Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Right Of Abode/settlement Visa: Which One? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Right Of Abode/settlement Visa: Which One? (682 Views)

Restrainment Of Right Of Easement At Segun Irefin Street By The Synagogue Church / Right Of Reply: No! Pastor Adeboye, Your Approach Is Wrong Sir…. / Nigerian Oil Tycoon Ordered To Pay British Ex-wife,£17.5m In Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Right Of Abode/settlement Visa: Which One? by faridalah: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2009
Right of Abode/British passport

Do anyone know if a child of 6 years born to a British mother while in Nigeria can apply for right of abode from Nigeria to come and join her mother who is now resident in the UK. The mother was born in the UK and holds a british passport.
I want to also know if the child qualifies for British passport (from Nigeria) because both parents do not have officially recognised marriage at the time of the child birth in Nigeria. Although both parents are now in the UK and are now officially married, with the father currently holding a Residence Permit status (i.e  leave to remain in UK). The DNA report conducted in UK between the child and both parents (which was arranged through the British High Commission for child sampling in Nigeria) also support the paternity/maternity claim.

Please your urgent response is needed.

Ola.

(1) (Reply)

Am I Welcome? / Htc Touch 2 For Sale / Which Section Of Nairaland Forum Do U Like Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.