Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

The journey was not easy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The journey was not easy (1480 Views)

A Lesson From Tramadol Abuse / Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) / The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
By God's grace I've successfully stopped taking it. Thanks to everyone for their advice.
Re: The journey was not easy by igraman(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
just stop buying it
Re: The journey was not easy by moststylish(m): 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
The withdrawals is a must, so you have to man up if u really wanna stop taking it, it won't be easy though
Re: The journey was not easy by LOVEGINO(m): 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ask airforce1 undecided
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
igraman:
just stop buying it

Lol, are you joking? You think it's that easy?
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: The journey was not easy by Denko2721987(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
what made you start taking the tramadol in the first place before u became addicted to it..??
Re: The journey was not easy by Midasnaturals: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
michaelwestern:
Please, I need help on how to stop taking tramadol without experiencing the withdraw symptoms.

I've had two seizures now, caused by it, so I've decided to stop taking it. But the problem is that it has some mad withdrawal symptoms.

I've been taking it constantly for like two years now and I now take averagely a whole satchet of 100mg per day.

The problem is that, even when I was not this addicted to it and I tried to stop, the withdrawal symptoms especially the insomnia was unbearable, so I had to start taking it again.

So please, I need help. I need techniques on how to stop without experiencing the withdrawal symptoms. And I'll like to hear from anyone who has successfully stopped taking it. Thanks

Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Since you're addicted to it, it might be best to go to a rehab centre so that they help you come of it slowly. If you want to go at it alone, you'll have to reduce the amount you're taking over time so that the withdrawal symptoms are not as bad. If you take a whole 100g sachet right now, perhaps try cutting by half into 50g then slowly reduce to 40, 30, 20, 10, 5. Then you can do 5g every other day, 5g every three days, 5g every week and then none at all. Obviously you can miss some steps if you're fine without it after a certain point. I hope you beat this!

6 Likes

Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Midasnaturals:

Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Since you're addicted to it, it might be best to go to a rehab centre so that they help you come of it slowly. If you want to go at it alone, you'll have to reduce the amount you're taking over time so that the withdrawal symptoms are not as bad. If you take a whole 100g sachet right now, perhaps try cutting by half into 50g then slowly reduce to 40, 30, 20, 10, 5. Then you can do 5g every other day, 5g every three days, 5g every week and then none at all. Obviously you can miss some steps if you're fine without it after a certain point. I hope you beat this!

Thanks boss, I'll give it a try.
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2016
So starting from today, by God's grace I've decided go cold turkey. I pray that God helps me in my endeavour and that am able to successfully quit taking tramadol.

Am hoping to succeed by God's grace exclusively, so everybody reading this should please continue praying for me.

I'll continue to update my progress regularly. Thanks y'all. May God be with us all.
Re: The journey was not easy by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2016
michaelwestern:
So starting from today, by God's grace I've decided go cold turkey. I pray that God helps me in my endeavour and that am able to successfully quit taking tramadol.

Am hoping to succeed by God's grace exclusively, so everybody reading this should please continue praying for me.

I'll continue to update my progress regularly. Thanks y'all. May God be with us all.

Dizziness
Weakness
Sleepiness
Insomnia
Headache
Shaking
Heartburn
Panic attacks
Nausea
Vomiting
Diarrhoea
Constipation
Itching
Sweating
Dry mouth
Fever
Hives, blisters, or rash.
Difficulty swallowing or breathing.
Hallucinations.
Agitation.
Lack of coordination.
Rapid heartbeat
Decreased pupil size (pinpoint pupils).
Slowed breathing.
Slowed or irregular heartbeat.
Cold, clammy skin.
Seizure

If this are not enough reasons to cut the addiction, I don't know what else is.....................
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
Fell of the wagon, will try again some other time.
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 1:07am On Mar 01, 2017
By God's grace, starting from today(March 1 2017) I will completely stop taking tramadol.

I need you guys to continue to pray for me because the withdrawal symptoms are very severe. But by God's grace and your prayers i will successfully quit taking tramadol in the mighty name of Jesus.

I will continue to update with my progress regularly.

If God be for us, who can be against us? For in all things we are more than conquerors. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 1:12am On Mar 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Dizziness
Weakness
Sleepiness
Insomnia
Headache
Shaking
Heartburn
Panic attacks
Nausea
Vomiting
Diarrhoea
Constipation
Itching
Sweating
Dry mouth
Fever
Hives, blisters, or rash.
Difficulty swallowing or breathing.
Hallucinations.
Agitation.
Lack of coordination.
Rapid heartbeat
Decreased pupil size (pinpoint pupils).
Slowed breathing.
Slowed or irregular heartbeat.
Cold, clammy skin.
Seizure

If this are not enough reasons to cut the addiction, I don't know what else is.....................

Haha, are you talking about the withdrawal symptoms? Because tramadol is bad but its not that bad. If all those symptoms come with taking tramadol then believe me, nobody will get addicted to it. I've decided to stop taking it though and I pray that God helps me in my endeavour.
Re: The journey was not easy by Lexusgs430: 1:27am On Mar 01, 2017
michaelwestern:

Haha, are you talking about the withdrawal symptoms? Because tramadol is bad but its not that bad. If all those symptoms come with taking tramadol then believe me, nobody will get addicted to it. I've decided to stop taking it though and I pray that God helps me in my endeavour.

Tramadol is good, if prescribed. Tramadol abuse is the problem.
Use of tramadol can lead to the listed aforementioned.......
Re: The journey was not easy by Lexusgs430: 1:31am On Mar 01, 2017
michaelwestern:

Why do people get addicted to cigarette, weed, cocaine etc etc etc?
Not unless you want to tell that, users of the above are not addicted to the above?
Re: The journey was not easy by chukkystar(m): 6:41am On Mar 01, 2017
Have a lot of Energy drinks beside U, it helps with the weakness that comes from withdrawal
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
I thank you all for your advice. By God's grace I believe that I will stop taking tramadol permanently.

After having another seizure I was forced to a rehab centre and the withdrawal symptoms have been minimal.

My advice for anybody trying to stop taking tramadol or any other additive drug is to go into a rehab centre. Thanks y'all.
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2017
Wow! All Glory belongs to God, this is the fourth day of me not taking tramadol. I pray it continues that way in the name of Jesus Christ.

I just learnt a very important lesson in life, its very easy but difficult to get clean.

Even if you will take it don't take it every day except if its mild stuffs like alcohol.

I will continue updating my progress regularly. Thanks y'all
Re: The journey was not easy by Samuelumo: 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
Stop buying it simple
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
michaelwestern:
Wow! All Glory belongs to God, this is the fourth day of me not taking tramadol. I pray it continues that way in the name of Jesus Christ.

I just learnt a very important lesson in life, its very easy but difficult to get clean.

Even if you will take it don't take it every day except if its mild stuffs like alcohol.

I will continue updating my progress regularly. Thanks y'all

I give all glory to God as this is one week of me not taking tramadol.
Re: The journey was not easy by Nellychinma20(f): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
The best way to stop this drug is to avoid abrupt withdrawal.
am a health personnel, so I should know about this
start by reducing the dosage little by little till u wean urself of the drug after all u have been abusing it for long
Re: The journey was not easy by michaelwestern(m): 7:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nellychinma20:
The best way to stop this drug is to avoid abrupt withdrawal.
am a health personnel, so I should know about this
start by reducing the dosage little by little till u wean urself of the drug after all u have been abusing it for long

Thanks for that, I got into a rehab centre so I don't really know the drugs they were giving me as substitute for the tramadol. But it helped with the withdrawal symptoms
Re: The journey was not easy by Nellychinma20(f): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
michaelwestern:

Thanks for that, I got into a rehab centre so I don't really know the drugs they were giving me as substitute for the tramadol. But it helped with the withdrawal symptoms
Thank God, good to hear that

(1) (Reply)

Are You Tired Of Your Body, You Want To Lose Some Weight..please Read!! / More Picture From The Twins Wey Join Together, Before And After Their Surgery / This Type Of Discharge From My Girl's Vagina. Is It Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.