Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? (10284 Views)

Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion / Arguments Against Intelligent Design / Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by randomperson: 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
chrmn1:
If the thought that the young lads did what they did in knowledge and rebellion, they have themselves to blame. No one sees fire and walks into it but if anyone chooses to do this it's only fair that they bear the consequences.
Keep, giving excuses for your God's wickedness, u hear... If it was in Quran this happened now, u would condemn it as why Allah is wicked... But since na your God do am... Don't worry, next time some kids are disrespectful to you just carry cutlass and machete them to death... They would have deserved it
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
dalaman:

You dont understand them better than anybody. You just simply choose to twist them to conform to your beliefs.

Matt 10: 21-23.
21. Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death, 22 and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes

He clearly told his desciples that they will suffer persecution but they should keep running from one town to another, before they finish going through the towns of Israel he will return. That was 2000 years ago.

You are a sinner and a child of satan, i am a believer and a child of God. You cannot claim to understand my people as i do. Jesus clearly said that He did not know when He was coming back, why do you deliberately choose to ignore that?

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Mar 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

The context of the above two passages is so clear and unmistakable. Jesus is talking about His second coming and referring to the time of His second coming as a time that even Him does not know. How then can He claim in another place that He would come before a particular time. That would either be a clear contradiction or a misunderstanding. Of course, you do no want it to be a misunderstanding on your part. You just simply choose to twist them to conform to your beliefs.

Firstly, When you look at the direct(redletter) words of Jesus, some parts are clear and straightforward enough."Go and call your husband", "Go into all the world and preach". Some parts are not so clear, even to disciples and believers, Some are not clear to unbelievers like Him speaking in parables. That is one reason why you should ask us what Jesus means instead of JUMPING to conclusions and staying lame despite making a bad landing.
Secondly, the words of Jesus are eternal words. Many of His sayings are not just directed or spoken to the direct audience but to the entire body of Believers yesterday, today and forever. He has that peculiarity of His words not passing away. So if you in your small, limited view decide to be stubbornly myopic with the words of Jesus, it is your loss and malunderstanding, not mine.
In Matthew 10, Jesus calls 12 disciples and says about 37verses, some of which directly apply to them and their immediate task, and MOST of which applies to ALL BELIEVERS not just the 12.
Like when He says Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: This is for their IMMEDIATE task and not even applicable to them in a few years after in Acts 1.

In Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. This surpasses just the immediate listeners and time. It is for all time, it applies till tomorrow. So if you miss the context and Spirit, you miss not me.

In Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. Evidently, this does not happen to them immediately, it does not even happen to many of them but it is for the whole body of disciples till tomorrow.

Mat 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
Mat 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

These verses above clearly surpass the immediate task and audience. Brother delivering up brother, children rising against parent, being hated of ALL men, enduring to THE END, these are messages for the church and body of Christ as a whole. It is not a myopic and local address. Historically and factually, the 12 disciples did not even have to flee around the cities of Israel. They conveniently settled in Jerusalem and continued to expand. It was OTHER believers that fled and were scattered abroad. Till next month, they are yet to flee around the cities of Israel, so the Son of man coming is still within frame. Stop ignoring the clear teachings of jesus that nobody knows when He will come, it makes you an hypocrite.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
foladara777:

Christians are the most dishonest people of all time... The verse says "until you have seen the son of man COME as KING" plss explain how he came as long during the transfiguration. Other verses that contain this prophecy are here:
“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)
And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)
Oya, interpret these verses as transfiguration too, I dare you!!

Don't be mad, i understand that the truth is bitter. Coming in His kingdom simply means coming in His royalty or realm. That was what Jesus was transfigured into before the eyes of three(some) of His disciples on the mount and Peter gave witness to it.
2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eye[b]witnesses of his majesty. [/b]
2Pe 1:17 For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

As to the other verses that you brought up, they say nothing about Jesus coming in the lifetime of the 12 disciples. They clearly say that Jesus will come in the generation of the people that would witness those signs spoken of. Those signs are yet to be witnessed, or have they? The generation of people that would witness those things talked about will not pass away before the second coming. Like i expect you to get furious and gnash your teeth in rage, envy and jealousy. they did it to Jesus and the servant is not greater than his Master. It is not my fault that you are blind and dead, neither can you hear the words of my Master.

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 11:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
foladara777:

You are missing the whole point and an wondering if it's deliberate... Did God create the earth? Yes, at least to you. Is the earth perfect? No. Did God have the power to create a perfect earth?? If yes, then God is not good, if No, then God is not omnipotent

Lol, how won't i miss the whole point with you. Once i say there is no God, i get the whole point, right? Silly. Your friends said that natural phenoma is evil and they got all superstitious about it, i showed it so, now you tell me that i miss the point. Why do you stay in a fire and then claim fire is evil? Your friends claimed that tsunamis and hurricanes are evil, i simply gave them the scientific perspective, that's how geographers, meterologists, geologists view them on Discovery Channel. They are exciting, really embarassed embarassed embarassed
The earth is not perfect, but used to be. Stop acting like someone who lost his memory of the Genesis account.

2 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by randomperson: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Image123:

Lol, how won't i miss the whole point with you. Once i say there is no God, i get the whole point, right? Silly. Your friends said that natural phenoma is evil and they got all superstitious about it, i showed it so, now you tell me that i miss the point. Why do you stay in a fire and then claim fire is evil? Your friends claimed that tsunamis and hurricanes are evil, i simply gave them the scientific perspective, that's how geographers, meterologists, geologists view them on Discovery Channel. They are exciting, really embarassed embarassed embarassed
The earth is not perfect, but used to be. Stop acting like someone who lost his memory of the Genesis account.
Wow!! A lot of crap but one question, two actually.
- what is the biblical reference that the earth used to be perfect?
- and tsunamis and hurricanes are evil. But necessary. Tell me, who made them necessary?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by hahn(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
Image123:

Hahn ohhhhh, i answered you and you disappeared, refusing to answer moi.

Bro, you are as apathetic as your god.

Good night
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by randomperson: 12:03am On Dec 10, 2016
Image123:

Don't be mad, i understand that the truth is bitter. Coming in His kingdom simply means coming in His royalty or realm. That was what Jesus was transfigured into before the eyes of three(some) of His disciples on the mount and Peter gave witness to it.
2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eye[b]witnesses of his majesty. [/b]
2Pe 1:17 For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

As to the other verses that you brought up, they say nothing about Jesus coming in the lifetime of the 12 disciples. They clearly say that Jesus will come in the generation of the people that would witness those signs spoken of. Those signs are yet to be witnessed, or have they? The generation of people that would witness those things talked about will not pass away before the second coming. Like i expect you to get furious and gnash your teeth in rage, envy and jealousy. they did it to Jesus and the servant is not greater than his Master. It is not my fault that you are blind and dead, neither can you hear the words of my Master.

Don't be mad?? Are u running scared?? Calm down, okay?
So the Matthew reference was talking about transfiguration?? In my bible, the good news version. The heading of that part reads: "Jesus speaks about his suffering and death."
Now the preceding verses to verse 28 i.e. verse 27 says
27 For the Son of Man is about to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will reward each one according to his deeds.
So did Jesus come with angels on the mount of transfiguration?? Or did he reward each according to his deeds?? Why are u lying like this... Or verse 27 is also talking of transfiguration??.
As regards the other verses I quoted, they are not talking about this generation.
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)
It says THIS generation! How can it refer to our generation 2,000 years ago by using the word THIS. Abi Jesus no sabi English again? Or whatever language he was speaking

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 10, 2016
hahn:

Good night

You are obviously as deceptive as every other atheist! Besides how would you know God is pathetic since he does not exist in your world? Or is spending time and energy trying to disprove him now suddenly making Him real to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by dalaman: 2:22am On Dec 10, 2016
Image123:

You are a sinner and a child of satan, i am a believer and a child of God. You cannot claim to understand my people as i do. Jesus clearly said that He did not know when He was coming back, why do you deliberately choose to ignore that?

You are a liar and a person that spin and churn out lies just because you choose to believe and accept ancient mythology and fiction. Jesus said he did not know the day or hour of his return and not the period. He was specific about day and hour. He never mentioned the period. It's a lie to claim he did not know the period since he has stated to different people that he'll return during their lifetime. He was clear about not knowing ONLY the time and hour. Remember he also told the chief priest that he'll see him coming from the clouds with power and glory on his return when he asked him if he was the son of God.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Just as the days of Noah it says. Noah knew the flood was going to happen during his generation and the life time of the people he was talking to. What he didn't know was the specific time and hour the rains will begin. Same as Jesus, Jesus told the people he'll return during their lifetime but the specific time and hour he says he does not know. So he told them to be ready at all times.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Mar 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

Jesus was more interested in the hour and day, so he told his desciples to take heed and be ready at all times. He was specific about hour, morning, evening or midnight. He never mentioned period only specific hour and day. So you fail with your spin. Only day and hour he said he doesn't know. He talked about returning during the generation of the peoplehe was talking to. He specified by saying THIS generation will not pass away without this things happening.

The context of the above two passages is so clear and unmistakable. Jesus is talking about His second coming and referring to the time of His second coming as a time that even Him does not know. How then can He claim in another place that He would come before a particular time. That would either be a clear contradiction or a misunderstanding. Of course, you do no want it to be a misunderstanding on your part. You just simply choose to twist them to conform to your beliefs.

Sure Jesus was talking about his second coming but he wasn't talking about the period. He was specific about not knowing the hour or day and not the period in which he'll return. He stated it about 3 different times to different people that he'll return during their lifetime. His prophecy failed and is a major concern to you that is why you are all over the place spinning his words and telling lies. The bible is filled with endless contradictions that is why there are uncountable number of Christian sect mostly disagreeing with each other on doctrinal matters and other faiths related issues. This is one clear case of failed prophecy on Jesus's part.

Firstly, When you look at the direct(redletter) words of Jesus, some parts are clear and straightforward enough."Go and call your husband", "Go into all the world and preach". Some parts are not so clear, even to disciples and believers, Some are not clear to unbelievers like Him speaking in parables. That is one reason why you should ask us what Jesus means instead of JUMPING to conclusions and staying lame despite making a bad landing.
Secondly, the words of Jesus are eternal words. Many of His sayings are not just directed or spoken to the direct audience but to the entire body of Believers yesterday, today and forever. He has that peculiarity of His words not passing away. So if you in your small, limited view decide to be stubbornly myopic with the words of Jesus, it is your loss and malunderstanding, not mine.
In Matthew 10, Jesus calls 12 disciples and says about 37verses, some of which directly apply to them and their immediate task, and MOST of which applies to ALL BELIEVERS not just the 12.
Like when He says Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: This is for their IMMEDIATE task and not even applicable to them in a few years after in Acts 1.

In Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. This surpasses just the immediate listeners and time. It is for all time, it applies till tomorrow. So if you miss the context and Spirit, you miss not me.

In Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. Evidently, this does not happen to them immediately, it does not even happen to many of them but it is for the whole body of disciples till tomorrow.

Mat 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
Mat 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

These verses above clearly surpass the immediate task and audience. Brother delivering up brother, children rising against parent, being hated of ALL men, enduring to THE END, these are messages for the church and body of Christ as a whole. It is not a myopic and local address. Historically and factually, the 12 disciples did not even have to flee around the cities of Israel. They conveniently settled in Jerusalem and continued to expand. It was OTHER believers that fled and were scattered abroad. Till next month, they are yet to flee around the cities of Israel, so the Son of man coming is still within frame. Stop ignoring the clear teachings of jesus that nobody knows when He will come, it makes you an hypocrite.

Saying that it surpasses the immediate listener is your own making and spin. Other christians have interpreted this verse very differently from you here on nairaland. You are just giving it your own twist and opinion just the way they have giving theirs and alll your opinions and spin differ. I cam give you links to their own different spin and opinions. We've debated this verse before with other christians. You guys just spin it differently. If the message is for the end church which cities in Israel is Jesus telling them to run to? Don't come up with your spiritual Israel spin because it is a lie and will be your own making . Jesus was specific in his message according to the story. He told them to run round the cities of Israel specifically and before they finish runninghe'll return. If the message is for the future church as you are claiming why did he mention cities of Israel?

Even from the bible you'll read that they disciples suffered persecution even in Israel. After Jesus was arrested his disciples had to run. Peter had to deny him three times because he his followers were to be arrested and face persecution. Paul was going after them within Israel and it's environment. According to writings in the new testament, Paul was dedicated to the persecution of the early disciples of Jesus in the area of Jerusalem before he encountered Jesus on his way to Damascus. It is a lie that christians expanded from Jerusalem. Majority of the people living in Jerusalem are Jews as majority of the Jews never became christians . Very few christians have lived and are living there. Christians started expanding from gentile lands. Disciples were first called christians not in Israel but in the gentile land of Antioch which was a Greko Roman land in present day Turkey. So again you are just mixing facts up. Stop spinning the messages of Jesus with regards to coming during the lifetime of the people he spoke to. He was specific, doing so only makes you a desperate liar.

3 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 8:17am On Dec 10, 2016
randomperson:

- and tsunamis and hurricanes are evil. But necessary. Tell me, who made them necessary?

Are you foladara777?
Do you smoke weed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2016
hahn:

Good night
Lol, so I am godly fa. Hahn, you are running away oh, that's not nice na.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by randomperson: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2016
dalaman:

You are a liar and a person that spin and churn out lies just because you choose to believe and accept ancient mythology and fiction. Jesus said he did not know the day or hour of his return and not the period. He was specific about day and hour. He never mentioned the period. It's a lie to claim he did not know the period since he has stated to different people that he'll return during their lifetime. He was clear about not knowing ONLY the time and hour. Remember he also told the chief priest that he'll see him coming from the clouds with power and glory on his return when he asked him if he was the son of God.

Just as the days of Noah it says. Noah knew the flood was going to happen during his generation and the life time of the people he was talking to. What he didn't know was the specific time and hour the rains will begin. Same as Jesus, Jesus told the people he'll return during their lifetime but the specific time and hour he says he does not know. So he told them to be ready at all times.

Jesus was more interested in the hour and day, so he told his desciples to take heed and be ready at all times. He was specific about hour, morning, evening or midnight. He never mentioned period only specific hour and day. So you fail with your spin. Only day and hour he said he doesn't know. He talked about returning during the generation of the peoplehe was talking to. He specified by saying THIS generation will not pass away without this things happening.

Sure Jesus was talking about his second coming but he wasn't talking about the period. He was specific about not knowing the hour or day and not the period in which he'll return. He stated it about 3 different times to different people that he'll return during their lifetime. His prophecy failed and is a major concern to you that is why you are all over the place spinning his words and telling lies. The bible is filled with endless contradictions that is why there are uncountable number of Christian sect mostly disagreeing with each other on doctrinal matters and other faiths related issues. This is one clear case of failed prophecy on Jesus's part.

Saying that it surpasses the immediate listener is your own making and spin. Other christians have interpreted this verse very differently from you here on nairaland. You are just giving it your own twist and opinion just the way they have giving theirs and alll your opinions and spin differ. I cam give you links to their own different spin and opinions. We've debated this verse before with other christians. You guys just spin it differently. If the message is for the end church which cities in Israel is Jesus telling them to run to? Don't come up with your spiritual Israel spin because it is a lie and will be your own making . Jesus was specific in his message according to the story. He told them to run round the cities of Israel specifically and before they finish runninghe'll return. If the message is for the future church as you are claiming why did he mention cities of Israel?

Even from the bible you'll read that they disciples suffered persecution even in Israel. After Jesus was arrested his disciples had to run. Peter had to deny him three times because he his followers were to be arrested and face persecution. Paul was going after them within Israel and it's environment. According to writings in the new testament, Paul was dedicated to the persecution of the early disciples of Jesus in the area of Jerusalem before he encountered Jesus on his way to Damascus. It is a lie that christians expanded from Jerusalem. Majority of the people living in Jerusalem are Jews as majority of the Jews never became christians . Very few christians have lived and are living there. Christians started expanding from gentile lands. Disciples were first called christians not in Israel but in the gentile land of Antioch which was a Greko Roman land in present day Turkey. So again you are just mixing facts up. Stop spinning the messages of Jesus with regards to coming during the lifetime of the people he spoke to. He was specific, doing so only makes you a desperate liar.

Now, this is what I call brutality... Good job

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by randomperson: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2016
Image123:

Are you foladara777?
Do you smoke weed?
Yes I am. No I do not. Can u answer those two questions now?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2016
randomperson:
Yes I am. No I do not. Can u answer those two questions now?
i would later when i have access and time to a computer.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2016
thought provoking
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

Woah, so i finally got the time kinda.
To your naive question, the whole of the creation account in Genesis 1 and 2 tell us that everything was good. That is like primary 2 class bible knowledge. i do not know where your second question is coming from, you seem to be addressing the wrong person or simply being fallacious as is the norm with atheists.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

Don't be mad?? Are u running scared?? Calm down, okay?
So the Matthew reference was talking about transfiguration?? In my bible, the good news version. The heading of that part reads: "Jesus speaks about his suffering and death."

Just so we are clear, i'm discussing the Bible, not headings and leggings of whatever versions.

Now the preceding verses to verse 28 i.e. verse 27 says
27 For the Son of Man is about to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will reward each one according to his deeds.
So did Jesus come with angels on the mount of transfiguration?? Or did he reward each according to his deeds?? Why are u lying like this... Or verse 27 is also talking of transfiguration??.

Yes, Jesus would come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and THEN he will reward each one according to his deeds. That time is yet to come. Verse 28 is a different reference by Jesus and it says SOME will see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. The word kingdom there is more accurately splendour, royalty or glory. Peter attested to seeing it. What more can any ask for except for scoffers?
2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eye[b]witnesses of his majesty.[/b]

As regards the other verses I quoted, they are not talking about this generation.
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)
It says THIS generation! How can it refer to our generation 2,000 years ago by using the word THIS. Abi Jesus no sabi English again? Or whatever language he was speaking
i never referred to OUR generation. That is how you fail comprehension and fail to see what Jesus accurately said. i clearly stated "the generation of the people that would witness those signs spoken of", "The generation of people that would witness those things talked about will not pass away before the second coming." i did not say that it is YOUR or OUR generation. And clearly, it is not Peter's generation as they did not see those signs come to pass.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by randomperson: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
Image123:

Just so we are clear, i'm discussing the Bible, not headings and leggings of whatever versions.

Yes, Jesus would come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and THEN he will reward each one according to his deeds. That time is yet to come. Verse 28 is a different reference by Jesus and it says SOME will see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. The word kingdom there is more accurately splendour, royalty or glory. Peter attested to seeing it. What more can any ask for except for scoffers?
2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eye[b]witnesses of his majesty.[/b]

i never referred to OUR generation. That is how you fail comprehension and fail to see what Jesus accurately said. i clearly stated "the generation of the people that would witness those signs spoken of", "The generation of people that would witness those things talked about will not pass away before the second coming." i did not say that it is YOUR or OUR generation. And clearly, it is not Peter's generation as they did not see those signs come to pass.
So it took you days to come up with this crap?? ... I don't have the time to address every point... But when Jesus said this generation, he wasn't talking about Peter's generation? So what generation then?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Like i have earlier stated, you do not know Jesus or understand Him. It's like me trying to explain what your father told you to you, it's ridiculous. The disciples did not take it the way you do, neither do many millions of believers, so you should be some sort of genius to figure it out, or like you know really, you're deluded to assume that Jesus failed. You don't even know Jesus, so shut up already as it were. Day, hour, second, week are all periods or season or time. A day for instance is a period of 24 hours. Coming here to spin english for us just shows how desperate you are to be right. Even after the resurrection, the disciples were still asking Him about when those things will be, He did not presuppose like you, He told them plainly that He did not know and it wasn't really their business or priority. All these really go to cement the fact that He never told them He was coming back in their lifetime.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

On the HIGH priest, not chief priest, of course he will see Jesus, pretty much everybody will see Jesus, including you. That is a statement of fact. It's in the hereafter, not necessarily in your lifetime or his.Plus i've mentioned on the uniqueness of the words of Jesus which you clearly did not get so lemme not waste further time on that at this time.

Being clever by half is dishonesty and hypocrisy, that's what you played on the gullible ones there. The text reads as below.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
The days of Noah referred to did not refer to the time or day or period but clearly to the attitude and lack of preparedness.

Repetition. This is treated above. The THIS generation has been explained to your colleague. He referred to the generation that will see the signs He talked about. When you see those signs, lemme know.

If you knew Jesus, you would not say the nonsense above. That's all that needs to be said.

It clearly surpasses the immediate listener as most of them never faced the situations presented before them, the words of the Lord Jesus are eternal, spirit and life. You couldn't understand that to save your life so i do not need to waste lines on it. i did not say anything about any end church(whatever that means). i said the church and body of Christ as a whole. There are believers in Israel, and they are yet to go over the cities of Israel as we speak. You may feel free to prove otherwise. Either the devourer has been busy eating up your comprehension or you are blinded by God knows what. For instance here is what i said of the 12 disciples in purple.
"They conveniently settled in Jerusalem and continued to expand. It was OTHER believers that fled and were scattered abroad."

Here is what you somehow think i said in green below.
"christians expanded from Jerusalem. Majority of the people living in Jerusalem are Jews as majority of the Jews became christians . Many christians have lived and are living there. Christians did not start expanding from gentile lands."

So who is mixing facts up, i was paraphrasing the below verse.
Act 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles.
The apostles i.e the 12 disciples did not flee Jerusalem, not to mention run round the cities of Israel. They settled there and the church continued to grow despite the persecution. It was OTHER believers that fled and were scattered abroad. You already read me say these things, it is a miracle how you understood otherwise. When you are fumbling with my words, how would you cope with the words of the Word Himself. Like they say, go and sit down. i've shown you and your cohorts what hurricanes and tsunamis are, you scurried to seeming Bible contradictions. God knows where next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Image123(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
randomperson:

So it took you days to come up with this crap?? ... I don't have the time to address every point... But when Jesus said this generation, he wasn't talking about Peter's generation? So what generation then?

Are you blind? Evidently so.
i said i would reply you when i had ACCESS and TIME. And i said twice already now that "the generation of the people that would witness those signs spoken of", "The generation of people that would witness those things talked about will not pass away before the second coming."
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
Bump the nightmare

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: / Who And Where Is ESAU/EDOM Today? / Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.