Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree (38131 Views)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / 9 Jobs That Don’t Require A University Degree / 9 Jobs You Can Do While Waiting For Your NYSC Posting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by zheroes(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2016
Bsc , bed, beng, university education is overhyped! In this present economic climate. The problem I have with the university thing is most of the time your life depends on being an employee, so you remain a slave for life!!! So for those who look forward to owning a business university or polytechnic degree isn't a must. Fact is my best education was in my secondary school. My take is if you can afford a university degree do it and get a trade you can also fall on just incase you are laid off!!!
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by victorazy(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2016
GodwinTobi:
No degree...
How then can u do doz things u mentioned..
Where will the knowledge come from?

U funny o
Must one be graduate before he can read and write or speak good english?
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Emeritusseun(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Icecomrade:

9. POLICE CADET INSPECTOR
Maximum annual salary: N1 million

Reason why our Nigeria Police Force is so useless.

How would a government engage illiterates in a job as critical as this.
Give them guns and leave Nigerians at their mercy.

What's wrong in engaging only graduates into our police force?

bros...,.so person wey get O'level na illiterate abi....easy na,,..there is nowhere in d world where only grads are employed as pols or even soldiers....dey need lower cadres to fill...so d o'level guys fill them!...moreso...dz guys are trained for some months befor being released to d society..,,d major thing here is d pay....to small
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by jamalchance(m): 7:09am On Dec 08, 2016
Icecomrade:

How exactly would ones level of literacy stop whats goin on in NPF ... no nigerian university would teach u on how not to be greedy nd well all know greed is d problem in the force ... besides we have graduates on the force already nd its still d way it is
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by enchantedone(f): 7:09am On Dec 08, 2016
I agree that university education is over hyped but any form of tertiary education would give u an edge over others and knowing d present economic situation in case d job goes bad,u can always fall back on ur uni degree
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by RullDee: 7:09am On Dec 08, 2016
I was actualy tinking u wil broaden ur piece by givin ur d creterials to go for or get dis jobs. N of cos dat wat u shuld hav joxtaposed
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by NaLaugh: 7:12am On Dec 08, 2016
Stating a "maximum salary" on anything AT ALL is a shallow worldview.
The only limitations in life are the ones you place on yourself.

Also, I love how the "Freelance Writer" entry has a typo with the max salary at N2 (Two Naira?). cheesy
That's 16.6 kobo a month.

Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by John902(m): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2016
what of MMM
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by JegaQuin: 7:19am On Dec 08, 2016
nony43:
Op, you forgot to write the Job of been a Nigerian President, yes Vuhari doesn't have a degree and he is there.

Are you from the FLAT-HEAD Clan?
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by mployer(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2016
JegaQuin:

Are you from the FLAT-HEAD Clan?

I think he is from brown roof republic.
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by jamace(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2016
Icecomrade:

[b]Reason why our Nigeria Police Force is so useless.

[/b]

At highlighted, my brother, being educated is no longer a guarantee in Nigeria that any one will do his job to specification.
I will give examples:
1. This is university admission time for universities in Nigeria, go and see how Masters degrees/Phd holders are tweaking scores to ensure their candidates gain admission over and above a more qualified candidate without godfather.
2. Our political appointees are flashing intimidating credentials on paper but wreck their offices because of corruption.
3. Pastors/Imams are supposed to be learned in the word of God/Allah but they are more worldly than those who do not claim such positions.
4. Accountants at various levels are educated but they smuggle the monies under their care for personal benefits.
5. Engineers of all types do substandard jobs in order to feather their nest at the detriment of their clients.
6. ...and so on.

In summary, of what use is a Phd degree holder who runs public office/business aground for selfish reasons?
I tell you most solemnly, presently, higher education is not the answer to Nigeria's problem but citizens who have MORALITY/INTEGRITY.

1 Like

Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by danidee10(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2016
mployer:

I think he is from brown roof republic.

You people will not kill me...Which one is Flat head Clan cheesy
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Icansing: 7:27am On Dec 08, 2016
Music music music
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Icansing: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2016
John902:
what of MMM
MMM is Gamblin
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by mjay26(m): 7:33am On Dec 08, 2016
GodwinTobi:
No degree...
How then can u do doz things u mentioned..
Where will the knowledge come from?
na only think outside box ,very important question
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by makdcash(m): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2016
Op you can do buhari without going to school......na joke I dey o grin grin grin
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Orikinla(m): 7:37am On Dec 08, 2016
10. Blogger N1m-N200m annual income.
You don't need a degree, but proficiency in English and SEO is a must have.

If you want to be a successful blogger and even be as big as the richest bloggers in Nigeria, contact me.
You need a laptop or a good smartphone and N100, 000 to start.

You can make it in the next three months.

Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by skedman(m): 7:40am On Dec 08, 2016
Hello, you are not on point,all these profession needs education to develop its marketing strategy, to pay taxation, to determine the profit and going concern of the business. Although it won't need education if you are ready to pay more in overhead cost, ignorance is not an excuse. A good example for you, an uneducated man had venture into a business , every afternoon he normally visit the bank to deposit the sales for the day however, whenever he visit the bank he usually meet a lady banker who normally fill the teller or attend to any other transactions for him and he usually compensate the lady at the end of the transaction. He did this for long and became a normal routine until the ladybanker was confronted by her boss, she said that, the guy was paying for the school fees he had refuse to pay then. please let's embrace education,ignorance is not an excuse, you will end up still paying for the same school fees you have run for to another person that as embrace eduction thank you.

1 Like

Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Antoeni(m): 7:40am On Dec 08, 2016
what of MMM
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by eph12(m): 7:40am On Dec 08, 2016
adebayo201:
Op, you are not totally correct. I think education will give you an edge over others.

A classmate of mine in the university serving his father-land now is a professional photographer. With his line of education, he packaged his product-photography that you would think you cant pay for his service. He's on almost all social medias and gives his friends and colleagues best of the best. We even advertise for him(cheesy) and moreso, he's an open minded guy.

Again, education gives you an upper hand over others in such fields.

Education does not give you upper hand in this case, exposure does.
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by adebayo201: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2016
eph12:

Education does not give you upper hand in this case, exposure does.
and what makes you exposed
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by eph12(m): 8:03am On Dec 08, 2016
adebayo201:
and what makes you exposed

Having an open mind, travelling, using the Internet, having mentors etc

Hope you not implying that the nonsense they do in college is what you call exposure? We talking real life exposure here not some classroom theories.

1 Like

Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Pyroclast(m): 8:03am On Dec 08, 2016
kilokeys:
buh u can earn 24 million annually as a safety consultant..

i prefer this

Eh! Tell me more! Pls
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by adebayo201: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2016
eph12:

Having an open mind, travelling, using the Internet, having mentors etc

Hope you not implying that the nonsense they do in college is what you call exposure? We talking real life exposure here not some classroom theories.
lipsrsealed
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Spybradd: 8:07am On Dec 08, 2016
Is this meant to promote education apathy or what? Education remains the best legacy. Buh if u find urself in this class,gudluck..kosi ona toleda.. cheesy
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by rickyrex(m): 8:17am On Dec 08, 2016
I de expect to see jobs like shoe maker, tomato seller, wheel barrow pusher, agbero, tailoring, ashawo and so on. Nah wa u oh

1 Like

Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by charloski(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2016
nony43:
Op, you forgot to write the Job of been a Nigerian President, yes Vuhari doesn't have a degree and he is there.

Guy you badt oooo....lmao grin grin grin
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by kellybently(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2016
Icecomrade:

most of those junior officers are graduate if u don't know. is just that no options than to take the job and wen opportunity com in the system they ll have upper hand .
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by NaWetinDey(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2016
And what are jobs for graduates if non-graduates do these? Don't talk to me about doctors and engineers. Maybe you can tell me they fly without wings and they become manufacturers and inventors after passing through uni.

University is a place to focus on a profession. That is it. If you don't have a particular profession you have gained and you are a graduate, a programmer who is no graduate is better than you and will be employed over you in a serious society that desires progress and development.
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by aalangel(f): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2016
Fdnoble2 you didn't add Real Estate...agents, brokers everywhere and making good money.
Re: 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 08, 2016
Being a politician,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Schedule Of Activities For The 2016 Nigerian AirForce Recruitment Exercise / What To Know About 2016 Police Recruitment Before April First / New CCNA Exam dumps 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.