Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,950 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

CISA June 2007 Study Group - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CISA June 2007 Study Group (4919 Views)

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) / Cisa June 2008 Study Group. / Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CISA June 2007 Study Group by wholex(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2007
i intends writting CISA june2007 exams and appreciate if we can create study group for this purpose cos of the sinergetic efect derivable from it. anyone interested can respond to this thread or mail me as luvwale03@yahoo.com
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by paaj: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2007
please could u update me about cisa. I intend writing but dont know the best place to go for lectures. How much would it cost on the estimate? I mean both lecture fees and exam fees?And is here anywhr i can get study packs now or something so that i can start prepering on my own in caes i can not write this june diet. Thanks a lot will be expecting ur reply.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Lasun(m): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2007
Hello,
I am interested in writing the June diet exam.I work in Abuja and there is almost no study center available here.I was wondering if you have the latest review manual and if you will share with me
I thank you in anticipation
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by edmondo(m): 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2007
if u re in lagos u can try ajsilicon at mko garden for lecture,they can also help u to remmit ur exam fee.
piss out!
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by wills(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2007
CISA Certification Overview
The mark of excellence for a professional certification program is the value and recognition it bestows on the individual who achieves it. Since 1978, the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) program, sponsored by ISACA®, has been the globally accepted standard of achievement among information systems (IS) audit, control and security professionals.

The technical skills and practices that CISA promotes and evaluates are the building blocks of success in the field. Possessing the CISA designation demonstrates proficiency and is the basis for measurement in the profession. With a growing demand for professionals possessing IS audit, control and security skills, CISA has become a preferred certification program by individuals and organizations around the world. CISA certification signifies commitment to serving an organization and the IS audit, control and security industry with distinction. In addition, it presents a number of professional and personal benefits.

Worldwide Recognition
Although certification may not be mandatory for you at this time, a growing number of organizations are recommending that employees become certified. To help ensure success in the global marketplace, it is vital to select a certification program based on universally accepted technical practices. CISA delivers such a program. CISA is recognized worldwide, by all industries, as the preferred designation for IS audit, control and security professionals.

More than 50,000 professionals have earned the CISA since inception, so clearly many people agree: earning the CISA is a good career move

CISA Exam Information
The CISA exam is offered annually during the months of June and December.

June 2007 Exam Dates   
14 February – Early Registration Deadline
11 April – Final Registration Deadline
9 June - Exam

December 2007 Exam Dates   
15 August – Early Registration Date
26 September – Final Registration Date
8 December – Exam

Requirements for CISA Certification
The CISA designation is awarded to those individuals with an interest in Information Systems auditing, control, and security who have met and continue to meet the following requirements regarding:

Successful completion of the CISA examination
Information systems auditing, control or security experience
Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
Adherence to the continuing professional education program
Compliance with the Information Systems Auditing Standards

1. Successful Completion of the CISA Examination 

The examination is open to all individuals who have an interest in information systems audit, control and security. All are encouraged to work toward and take the examination. Successful examination candidates will be sent all documents required to apply for certification with their notification of a passing score. For a more detailed description of the exam see Exam Information. Also, CISA Exam Preparation resources are available through the association and many chapters host CISA Exam Review Courses (contact your local chapter).

The CISA examination is offered twice a year, in June and December. The Bulletin of Information (BOI) is published online when it becomes available for each exam. You may also request a BOI by completing the online Request for Information form or by emailing your complete mailing address to certification@isaca.org. You may register online or by completing the registration form within the BOI and faxing or mailing it to ISACA for processing. For registration dates and deadlines please see the Exam Information page.

2. Experience as an Information Systems Auditor 

A minimum of five years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience (as described in the job content areas) is required for certification. Substitutions and waivers of such experience may be obtained as follows:

A maximum of one year of information systems experience OR one year of financial or operational auditing experience can be substituted for one year of information systems auditing, control or security experience.
60 to 120 completed college semester credit hours (the equivalent of an Associate or Bachelor degree) can be substituted for one or two years, respectively, of information systems auditing, control or security experience.
A bachelor's or master's degree from a university that enforces the ISACA sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for one year of information systems auditing, control, assurance or security experience. To view a list of these schools, please visit www.isaca.org/modeluniversities. This option cannot be used if three years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
Two years as a full-time university instructor in a related field (e.g., computer science, accounting, information systems auditing) can be substituted for one year of information systems auditing, control or security experience.
Experience must have been gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within five years from the date of initially passing the examination. Retaking and passing the examination will be required if the application for certification is not submitted within five years from the passing date of the examination. All experience must be verified independently with employers.

3. The Code of Professional Ethics 

Members of ISACA and/or holders of the CISA designation agree to a Code of Professional Ethics to guide professional and personal conduct.

4. Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Policy 

The objectives of the continuing education program are to:

Maintain an individual's competency by requiring the update of existing knowledge and skills in the areas of information systems auditing, management, accounting and business areas related to specific industries (e.g., finance, insurance, business law, etc.)
Provide a means to differentiate between qualified CISAs and those who have not met the requirements for continuation of their certification
Provide a mechanism for monitoring information systems audit, control and security professionals' maintenance of their competency
Aid top management in developing sound information systems audit, control and security functions by providing criteria for personnel selection and development
Maintenance fees and a minimum of 20 contact hours of CPE are required annually. In addition, a minimum of 120 contact hours is required during a fixed 3-year period. Upon completing the requirements for initial certification, the CISA will be provided with the CPE policy booklet for detailed criteria to be used in developing a personal CPE program.

View the complete Continuing Professional Education Policy.

5. Information Systems Auditing Standards 

Individuals holding the CISA designation agree to adhere to the Information Systems Auditing Standards as adopted by ISACA.

CISA FAQ Answers 
Exam Registration & Administration

When will the exam results be released?
The exam results will be released approximately 8 weeks after the exam date.

How will my exam results be released?
If at the time of registration you selected to be notified by email, a one-time email notification will be sent within 8 weeks of the exam date. Candidates will also receive a hard copy result letter sent by post within 8 weeks of the exam date.

What is the date of the next CISA exam?
The next exam is Saturday, 9 June 2007.

When does registration begin for the 9 June 2007 exam?
Registration for the 9 June 2007 exam is currently available at www.isaca.org/examreg.

What is the cost of the June 2007 exam and what are the deadlines?
On or before 14 February 2007:
ISACA Members: US $360
Nonmembers: US $480

After 14 February through 11 April 2007:
ISACA Members: US $410
Nonmembers: US $530

Candidates can save $50 on the exam registration fee by registering online.

How do I know if my online registration has been confirmed?
An online acknowledgement appears directly after finishing the checkout process. An email confirmation is sent immediately after completing your registration. This email has a subject line of ISACA.ORG Purchase Confirmation. If you have not received this email, please check your Spam folder. Additionally, you may confirm your order by clicking on "My Order History" in your online profile.

Will I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Yes, a receipt for the payment is mailed to you automatically once the registration form and payment have been processed.

How can I defer my exam?
Candidates unable to take the exam can request a deferral of their registration fees to the next exam date. Deferral requests received on or before 2 May 2007 will be charged a US $50 processing fee. From 3 May 2007 through 1 June 2007, a processing fee of US $100 will be charged. Deferral requests will not be accepted after 1 June 2007. To request a deferral, please go to www.isaca.org/examdefer. The exam and deferral fees are nonrefundable.

How do I request a cancellation of my registration?
Candidates unable to take the exam are eligible for a refund of registration fees, less a US $100 processing fee, if such a request is received in writing on or before 20 April 2007. All requests for a refund after this date will be denied.

Can I take the CISA and CISM exams on the same day?
The CISA and CISM exams will be held simultaneously; therefore, they cannot be taken on the same day.

Certification Requirements

When can I renew my certification and enter my CPE hours?
Online renewal is currently available. The hard copy invoice was sent by post during the last week of November. Please remember to record your CPE hours, if applicable, when making your payment.

A second invoice will automatically be resent at the end of January to anyone who has not paid and/or reported CPE hours.

Where can I find the CISA application for certification?
CISA applications are located at www.isaca.org/CISAapp. Please be aware that there are two different applications available depending upon the year that you passed the exam.

What are the qualifications to earn the CISA credential?
Qualifying for CISA requires a combination of four "e's": experience, ethics, education and exam. Specifically, the requirements are:

Successful completion of the CISA exam
Adherence to a code of professional conduct
Commitment to continuing professional education
A minimum of five years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience (as described in the job content areas) is required for certification. Substitutions and waivers of such experience may be obtained if certain education and general IS or audit experience requirements are met.
For further details, click here.

What does the CISA continuing professional education program require?
In order to become and remain a CISA an individual must agree to comply with the CISA continuing professional education program. This program requires an individual to earn a minimum of twenty (20) hours annually and one hundred twenty (120) hours every three years of continuing professional education. In addition, an annual maintenance fee of US $40 ISACA member and US $70 non-member is required.

To access the CPE policy, click here.

When can I report my 2006 CPE hours?
The ability to enter CPE hours for 2006 is currently available online. You may provide your hours online in one of two ways. You may either click on My Renewals to enter both your annual payment and your CPE hours. Or, if you have already submitted payment, or intend to submit payment at a later date, and wish to report hours only, please click on ISACA > My Profile > Certification Profile and then scroll down to the CPE Hour Summary Chart.

Additionally, a hard copy invoice was sent to each certificate holder in late November. A second invoice will automatically be resent at the end of January to anyone who has not paid and/or reported CPE hours.

How can I earn CPE credits online?
ISACA members can earn CPE hours by taking an Information Systems Control Journal CPE Quiz online. One contact hour is awarded per quiz.

What do I need to do if I’ve received a revocation notice?
If you have received a revocation notice, please contact certification@isaca.org.

Exam Content

How long is the exam?
A candidate is given 4 hours to complete a 200 multiple-choice question exam.

What does the CISA exam cover?
The CISA exam will cover six IS audit, control or security areas, each of which is further defined and detailed through task and knowledge statements. For specific details, please go to www.isaca.org/cisacontentareas.

Other

How do I request additional information or report an issue regarding a current or past credential holder?
To request additional information or to report an issue regarding a current or past credential holder, please contact the ISACA certification department at:

Email: certification@isaca.org
Tel: +1.847.253.1545, ext. 403 or ext. 471
Fax: +1.847.253.1443

How can I become a CISA Exam Item Writer?
You can apply online to become a CISA Exam Item Writer at www.isaca.org/CISAexamitemwriter.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by dontexe(m): 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2007
Hi guys,
just made up my mind to write the june diet of CISA yesterday. I have already downloaded some materials that i need. I'm ready to sharee these with those that need it. The materials are sybex CISA study guide and Cisa Prep Guide by John Kramer. I hope o get more materials as time goes on. Meanwhile, i think forming study will realyy help trhose of us that are preparing for the exams. I would like to know how guys would like to go about it. If u need the books send a mail to idowuodupitan@yahool.com
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by wholex(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2007
how can we get the material, av mailed hoping to receive a reply, now i stay in lagos. anybody anywhere that is interested in this study group should mail me and lets discuss how it will all go so that we can start preparation on time and anyone with useful materials should endeavour to share it with us, those who sat for the exam , wats ur epxreience like, how do we go about it
luvwale03@yahoo.com. LETS ACT FAST
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by dontexe(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2007
Yep,
Got all ur mails. I've sent sybex CISA study guide (pdf) along with CISA review 2006, questions and answers with explanations (WinRAR), but u will need WinRAR to open the file. When i get more materials i'll forward them to you guys. Meanwhile, I did my registration online yesterday and i want u guys to post ur phone numbers so that we can communicate better, and also plan how to study for the exam. My number is 01-8769536.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Bigtee(m): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2007
Dontexe,
Did you get my mail? I'm taking the exam in June too.
AJ silicon is doing CISA orientation tomorrow (20th January 2007), i guess they'll announce their CISA training schedule then.
Hope you can make it.
All the best
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Lasun(m): 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2007
Hello Guys,
I work in Abuja and I intend to write the June 9 exams,I need a reputable company that can help remit my exams.Can you guys please recommend some.I also will need the Sybex Study Guide and review manual.Am just struggling to pay for the exams so any free stuff will be appreciated.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by dontexe(m): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2007
HI Guys,
I'm sorry for not sending the material on time, my system developed a fault. I have actually sent the book to those that sent me a mail.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by hilalma: 11:48am On Jan 22, 2007
Hi list, I am also registered for the CISA exam for June 2007.
I would first suggest to be all aware of our background and strenght area as it will help me in addressing the questions in the right way.
Let me start by myself, I am IT security professional with 6+ years of experience in the information, network and banking transaction security (smartcard tech payment systems).

I think it will be great if we start building a study plan (approach), which we will all share it and will be used for our study and discussion reference.

Regards,
Hilal
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by ezeking(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2007
@dontexe.
Please send me the CISA prep. at ezeking@gmail.com

God bless u.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by wholex(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2007
heloo guys

stil in the preparation for the exams, pls lets make our email available here , i want open a yahoogropu email add for the group so as to exchange ideas , while those of us in lagos can schedule a meeting probably sunday 28th or 4th deliberate and inform those outside lagos of our conclusion.
dontexe i need the material s well , my email add luvwale03@yahoo.com
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by niyooo(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2007
@ Idowu, thanks i got the material u sent though i haven't been able to open it yet.
@ wholex, hope u are ok. I pray we all succeed on this endeavour.
For others my e-mail addy is niyibones@yahoo.com n am based in Abuja and haven't decided on attending lectures yet.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by dontexe(m): 6:37am On Jan 24, 2007
Hi,
Just sent the materials to another set. Let's take action on time, the earlier we meet to agree on things the better. Don't forget that January is gone already. The exam requires adequate preparation and don't forget you'll be paying almost 60k for it. I intend to send the other book (Cisa Prep Guide by John Kramer) today and the 2006 review CD which contain 750 questions and answers before weekend. Maybe we should all post our location to decide the best place to meet. I stay at Iyana Ipaja, in Lagos.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by wholex(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2007
hi partners
i got it don, can we all meet at government college iyana ipaja next sunday i.e 4th feb 2007. anybody that wants to be part of the group and is in lagos lets find a way meeting there or if there is any convinient place we could meet to discuss modalities .
pls suggestion is highly required here as dontexe put it january is gone so we hve just 4months to prepare, N60,000 is not a joke. the email for the groups is cisajune07@yahoogroups.com. anybody innterested shud send their email add so that they can be enlisted
LETS ACT FAST.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by hilalma: 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2007
Gentlemen, please I also need the materials for the CISA preparation for June 2007. My email address is hilal.hussein@gmail.com and hilalmhussein@yahoo.com; awaiting for your email.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Lasun(m): 9:03am On Jan 25, 2007
Hi Guys,
Please do ou guys know any company thar can help me remit my exams fee,I called a company in lagos and they claimed they can only remit in march,which implies that I will have to pay for late registration.Please is there a company that can help remit my exams fee in the early registration period.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by wholex(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2007
hi lasun,
AJ silicon can pay for u , its possible u register now and pay later what yu shud do is to register and enjoy the early registration rebate then pay later, its going to work and as a group we can pay together in bulk.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Kabir06: 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2007
I would love to be a member of the study Group.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Kabir06: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2007
I would love to be a member of the study group, my e-mail: momodukabir@yahoo.com.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Nikegenius(f): 8:26am On Jan 26, 2007
Hi guys,
My email addy is nike2204@yahoo.com. Lets conclude on the meeting date and venue. I will bring along with me the hard copies of the books.

Nice day.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by wholex(m): 8:57am On Jan 30, 2007
hello partners
re we still keeping our meeting date next sunday at the venue or is there anyone with alternative venue .lets contribute coz we dont av much time ahead.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by runsaway: 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2007
u guys have barely 4 months to the exams. u have to read the book cover to cover at least twice and then cover your difficult areas again----that is at the very least. its best u start reading full scale now cause the manual is notoriously difficult to read and difficult to understand. the questions are scenario based so please go through the questions on the cd but don't bother cramming them cause you're not likely to see any of the questions; you're reading it to understand the type of questions you're going to be asked. when answering them watch out for the word BEST, MOST IMPORTANT, LEAST, FIRST, etc.
take c are. all the best
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Nikegenius(f): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2007
Hi guys,
Pls what is the venue and time?
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by IboMan1(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2007
@ runsaway
True words my friend.
I assure you this is not a walk in the park.
Ready to join the group.We do need hands on experience here also.
Whats the final out come on this, Venue , time and E mailgroup address
best wishes everyone
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by IboMan1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2007
a site to visit is www.isaca.org
all info bout the cisa exam is found there
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by dontexe(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2007
Hi Guys,
The venue is Government College Agege, and time is 2.00pm. Wherever you are coming from, board a bus to iyana ipaja from where you can either board a bike or walk down to the school. I look forward to meeting you guys.
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Sammy79(m): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2007
Hi All,

please could anyone send to my email any material or materials they've got for the CISA June 2007 Exams.?

I'll be too grateful. God bless.

fesodola@yahoo.com
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by Sammy79(m): 11:28am On Feb 02, 2007
Hi Dontexe,

Please could you send me materials for the CISA 2007 Exams as well? My email address: fesodola@yahoo.com

, be really gratefull to receive them.

Blessings!
Re: CISA June 2007 Study Group by imransaeed: 10:22am On Feb 03, 2007
HI

Does anybody has CISA review manul 2007 and is willing to share it with me and others ?? If so, Please email me at imransaeedahmed@yahoo.com. I will be really thankfull to u.

@dontexe !!!

can u please email me the material for Preparation u have at the above mentioned email address I would be really thankful to u,

Imran

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nda 68 Rc Final Admission List Here: / Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US / Broadening Vs Specialization: Different Approaches To Career Advancement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.