Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? (2084 Views)

The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? by vision202020: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Got to know that federal government budgeted #500 per meal for each Corp member in orientation camp. The question that came to my mind immediately is are the meals served at orientation kitchens worth what FG budgeted? Then to justify my thinking, I tried to compare the quality and quantity of foods served at my orientation camp to the one sold at mammy market in the camp. Sincerely, it's very visible that we are being cheated in camp officials both in quality and quantity.
A plate of food in my orientation camp (Rivers State) costs #300. If you wish, you can order for an extra plate for an additional #100 making #400. By the time you finish eating this, you won't even be able to carry urself to parade ground or SAED lecture. The quality of the food is also superb because of the competition of food vendors.
On the final note, if possible, I would advice the FG to pay corps members the meal allowance daily so as to buy what they want and like. Not all these compulsory and poorly prepared food with low quality given to us in orientation kitchens.
Who else is thinking like me? What's the quality of food at ur orientation camp? Would you prefer to be paid the #500 per meal directly?

Share ur camp kitchen experience here

1 Like

Re: Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? by Sunnymatey(m): 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
My dear na the same question l dey ask o this one where every body dey die for camp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
FG doesn't budget N500 per meal. It's per day. Your meal is N500/3.
Lool you think FG budgets N1500 per day for una feeding? As what naa? Looool

2 Likes

Re: Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? by psucc(m): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
Op na free food o so take as you see.

The day dem go serve you local food, na that day you go check dictionary for the meaning of NYSC. Amala and kunu,.
Re: Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? by yomi007k(m): 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
agalamanyi:
FG doesn't budget N500 per meal. It's per day. Your meal is N500/3.
Lool you think FG budgets N1500 per day for una feeding? As what naa? Looool

No mind am.

Make he no go buy provisions.
Re: Is The Food Served At NYSC Camps Worth The #500 Per Meal FG Budgetted? by TheOtherRoom: 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
psucc:
Op na free food o so take as you see.

The day dem go serve you local food, na that day you go check dictionary for the meaning of NYSC. Amala and kunu,.

Hahhah Amala and Kunu

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State A'16 Stream 2 Lets Meet Here / Who's Been Posted To Kebbi State Oo / Disarray In Nysc Orientation Camp Wamakko,sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.