Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer (48984 Views)

Dara Oladosu Accepts Twitter Job Offer, Meets Jack Dorsey / Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
If you wanna get free 1000 airtime, email me (check my signature)
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by finito88(m): 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lol....i must commend the guy for having the guy for having the courage to turn down such a lucrative job offer..

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Lighthouseman: 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
I'm just hearing of his company. Nairaland is still ahead
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by lawal28c: 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
The hrt of a king
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Joeyy(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
This guy is a student of unizik not lasu.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by funshelite(m): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
You have my respect .....young brilliant and innovative thinker
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Toosure70: 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Thanks to afonja university for raising flat head children rightly. Proudly odua universities
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by ELPablochapo: 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Life is a gamble you know

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by CXLVII: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
Benin Flying Eagles re really of this dudes case!

How could you have turned down such an offer that would have an immense benefit to you dream and experience.

Aye ma nika o

2 Likes

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by helixmanager: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
I met him in Boston when he came to MIT for an award last year. Then we had a session together in Harvard with some great minds on business ideas.

Very smart guy!
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by CXLVII: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Toosure70:
Thanks to afonja university for raising flat head children rightly. Proudly odua universities

grin grin grin

Dude would have been selling Electronics in Alaba International if not for Afonja University
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by MAKABBEY(m): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
I can see Trump crying after hearing dis news... ;DI can see Trump crying after hearing dis news...
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by chidozeze(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Some idiots will think that he is fool, But he knows his worth. He is really an ambitious young man who sees problems and try to solve them. Yes! He passed the opportunity to become software engineer at microsoft. But sky will be his limit cos he is going places.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by lollmaolol(m): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
He knew his onions
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by victorazy(m): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
ritababe:

bill gate is no longer the richest man in the world

Ur fada is?

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by linearity: 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
beautyerhu86:
When you have a $25, 000 cheque, then you can turn down Bill Gates offer. Hmmmmmm someone like me will accept the offer and continue with my website; that's the Nigerian spirit ohhhhhhh.
There is an unwritten contract between you and your employer...all intellectual work and product attributed to you during the time of your employment belongs to your employer.

Since, he already have a startup, claim can not be lay to 100% of his startup, but he stands a chance of losing percentage if the thing blossoms tomorrow.

He did the right thing by turning down the offer and concentrate on his startup.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by freecocoa(f): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
Well, if you know where you are headed, you can't be told otherwise.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by ritababe(f): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
victorazy:

Ur fada is?
no, a man from Spain, check Google
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by JinX100: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
Thanks for showing Bill Gates that he is not superior to you despite his skin colour, money and fame but that ideas rule the world and even a Nigerian black man can have that innovation and idea that will rule the world.....

Thanks for not putting a price tag on your worth.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by timeequalizer(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
nairalanddss:
A 23-year-old Nigerian entrepreneur, Chris Kwekowe turned down a job offer to work as a software engineer at Microsoft, owned by the richest man in the world, Bill Gates, in order to begin his own start-up in Lagos.

The Lagos State University computer science graduate proudly revealed this to Bill Gates during a television interview for Africa’s brightest young entrepreneurs in August 2016.

Kwekowe, who won the 2015 Anzisha Prize which came with a $25,000 cheque, said he rejected the offer to build up his own startup, Slatecube– a website aimed at helping other young Nigerians find jobs.

"When I told him, Gates was intrigued and he smiled. After the programme, all the directors were like, ‘Dude, you mean you actually turned down a job at Microsoft and had the guts to tell Bill Gates?’

Kwekowe founded Slatecube with his brother Emerald, 20, in October 2014. The pair funded their efforts by freelancing as web designers and running a software solutions firm.He said Slatecube seeks to solve that problem by nurturing the graduates through digital internships and so far, Slatecube has an 80% employment rate for its users. Companies that have used the platform, have saved over $100,000 in 2015 by hiring skilled, ready to work employees.

In a Facebook post published last August, Chris narrated in details of his meeting with Bill Gates:
"Oh yeah, I did meet with Bill Gates in Durban, South Africa where we had some candid discussion about everything - from his involvement with charitable causes in the continent, to how he makes time to be a great father for his kids. My favourite moments were watching his reaction after I told him I turned down job offers from Microsoft and the likes to pursue something more defining for me, and how Africa's development depends more on sustainable investments in innovative social startups like Slatecube that solve some of the continent's biggest problems, rather than donating entirely to charity organisations who end up requiring more financial injection to deal with the minutest of issues. Anyways, we'd be working with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to make our value proposition at Slatecube a pan-African privilege. Soon, you'd rather be in demand across the globe, and engage in companies and projects that make you better, and suits your career goals. Nothing can really be better"

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/12/23-year-old-nigerian-entrepreneur.html

this are kind of people and kind of post we need in Nigeria!! Bro carry on, you did right!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by victorazy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
CXLVII:
Benin Flying Eagles re really of this dudes case!

How could you have turned down such an offer that would have an immense benefit to you dream and experience.

Aye ma nika o

Dreams r not same bro! Who did Bill work for before his?
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by misteryman: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
That boy will succeed.Watch out
cool
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by ufuosman(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
I luv ur courage, wish you all d best bro.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by LesbianBoy(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
Una dey whine am now!

*he has guts*

*when you know your worth*

Hope his yeye business will be as big as dangote's business not to talk of bill gates own in the future! Rubbish! angry

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by IamISRAEL(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nice one bro, go and show the world that we Nigerians rule.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
megrimor:
This boy's village people are very very strong

I couldn't help laughing at this grin
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by victorazy(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
ritababe:

no, a man from Spain, check Google
Ok. Me no dey curent sha. Tnx for the enlightenment.
Anyway, I pray u beat the man one day.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by LorDBolton(m): 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
We need more of them... success mr kwekowe, success!
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by ritababe(f): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
victorazy:
Ok. Me no dey curent sha. Tnx for the enlightenment. Anyway, I pray u beat the man one day.
Amen
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Wizdude(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
CXLVII:

grin grin grin

Dude would have been selling Electronics in Alaba International if not for Afonja University

Toosure70:

He's a graduate of Unizik not LASU as claimed by the OP. He studied computer science.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by seguno2: 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
edlion57:
nigeria get brains ooo but the problem is dat na only the brainless ones der rule us

Why do the ones with brains allow the brainless ones to rule?
Maybe they really don't have brains and are only pretending.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng / Saad Abdulganiy Built A House In Ilorin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.