Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

What Are The Drawbacks Of Reading A Lot Of Books? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Drawbacks Of Reading A Lot Of Books? (425 Views)

School Of Construction Mgt And Engineering Scholarships At University Of Reading / Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons / Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Drawbacks Of Reading A Lot Of Books? by AjalaJ(m): 11:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
There have been a lot of comments on the benefits of reading a lot of books. This is a question about the opposite side.

My husband was the only child banned from the reading corner at school. When I met him I could not understand that story: it seemed ridiculous and unfair. Who would ban a child for reading in a world where so few children read at all?

But having known him and been married to him for a while I actually can understand how this can have its drawbacks: he can escape into books for hours, days. Sometimes he will not notice what I say to him and will recede from the outside world so completely that life threatens to pass him by.

This is not to say anything against my husband who is the most wonderful, honest and caring person that I am blessed to spend my life with and whose passion for reading has made him wise and intelligent; it is simply to say that even with reading one needs to make a choice and a compromise.

I too am a lover of books and of the escape that reading and day-dreaming offer; and I too have to force myself to come back into the world every now and then in order not to lose the precious moments in my own life.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-drawbacks-of-reading-a-lot-of-books

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: What Are The Drawbacks Of Reading A Lot Of Books? by Tocheagle(m): 12:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Too much of everything , they say is too bad

(1) (Reply)

Debate On Education Set Back In Nigeria / Danida Fellowships Centre Scholarships For International Students / What Is Truly A Waste Of Your Personal Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.