Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village (25447 Views)

Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? / We Design And Build Modern Structures Real Estate Developer / Can 3million Naira Build 4 Bed Room Bungalow Up To Roofing And Plastering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 2:44am On Dec 09, 2016
saintkash:

bad advisor. .so he should use the money to play ultimate cycler (chacha) under you so u ll will get commission abi? mr 3-4 million pls start ur project as see how far it will take you. try to minimize cost without necessary compromising on standard.
finishing takes bulk part of d money but it also depends on ur taste... patronize Nigeria goods of good quality than foreign materials.
God blesa you. .. am starting a project of 4-bedroom bungalow today with foundation digging today...I don't have a budget I will just take it slowly until I finish it to my taste. though not in a hurry to complete it sha.
Thanks man... best of luck

1 Like

Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 2:58am On Dec 09, 2016
Blurryface:
OP I will suggest you start with whatever amount you have. It is a leap of faith. I am currently embarking on such a project but 4 bedroom in the village as well. I had like one million when I started. One thing about such a thing is that it helps organize your spending pattern because you know you have a project to complete and won't spend on any frivolity. If at any point the money exhausts, take a breather and be doing the project small small. Any small amount that enters your hand will always find itself useful towards completion of your building.

Best of luck.

Thanks alot ... You're right
Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 3:01am On Dec 09, 2016
victme1:
Bro! Go Ahead! BUT i say BUT you MUST always be around before the Bricklayers arrive and after they have left. i mean supervise it yourself.
Buy the blocks yourself
Buy the sand your self (Just contact any tipper truck you see and make a bargain wiht them to supply. also note that you should threating them that if the top of the sand is not seen from afar you did not see the sand hunchback in the truck you will not pay. They will definitely bring you a full load. The tipper people are very funny they tend to being half the quantity)
Buy the cement yourself. (ask the bricklayers that how many bag of cement they will need per day and you should be there when they are opening the bags. Bags of cement have a tendency of disappearing. they can even hide the bags in the heap of sands). If you are going to give them a close monitoring don’t cut their labour too much. They can waste your materials.
For the filling of the foundation use the red sand from the soak away to fill, it will reduce the amount of filling.
For the roofing use those asbestos abi what did they call it the white cement roof.
For the wiring use half conduit.
N4M should be enough
Take a vacation anytime you want to work on your project. Your presence is very important.
Good luck

Thanks alot bro!
Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 3:02am On Dec 09, 2016
stmike85:
It depends on the location and your taste, am currently building a 5 bedroom bungalow and it has gulped over 5mils and am still on the roofing level
Hmmm!!
Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 3:05am On Dec 09, 2016
amb2015:
my brother 4m may complete the building or go very far but you must get a building engineer that is very sincere. you can even make use of local builders. some of them are very very good.
Thanks bro
Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 3:09am On Dec 09, 2016
Kingbuhari:
4500blocks will do 5bedroom bungalow, therefore 4500block X #100 a block = #450,000... believe me 550,000 will take care of the labouring and change go still come out of it... Doors let say 15doors for the whole building, Korean door is not more than 25k, 25000X15doors = 375,000, sliding windows 15,000X 14 windows = 210,000.. roofing 1m is due, tiles 250,000, ceiling 200,000, plastering both inside and outside 300,000... sanitary sewer system 200,000... this is the major things now tell me why 4m won't do it and still have small change to flex small

grin grin grin Thanks man!

1 Like

Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 3:16am On Dec 09, 2016
chigoizie7:
Who are all these people saying No way?

Apparently, they are the types that enjoy being cheated by contractors or those selling building materials.

MR OP, once u are ready with ur money, and also ready with regards to time.

Please go down to that village. Invite many builders to give u quotations, then, compare and contrast, get a neutral person, person different from the one that gave u the quotations, take the person to the market, to buy good metal rods and good woods.

U can get cement by urself.

U can even mould blocks urself, (make sure they turn the sands very well)

After moulding ur blocks, u can also buy stones( also ask many people into the stone business, preferably the tipper drivers).

With the estimates u have, get local labour, employ those ones that has been building for others in the village, negotiate prices with them, u will be the one to pay them after each day. Also make sure that whatever they do is important and necessary b4 u engage them.

All these are ways to save costs.

Then get a good engineer that will help u supervise the work for @least 2weeks, by that time, ur house go don reach roofing level.

Repeat the procedures for the roofing and every other thing. U will be surprised that u may still have some change.

U can do it with the said amount if u already have the land for it.

Thanks alot bro.. land yapa for village..
Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by NEROSKY(m): 3:24am On Dec 09, 2016
What of house like this that wasn't built with a roof? How did they do it?!

Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by stmike85(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by stmike85(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Like i said, it depends on your taste. Mine has toilet and bathroom in all the rooms plus separate children parlour. And i have finished the parapet, will do the roofing next month by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by ArcToyin(m): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
NEROSKY:

So 4M can't pull it, pls wht should i be budgeting
The finishes and the modern design is what will consume much of the fund. If is going to be ordinary building without much finish, you can achieve it with the said amount.

1 Like

Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by waselystudent: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2017
You can build your house with 4m but not with furniture. I got someone.that buy land and roof he as spend only 2.6m now
Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by ibukunmak: 9:06am On Jan 08, 2017
please will like to ask if you can build a structure of 5 bedrooms similar to this for between 20m - 30m

Re: Can 3 To 4 Million Naira Build Modern 5 Rooms & Parlour In Village by QueenRaheemah(f): 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2023
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Awka, Eagles Hill And Ngozika Extension-photos / Affordable Lands For Sell in Abuja / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX In DIAMOND ESTATE 60M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.