Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Playing For Nigeria Was Regrettable - Super Falcons' Ordega - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Playing For Nigeria Was Regrettable - Super Falcons' Ordega (488 Views)

Francisca Ordega Buys A Car For Her Father As Christmas Gift / I Slapped My Ex-boyfriend For Looking At Another Lady – Super Falcons' Ordega / Francisca Ordega: I Fell In Love With Diego Costa The 1st Time We Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Playing For Nigeria Was Regrettable - Super Falcons' Ordega by Uchesdiaries: 8:19am On Dec 07, 2016
United States-based forward Francisca Ordega has regretted playing for the Super Falcons, saying she would have opted for another country because of a lack of support for women’s football in Nigeria.

According to AfricanFootball.com, Ordega, who won her third African Women's Cup of Nations title in Cameroon on Saturday, said the neglect of women’s football by the country was regrettable.

"If I had not played for Nigeria, trust me I would have played somewhere else," the Washington Spirit player said.

The U17 and U20 teams have been blamed for the performances at their recent World Cups, but they were poorly prepared for these competitions.

If this continues, Nigeria will soon cease to be a force in Africa because there will be no future Super Falcons."

The Falcons are currently in Abuja waiting to be paid by the Nigeria Football Federation.

http://www.uchesdiaries.com/2016/12/playing-for-nigeria-was-regrettable.html

Re: Playing For Nigeria Was Regrettable - Super Falcons' Ordega by Baawaa(m): 8:24am On Dec 07, 2016
NFF should paid these ladies their money
Re: Playing For Nigeria Was Regrettable - Super Falcons' Ordega by feodan: 9:01am On Dec 07, 2016
learn 4rm ur juniors nah u17 and u20

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Players That Survived The Plane Crash Return Home / BREAKING: Flying Eagles Defender Shot Dead By Cultist In Benin City / Fifa Confirmed That The World Cup Will Be Expanded From 32 To 48 Teams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.