Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) (44290 Views)

TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) / Okada Man Who Took Tramadol In Delta State Falls (Photos) / Why Are They Taking Tramadol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 6:28am On Jul 28, 2016
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by adezjamz(m): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by KELVINXY: 6:39am On Jul 28, 2016
funny enough

send him to rehab if need be.
Buh am not sure he took only TM that last time

he must have had TM/Sk combo grin.

I know those that pops one full card and still stay vibrant except for the sweating thou.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?

Tramadol is an opioid analgesic, and preventing your cousin from taking it will lead to withdrawal symptoms, some of which may be dangerous. Treatment for this addiction should be under strict medical supervision. Take him to a hospital.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Tramadol is an opioid analgesic, and preventing your cousin from taking it will lead to withdrawal symptoms, some of which may be dangerous. Treatment for this addiction should be under strict medical supervision. Take him to a hospital.

Hospital? He has stopped talking now, only staring into space. Thank u

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 28, 2016
bibijay123:

Hospital? He has stopped talking now, only staring into space. Thank u

Yes. I think you should take him. You dont know how many he has taken. People who take it for long tend to keep increasing the dosage to get the effect. They also combine with other drugs sometimes.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Yes. I think you should take him. You dont know how many he has taken. People who take it for long tend to keep increasing the dosage to get the effect.

OK. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2016
bibijay123:

OK. Thank you sir.

Welcome, and sorry for your plight. Sometimes we humans just create unnecessary grief for ourselves and our families without thinking.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by thorpido(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Take him to a hospital and help him go through rehabilitation.A lot of young people are abusing tramadol and soon the government might need to do something about it.
A young guy was brought-in-dead(BID) to the clinic one day.He had taken tramadol mixed with something.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2016
thorpido:
Take him to a hospital and help him go through rehabilitation.A lot of young people are abusing tramadol and soon the government might need to do something about it.
A young guy was brought-in-dead(BID) to the clinic one day.He had taken tramadol mixed with something.

I never thought of the hospital although rehab came to mind. Don't know which hospital will admit him, he's acting real loco. Thanks.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by thorpido(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2016
bibijay123:

I never thought of the hospital although rehab came to mind. Don't know which hospital will admit him, he's acting real loco. Thanks.
It depends on where you are.You can find a private hospital where they have a physician or take him to a teaching hospital.
He might need to be evaluated by a psychiatrist too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by GogetterMD(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2016
He needs rehabilitation, as substance abuse is not something to be managed on the internet or at home, and there's likely to be addiction to more than one substance here. Let the family take him to visit a referral facility or teaching hospital, depending on your location, to see a behavioral medicine team, who will optimize management working with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists and others

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Justpassingby45(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2016
Only God can help him. Check my last comment for help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2016
GogetterMD:
He needs rehabilitation, as substance abuse is not something to be managed on the internet or at home, and there's likely to be addiction to more than one substance here. Let the family take him to visit a referral facility or teaching hospital, depending on your location, to see a behavioral medicine team, who will optimize management working with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists and others

This is helpful thanks. He will be taken to d Hosp asap. We were deliberating on which one to take him minutes ago.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by mulan21(f): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2016
cry embarassed I was addicted to it once but ve been clean for close to a year. He needs help u can mail me @doshmarcus@gmail

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Justpassingby45(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2016
On a lighter note com closer 2 him not only u but his family member, never allow him to be wit his badfriend all d time.
Lastly force him to eat balance diet, b4 doing this give him any laxative medicine to flush out any remaini of toxic in his system folow by little or any CYPROHEPTADINE HYDROCHLORIDE wit enongh Food. I think these will help
THANKS

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Preye1599(m): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2016
What is tramadol used for sef

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by ShaqFu: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
KingTom, I know this isn't your area of specialty, but an advice from you will go along way.

You'll the only active doctor here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
ShaqFu:
KingTom, I know this isn't your area of specialty, but an advice from you will go along way.

You'll the only active doctor here.

Thanks.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Justpassingby45:
On a lighter note com closer 2 him not only u but his family member, never allow him to be wit his badfriend all d time.
Lastly force him to eat balance diet, b4 doing this give him any laxative medicine to flush out any remaini of toxic in his system folow by little or any CYPROHEPTADINE HYDROCHLORIDE wit enongh Food. I think these will help
THANKS

Thanks a lot .
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
mulan21:
cry embarassed I was addicted to it once but ve been clean for close to a year. He needs help u can mail me @doshmarcus@gmail

OK. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
@bibijay123, ur dealing with a slowly ticking time bomb. As an opiod, fighting tramadol addiction could be dicey, especially as its a centrally acting opiod.
> He could be enrolled into a social rehab center where a controlled dose reduction program is run.
> You could help him by tapering his daily dose of tramal reducing it by one tablet in two days and substituting it with a placebo (which looks like tramal) till he is fully weaned off. This could take weeks.
> He may need to eventually be given an an opiod antagonist (it's a prescription pill so I can't type the name here) to help his addiction.
What you should not do : don't abruptly stop him from taking the drug, the withdrawal symptoms are often dangerous,sometimes life threatening in the very addicted.
What you should know: the longer he is addicted to tramal, the more likelihood he would suffer renal and liver damage in future, and also 'hormonal riots' going forward. You need to be proactive.
He needs to see a psychiatrist asap, in Nigeria, they're the ones who handle issues of substance abuse.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
Its not easy my sister, he should first of all be willing to stop of his own volition. He should reduce the number of pills gradually until he stops finally. Speaking from personal experience and put him in prayers too God help us all.
Cc bibijay123

8 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
sapiosexual1:
@bibijay123, ur dealing with a slowly ticking time bomb. As an opiod, fighting tramadol addiction could be dicey, especially as its a centrally acting opiod.
> He could be enrolled into a social rehab center where a controlled dose reduction program is run.
> You could help him by tapering his daily dose of tramal reducing it by one tablet in two days and substituting it with a placebo (which looks like tramal) till he is fully weaned off. This could take weeks.
> He may need to eventually be given an an opiod antagonist (it's a prescription pill so I can't type the name here) to help his addiction.
What you should not do : don't abruptly stop him from taking the drug, the withdrawal symptoms are often dangerous,sometimes life threatening in the very addicted.
What you should know: the longer he is addicted to tramal, the more likelihood he would suffer renal and liver damage in future, and also 'hormonal riots' going forward. You need to be proactive.
He needs to see a psychiatrist asap, in Nigeria, they're the ones who handle issues of substance abuse.

Awww. We had forced him to stop. His mom won't understand if i say he shouldn't stop at once. I will try my best. Thank u

5 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
sexfabregas:
Its not easy my sister, he should first of all be willing to stop of his own volition. He should reduce the number of pills gradually until he stops finally. Speaking from personal experience and put him in prayers too God help us all.
Cc bibijay123

Thank u bro, he's OK now and refusing to go to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by motion78(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=sapiosexual1 post=47972687]@bibijay123, ur dealing with a slowly ticking time bomb. As an opiod, fighting tramadol addiction could be dicey, especially as its a centrally acting opiod.
> He may need to eventually be given an an opiod antagonist.

Sapiosexual are u a pharmacist? U speak lyk one.u are too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=motion78 post=47978883][/quote] Thanks boss, I'm a doctor

3 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 29, 2016
bibijay123:

Thank u bro, he's OK now and refusing to go to the hospital.
if he's refusing then he should not go, its not necessary all he needs is the will to stop doing pills.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 11:04am On Jul 29, 2016
sexfabregas:

if he's refusing then he should not go, its not necessary all he needs is the will to stop doing pills.

Thanks bro.we made him go tho
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by HMZi: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2016
Roll up a joint and take regular warm baths,and listen to music with headphones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by treystan(m): 2:08am On Aug 19, 2016
sapiosexual1:
@sapiosexual1 I also happen to have a minimal addiction of tramadol which i take daily. Pls what are the opium antagonist pills i can take to slowly stop?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Joygalore(f): 2:29am On Aug 19, 2016
Naloxone, but you need to see a doc asap
treystan:
@sapiosexual1 I also happen to have a minimal addiction of tramadol which i take daily. Pls what are the opium antagonist pills i can take to slowly stop?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!! What's Growing On My Skin!? / New Pictures Of Family Of Five With Madness In Cross River / Help! Movement Of Objects All Over My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.