Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages (42615 Views)

This Amazing Circular Village In Denmark Looks Like Alien Civilization(Photos) / Police Officers Who Participated In Osun Election Involved In Accident (Graphic) / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by fakati(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
For sure the govt will remember this village during election period.
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by steppins: 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
robay1:
as if their is no village in south east undecided hypocrisy people
There are villages in the east, but they are not this primitive.
Kai Afonja! grin

12 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
they should leave thier village and join a prospering one, Na by force to own village??

5 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Daniel058(m): 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
They better change location

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Godprotectigbo2(f): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
robay1:
Kai Igbo undecided

ofon

xup

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by grownaira: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by spotty232(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
them go just carry Lagos for head forgetting their villages

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by hammed105(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
I hope this government can help civilize these village OO.
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by omonkiti: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
robay1:
as if their is no village in south east undecided hypocrisy people

These are typical Igbo villages

14 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by CSTR13: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
Their sons and daughters have all gone to lagos forming indigenes and constituting nuisance to responsible people.
Many of the ''we are the owners of lagos ''thumping afonjas on nairaland are from osun state.
They leave and forget their ancestral land.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Emeks008(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
It's disheartened to hear things like this. But Ile ife needs to buckle up. There are many of this hamlets in Ile ife area. I can even mention few... Area like Ajebandele, Omi funfun, Iyan foworogi, etc. Bro Rauf, do d needful for ur ppl

7 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nwakaumu(m): 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
GogetterMD:
Plenty of such villages in Osun and Oyo states
Not only in osun and oyo,but the entire south west is just like deserted ancient enclave.the first time I left onisha for lagos I observed that western states are so backward.imagine finding a mud house in the state capital of oshogbo.but they prefer to make themselves feel happy with the propaganda that things are okay with them.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Johnnyessence(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
omonkiti:

u like to display your stupidity here ok. Nobody is asking you to upload your village here ok.

2 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by NewNigeriaMind: 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
I served in Kanke in Plateau...

Similar situation.

This person needs to travel more to understand there are worse cases than this all over Nigeria.

A village of less that 50 PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Iris3k9: 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] so sad,, i wish the government would do something to it in haste
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by NewNigeriaMind: 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:
Not only in osun and oyo,but the entire south west is just like deserted ancient enclave.the first time I left onisha for lagos I observed that western states are so backward.imagine finding a mud house in the state capital of oshogbo.but they prefer to make themselves feel happy with the propaganda that things are okay with them.

What is this one saying.... too many kids on NL.

I am in Agbara in Lagos now and there are villages here with Mud house.

Before Onne camp in Rivers the whole village on the trip from the Airport are all mud houses.

WTF is this one saying

6 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by jstbeinhonest(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
omonkiti:

Cool, but that is not a village, its a town, it definetely houses thousands of people. BTW, where were those photos taken?.

3 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Originalsly: 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
Village life is slow life... if the village is remote then life is even slower and the people more primitive. No doubt... drilling borehole and maintaining them should be a priority as well as having a health clinic that they can visit and of course... access to free education.They been living there since the 1800's... they know how to survive in their environment. If they want to leave and enter modernization no one is stopping them... but what we should not do is impose modernization on them as you are suggesting.... "to take them out of the dark ages." I can guarantee you.... should generators and phones and tv music be introduced to those people.... their lives would go downhill. ...happens all the time.

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by jstbeinhonest(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:

You probably visited the wrong southwest.
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Johnnyessence(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:
u will always type your trash. Mud houses plenty for onitsha. There's no way you will not see mud houses. That's the first building of our forefathers. And till today people are still using bricks to construct houses.

2 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by sade1994(f): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
One problem with we Yorubas is we don't go back to our villages after we might have made it in the city. At least erecting some modern structures in place of our muddy family house for the extended family. And the main reason is because of the believe of witches and wizards with workers of iniquity being dominant in the village. Which is rather appalling and unbelievable.

Take me for example ... I've never in my life been to Oyo and ilora and I'm from there.. .closest I've been to is Ibadan. And the only property my parents have in the West is in Ibadan.
And if I ask them why don't we go home ...why don't we go to ilora and Oyo?
They'll say it seems you don't want to be successful in life or u want we your parents to die before our time..

It's sad mehn
Really sad

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by IamISRAEL(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Just too lengthy to read
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by IamISRAEL(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
sade1994:
One problem with we Yorubas is we don't go back to our villages after we might have made it in the city. At least erecting some modern structures in place of our muddy family house for the extended family. And the main reason is because of the believe of witches and wizards with workers of iniquity being dominant in the village. Which is rather appalling and unbelievable.

Take me for example ... I've never in my life been to Oyo and ilora and I'm from there.. .closest I've been to is Ibadan. And the only property my parents have in the West is in Ibadan.
They'll say it seems you don't want to be successful in life or u want we your parents to die before our time..

It's sad mehn
Really sad
how many modern structures have you erected in your own village?
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by waice6571: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
KingOvoramwenn1:
THE SAD TRUTH IS THAT IT IS NOT JUST THIS VILLAGE BUT THE WHOLE OF ILE IFE

THE LEVEL OF UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND POVERTY IN ILE IFE IS ALARMING

I WAS THERE FOR HUMANITARIAN WORK LAST DECEMBER AND I GOT TO SEE FIRST HAND WHAT THIS OP JUST POSTED

YOU NEED TO VISIT ILE IFE TO REALLY GET A HINT AT THE LEVEL OF UNDERVELOPMENT

ILE IFE AND OSUN STATE HAS A WHOLE REALLY NEED TO BUCKLE UP BECAUSE I HAVE ALSO BEEN TO ZAMFARA AND THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TOWNS THERE AND ILE IFE /OSUN STATE

Bless you guy.

You are able to diagnose Osun state problems in few but clear manner.

Everyone that has ever ruled Osun state, either as a governor or senator , or member house of rep even all the past and present local council Chairman and councellor deserve to be locked up in an isolated dungeon. They are all evil by nature.

The biggest problem is that, Osun state people are gullible and naive.

6 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Yyeske(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
I remembered NYSC days in Gbongan, same LG with Maamu, corps members serving there were told to come for CDS fortnightly because it was virtually inaccessible and no mobile signals too.

Where is aressa to come to their aide

5 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by stinechykee: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
sade1994:

It's sad mehn
Really sad
Sade thank you for at least saying the truth despite that you a Yoruba.I wish few of Yoruba's can be truthful and honest as you Sade I bet Nigeria would have been a better place but no they will not but they will be the first to criticise Igbo's wen in any little opportunity.Afonjas you people should learn how to think home and travel to your various bushy villages and stop forming Lagosians all the time

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nwakaumu(m): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

What is this one saying.... too many kids on NL.
I am in Agbara in Lagos now and there are villages here with Mud house.
Before Onne camp in Rivers the whole village on the trip from the Airport are all mud houses.
WTF is this one saying
I'm from Imo state S.east and I'm telling you adult that there is no mud house in my state capital,Owerri.even in my village mud house was totally phased out in the late 80's because nobody could stand the shame of living in mud house in the 21 century. igbos are proud people,no rich man in igbo land wouid endure the shame of having a mud house stand next to his mansion,rather he wuld pull it down and replace it with a decent house for the owner.leave your oshogbo cave and come down east and you will testify for urself.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Unimaginable123: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
So sad. But it's not on mamu village. It's like that all over the country.
I watched a documentary on AIT yesterday about the discovery of lost communities in taraba state.

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Kingbuhari(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
We have thousands of such villages in West... some of Nairalanders are from this stone aged villages. but if u ask them... I'm lasgidi boy , I'm omo eko... abeg go back and develop ur hinterland villages , Lagos is no mans land... I'm so proud of one particular region in Eastern Nigeria that do not wait for FG to construct roads, schools, health care for it people...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by GogetterMD(m): 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:
I'm not giving you an opportunity for tribal bashing dude. You lay claim to south westerners been backwards. So you come here beating your chest that you don't have mud houses in the east abi?
And of course, when my eastern brethren are liberated for Biafra they will move all their houses they contributed to develop the south west to Biafra.
My friend, better face front

2 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by GossipHeart(m): 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
GogetterMD:

I'm not giving you an opportunity for tribal bashing dude. You lay claim to south westerners been backwards. So you come here beating your chest that you don't have mud houses in the east abi?
And of course, when my eastern brethren are liberated for Biafra they will move all their houses they contributed to develop the south west to Biafra.
My friend, better face front

Shut up

We own Lagos

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Pulled Over For Riding Unclad As Record-breaking Hot Weather Hits Europe / Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA / The Moment Emirates Arrives Abuja International Airport New Terminal (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.