Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? (10282 Views)

Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion / Arguments Against Intelligent Design / Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
Just in!

Everyday we get hit by a barrage of people who declare that the world has absolutely no intelligent design attributable to it which means the earth was not created and neither was the universe but it just happened by chance. grin grin

Well daily scientific discoveries are proving them wrong and showing that purposeful complexity cannot be a product of Chance. Well as a Geography and regional planning graduate this article struck me as awesome.

Please to the open minded i would like you to read the Below article regarding this latest discovery about the earth and note the highlighted parts then form your opinion or conclusion.

[b]A trove of water may be hiding more than 250 miles (400 kilometers) beneath your feet.

That's where the Earth's mantle meets the crust. Geoscientists had long thought that below this transition zone (starting at 255 miles, or 410 km, deep) a water-filled mineral called brucite was unstable and so decomposed, sending water molecules flowing toward the planet's surface.

But new research suggests that before brucite — which is 50 percent magnesium oxide and 50 percent water — decomposes, it transforms into another, more stable 3D structure. The finding, detailed online Nov. 21 in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, means there's a stash of water located deeper in Earth than was previously thought.

"[This finding] was not entirely expected," said study co-author Andreas Hermann, a lecturer in computational physics at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. "[That's] because people have studied this material for decades and nobody ever thought of looking whether there would be another phase before it eventually fell apart."

Probing deep Earth

Scientists previously believed that brucite remained stable only as far as the transition zone, a 155-mile-deep (250 km) layer just below the upper mantle. In part, the mineral's structure informed this view. Brucite is a layered material in which the molecules in each layer are strongly bound to each other but weakly connected to other layers. A material like this, if squeezed with enough pressure, must undergo some kind of change. Researchers previously assumed that in response to transition zone pressure, which reaches about 200,000 atmospheres, brucite would crumble. (One atmosphere is approximately is the pressure at sea level).

Unable to probe the deep Earth directly, Hermann and his co-author, Mainak Mookherjee, a professor of geology at Florida State University, used quantum-mechanical calculations, analyzing various possible structures for brucite in deep-Earth conditions.

"This is big-data computing," said Hermann. "We create thousands of structures, optimize them all and do calculations accurate enough that if something stands out as more stable than something else, we can reliably say that it is so."

Brucite is a well-studied and relatively simple mineral. Even so, Hermann said that the key to the new calculations was ignoring existing assumptions about brucite. After several months of running various structures through their computer program, the researchers found a previously unknown phase of brucite that would be able to withstand the high pressures found in the lower mantle.

Even with this new phase of brucite, scientists are still unable to directly measure the amount of the substance in the mantle or how much water the mineral holds. However, Hermann and Mookherjee did work out the elastic properties of the new phase of brucite. Knowing this, said Hermann, seismologists may be able to detect how much brucite is in the mantle because the signatures of earthquakes differ based on the elasticity of the rock through which they travel.

Why brucite matters

Current estimates suggest that the deep Earth may hold as much water as all the oceans on the planet's surface combined. This reservoir of water, and the additional trove brucite may also hold, are vitally important to the movement of materials through the Earth. As water-containing minerals travel down through the Earth's layers, the materials eventually decompose, releasing the water that makes its way back to the surface, often through volcanic activity.

Water is essential to the recycling of minerals through volcanism and plate tectonics, because it provides the lubrication needed for the various rock materials to move past each other, as occurs in subduction zones. It also helps some materials dissolve as the move through the rock cycle. Without water, said Hermann, the planet would come to a geologic standstill. This means no new crust or soil, and a halt in volcanism; these changes could have catastrophic effects on the planet's land and atmosphere.

Aside from potentially changing scientists' understanding of water reservoirs far below the Earth's surface, Hermann said this research champions a new way of thinking about the deep Earth in general
. The researchers would not have found this new phase if they had favored the accepted version, he said.[/b]

Now that you have read the article and noted the particular highlighted portions please note that the article talks about a massive oceanic pool of water inside the earth which is as good as being the size of all the oceans on the earth put together.

Now compare this with what happened in the days of Noah and the very words contained in the Bible in Genesis 7: 11

When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the underground waters erupted from the earth, and the rain fell in mighty torrents from the sky.

How did the men of old who were inspired to write the scriptures know about this massive underground ocean which scientists are discovering today?

Ponder on it and let me know your conclusion.

For a more detailed reading of this article you can visit

http://www.livescience.com/46292-hidden-ocean-locked-in-earth-mantle.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
Winner01 , Richirich713, naijadeyhia scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44 , DeepSight

Johnydon22 ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Rockyrascal(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mhen this thing long o
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Tallesty1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Interesting
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by jonbellion(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Not again.....
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by ifenes(m): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
You probably made a mistake mentioning my name here. You know what I will say already, that science is imature and religion is misunderstood. This is simple but complex for the mis/undereducated

You are constantly creating problems for yourself trying to know these stuff and yet having a closed mind.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
jonbellion:
Not again.....

Which one is Not again? Did you read the article?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by EyeHateGod: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
There is a Difference between intelligent Design and Magic so pick one...
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

as always you did not read the article.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
Well... Am not going to argue against the idea that the earth is intelligently designed because I feel it is but that's no proof of a God, definitely not the God presented by the religions as almighty... The earth is amazing but it's not perfect, there are natural disasters that claim millions of lives. If God was all powerful and benevolent, then the earth will be perfect... The earth ain't perfect, ergo God couldn't have made the earth
And about where the water came from during Noah's time... Well if it came from the bottom of the earth, where did it go to after the flood

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
ifenes:
You probably made a mistake mentioning my name here. You know what I will say already, that science is imature and religion is misunderstood. This is simple but complex for the mis/undereducated

Yes and you are all knowledgeable and perfect...Yes i know what your comment would be already. Thanks for stopping by my friend Ifenes
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Stimulating write-up.

Let me await comments of our well-meaning scientists. Maybe they can disprove this.

I'm rooting for intelligent design but definitely it couldn't have been done by Jehovah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:
Well... Am not going to argue against the idea that the earth is intelligently designed because I feel it is but that's no proof of a God, definitely not the God presented by the religions as almighty... The earth is amazing but it's not perfect, there are natural disasters that claim millions of lives. If God was all powerful and benevolent, then the earth will be perfect... The earth ain't perfect, ergo God couldn't have made the earth
And about where the water came from during Noah's time... Well if it came from the bottom of the earth, where did it go to after the flood

This article is not about perfection as even an intelligent designer can deliberately create imperfection (as you call it) for a PERFECT purpose.

If water came from the bottom of the earth in the first place of course it must return to where it came from or is it meant to float up somewhere when it originally came from the deep?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

Revelations 21 : 3 - 6

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by ifenes(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

Yes and you are all knowledgeable and perfect...Yes i know what your comment would be already. Thanks for stopping by my friend Ifenes

So elude me next time yeah. Fix your mind and you will see that there is nothing outside of you. You will know that the Musician and his Song are one, the Painter and his paintings are one. A polluted mind can only reflect his mind. Let me say it in your language using god. A god and his world/ creation(s) are one. A perfect god creats a perfect world and imperfect god creates an imperfect world. Substitute god with mind, you will meet the holy grail. All the best!

6 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:
Well... Am not going to argue against the idea that the earth is intelligently designed because I feel it is but that's no proof of a God, definitely not the God presented by the religions as almighty.. The earth is amazing but it's not perfect, there are natural disasters that claim millions of lives. If God was all powerful and benevolent, then the earth will be perfect... The earth ain't perfect, ergo God couldn't have made the earth
God probably drank all the water.

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
ifenes:

So elude me next time yeah. Fix your mind and you will see that there is nothing outside of you. You will know that the Musician and this Song are one, the Painter and his paintings are one. A polluted mind can only reflect his mind. Let me say it in your language using god. A god and his world/ creation(s) are one. A perfect god creats a perfect world and imperfect god creates a an imperfect world. Substitute god with mind, you will meet the holy grail. All the best!

The human mind is finite , how can it be God
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by ifenes(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The human mind is finite , how can it be God

The human mind is infinite sorry. It is the subconscious that has no beginning and has no definition. It is what make the Human a being, Being is in present continuous tense. It is what you Christians or religious folks call god.

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
ifenes:

So elude me next time yeah. Fix your mind and you will see that there is nothing outside of you. You will know that the Musician and his Song are one, the Painter and his paintings are one. A polluted mind can only reflect his mind. Let me say it in your language using god. A god and his world/ creation(s) are one. A perfect god creats a perfect world and imperfect god creates an imperfect world. Substitute god with mind, you will meet the holy grail. All the best!

such blissful delusion grin grin
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
ifenes:

The human mind is infinite sorry. It is the subconscious that has no beginning and has no definition. It is what make the Human a being, Being is in present continuous tense. It is what you Christians or religious folks call god.

That is not what we call God . Who calls the subconscious God
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by ifenes(m): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That is not what we call God . Who calls the subconscious God

Your master Jesus said " Man know thyself". Please explain what he meant! Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

This article is not about perfection as even an intelligent designer can deliberately create imperfection (as you call it) for a PERFECT purpose.

If water came from the bottom of the earth in the first place of course it must return to where it came from or is it meant to float up somewhere when it originally came from the deep?
Yh... A perfect purpose... Plsss what perfect purpose could be served by the death of millions of people- including children in earthquakes?? And assuming without conceding that there is a perfect purpose, why can't almighty actualise that purpose without anyone suffering?? Is he so limited by hindrances that some people need to suffer for his purpose to be served.. That does not show omnipotence... If he's God, both the purpose and the process in achieving that purpose should be perfect
And about the earth soaking water, the earth does not generally absorb the water on it and definitely not in large quantities and see this part of your post:
Even with this new phase of brucite, scientists are still unable to directly measure the amount of the substance in the mantle or how much water the mineral holds.
So how come u are already drawing conclusions about the flood before the scientists have confirmed the quantity of water
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by promisechuks: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
jonbellion:
Not again.....
if you don't have better things to say, then STORM OUT.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by promisechuks: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

please, did you read the op?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by ifenes(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

such blissful delusion grin grin

But you will believe it if Jesus had said it tho. That is your problem

3 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=foladara777 post=51691766]
Yh... A perfect purpose... Plsss what perfect purpose could be served by the death of millions of people- including children in earthquakes?? And assuming without conceding that there is a perfect purpose, why can't almighty actualise that purpose without anyone suffering?? Is he so limited by hindrances that some people need to suffer for his purpose to be served.. That does not show omnipotence... If he's God, both the purpose and the process in achieving that purpose should be perfect
And about the earth soaking water, the earth does not generally absorb the water on it and definitely not in large quantities and see this part of your post:
Even with this new phase of brucite, scientists are still unable to directly measure the amount of the substance in the mantle or how much water the mineral holds.
So how come u are already drawing conclusions about the flood before the scientists have confirmed the quantity of water

Current estimates suggest that the deep Earth may hold as much water as all the oceans on the planet's surface combined (This is from the article...did you miss it?)

You already admitted to the earth and universe being intelligently designed and in this case, GOD! Now if you admitted to this fact what then are the attributes of this GOD?

Omniscient, All powerful, Able to do anything, anytime, anyhow to suit HIS PURPOSE and not yours.

If you agree to this then the only part i needed to respond to regarding your comment i have quoted and responded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
ifenes:

But you will believe it if Jesus had said it tho. That is your problem

Yep because the shoelaces of Jesus you are not worthy to lace up.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by promisechuks: 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

#delusion 1: intelligent design equals perfection.
who taught you this delusion. No insult intended please.

#delusion 2: all powerful, benevolent God equals perfection of earth creation.

please drop them, they don't work that way.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
ifenes:

Your master Jesus said " Man know thyself". Please explain what he meant! Thanks.

Where in the bible did Jesus say that ?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by promisechuks: 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
NinjaX:
Stimulating write-up.

Let me await comments of our well-meaning scientists. Maybe they can disprove this.

I'm rooting for intelligent design but definitely it couldn't have been done by Jehovah.

thank you!

though I don't go by all you said, but you made more sense than dishonest guys who claim EVERYTHING came from NOTHING.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by promisechuks: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

thank you for shedding more light on this.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by ifenes(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

Yep because the shoelaces of Jesus you are not worthy to lace up.

Can you see why you will never be smart. You think being smart is forbidden. Just as the people misunderstood your boy Jesus, you will always misunderstand me too. I heard he said what he did you can do better. But this slave mentality is a big issue.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who And Where Is ESAU/EDOM Today? / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: / Is Jesus God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.