dare u say the main cause of "recession" not "depression" is the presidents cabinet?

You stayed too long in the village and it's taking a toll on you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work / Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.