Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages (42614 Views)

This Amazing Circular Village In Denmark Looks Like Alien Civilization(Photos) / Police Officers Who Participated In Osun Election Involved In Accident (Graphic) / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by NewNigeriaMind: 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:
I'm from Imo state S.east and I'm telling you adult that there is no mud house in my state capital,Owerri.even in my village mud house was totally phased out in the late 80's because nobody could stand the shame of living in mud house in the 21 century. igbos are proud people,no rich man in igbo land wouid endure the shame of having a mud house stand next to his mansion,rather he wuld pull it down and replace it with a decent house for the owner.leave your oshogbo cave and come down east and you will testify for urself.

Lol...... well i am in the city with the fifth biggest economy in Africa and there are still mud houses here. By the way, i will be very proud if i was from Oshogbo or any other place.

I am happy for you the condition of your village. i have been told it is paradise cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by DauraDullard0(m): 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
sade1994:
One problem with we Yorubas is we don't go back to our villages after we might have made it in the city. At least erecting some modern structures in place of our muddy family house for the extended family. And the main reason is because of the believe of witches and wizards with workers of iniquity being dominant in the village. Which is rather appalling and unbelievable.

Take me for example ... I've never in my life been to Oyo and ilora and I'm from there.. .closest I've been to is Ibadan. And the only property my parents have in the West is in Ibadan.
And if I ask them why don't we go home ...why don't we go to ilora and Oyo?
They'll say it seems you don't want to be successful in life or u want we your parents to die before our time..

It's sad mehn
Really sad
It seems evil and diabolism pervades the length and breadth of Yorubaland. I have a Yoruba friend here in Yenagoa and he echoes the same sentiments. He said the last time he attempted to visit his hometown, he barely escaped with his life in one piece. His other peers he traveled with weren't so lucky. Two of them died under mysterious circumstances.

Yoruba ronu ooo!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
But we can do our least to help them get just a borehole. you can please trend #savemamuvillage with me on Twitter. my handle is @daarasimi
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nwakaumu(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
Johnnyessence:
u will always type your trash. Mud houses plenty for onitsha. There's no way you will not see mud houses. That's the first building of our forefathers. And till today people are still using bricks to construct houses.
"Mud house in onitsha".joke of the century.this shows that yoruba rarely travel.for your info, onitsha is built up with high-rise buildings,the types you never find anywhere in west Africa, I personaliy, live on the second floor of five story building.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
EastGold:
The last government project executed in this village is 2005.

Arẹ́gbẹ́ṣọlá you see Ur life outside

Na to commission primary school Na im he knows.
21st century

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by RealSleek(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
sade1994:
One problem with we Yorubas is we don't go back to our villages after we might have made it in the city. At least erecting some modern structures in place of our muddy family house for the extended family. And the main reason is because of the believe of witches and wizards with workers of iniquity being dominant in the village. Which is rather appalling and unbelievable.

Take me for example ... I've never in my life been to Oyo and ilora and I'm from there.. .closest I've been to is Ibadan. And the only property my parents have in the West is in Ibadan.
They'll say it seems you don't want to be successful in life or u want we your parents to die before our time..

It's sad mehn
Really sad

why are u giving them cheap points now...oyo is a cool place, ur parents understands berra...ara ile eni , Ni ota re
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by NewNigeriaMind: 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
sade1994:

It's sad mehn
Really sad

It is deeper than that and its multifaceted.

The village is apparently abandoned and the sons and daughter have all moved to other places.

You don't go back to a place where you have no connections anymore.

In Kaduna, i met families with houses in Northern Kadauna without a bungalow in the SW. Once there is no connection back home that is it. Here in Lagos a matron working in London, because her family have all relocated to the UK, came back to sell all they own in Lagos and now she has left. How will that person ever come back home.

3 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nwakaumu(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Lol...... well i am in the city with the fifth biggest economy in Africa and there are still mud houses here. By the way, i will be very proud if i was from Oshogbo or any other place.
I am happy for you the condition of your village. i have been told it is paradise cheesy.
As usual,every yoruba has abandoned their village in ruins and now has started claiming lagos which is developed by collective efforts of Nigerians.with this attitide ur region we keep sinking to stone age.

6 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by sade1994(f): 3:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
RealSleek:

why are u giving them cheap points now...oyo is a cool place, ur parents understands berra...ara ile eni , Ni ota re

Bros it's not a matter of giving anyone any point. I don't have time for that. I'm only saying the truth. My mom is from Oyo and few of her siblings that stayed back in Oyo are nothing to write home about. Me as a person I don't want to believe it has anything to do with any diabolical bullshit. But I still cant fathom why she doesn't like taking us home.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by sade1994(f): 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

It is deeper than that and its multifaceted.

The village is apparently abandoned and the sons and daughter have all moved to other places.

You don't go back to a place where you have no connections anymore.

In Kaduna, i met families with houses in Northern Kadauna without a bungalow in the SW. Once there is no connection back home that is it. Here in Lagos a matron working in London, because her family have all relocated to the UK, came back to sell all they own in Lagos and now she has left. How will that person ever come back home.

But plz do u think that kind of thing is good? I mean forgetting our roots coz we don't have any connection with it again?

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by lolamitayo: 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Politics in play.
May be they have been voting for opposition party.
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Johnnyessence(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:
I'm from Imo state S.east and I'm telling you adult that there is no mud house in my state capital,Owerri.even in my village mud house was totally phased out in the late 80's because nobody could stand the shame of living in mud house in the 21 century. igbos are proud people,no rich man in igbo land wouid endure the shame of having a mud house stand next to his mansion,rather he wuld pull it down and replace it with a decent house for the owner.leave your oshogbo cave and come down east and you will testify for urself.
u will always be typing trash here and not saying the truth. The same imo states u mention here is full of mud houses. First go to the vilages, no tarred roads no health facilities. Example of the village is umudi. Almost all the houses are muddy. Not to talk of orlu where muddy houses dey. The place that's mostly develop in imo state is owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Pakoranking: 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Afon-Villa...

grin they'll soon flood here to claim that Lagos is
Deir village!!! Mchewww undecided (Dodges stones and runs outta thread) cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by NewNigeriaMind: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:
As usual,every yoruba has abandoned their village in ruins and now has started claiming lagos which is developed by collective efforts of Nigerians.with this attitide ur region we keep sinking to stone age.

I see comprehension is an issued here. In Lagos here, go to Oshodi you will surely find mud houses there within the market.

And is Lagos not in SW my region and Lagos last time i checked is the biggest city in West Africa.

On the other hand, i will not make a comment about your lies about the SE. Yoruba people say "eyan maji ki pa da nu iro"

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by OMOTOWO(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
ALAYORMII:
There's a village with the same name in Ago Iwoye
no..it is not in Ago iwoye.it is even closer to oru,a wa and ilaporu than ago iwoye.all fall under Ijebu north local government in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Johnnyessence(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
DauraDullard0:
It seems evil and diabolism pervades the length and breadth of Yorubaland. I have a Yoruba friend here in Yenagoa and he echoes the same sentiments. He said the last time he attempted to visit his hometown, he barely escaped with his life in one piece. His other peers he traveled with weren't so lucky. Two of them died under mysterious circumstances.

Yoruba ronu ooo!!!
hmmm everything has a reason.
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by NewNigeriaMind: 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
sade1994:

But plz do u think that kind of thing is good? I mean forgetting our roots coz we don't have any connection with it again?

I know an Ijesa man, a third generation Ijesa man in Lagos with 5 Houses in choice areas that doesnt know what Ilesa looks like. He has no relatives there and if he goes back, he asked who he will be going to see.

When a Yoruba person leaves, the chance he will back is very slim depending on if there is something to come to.. Yoruba people make a home where they are and hardly move back to their roots. Hence you hardly hear Yorubas insult their host.

4 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by OMOTOWO(m): 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
robay1:
as if their is no village in south east undecided hypocrisy people
don't mind him..there is a place like mamu with the name umunya in Anambra state .

2 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Johnnyessence(m): 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nwakaumu:
"Mud house in onitsha".joke of the century.this shows that yoruba rarely travel.for your info, onitsha is built up with high-rise buildings,the types you never find anywhere in west Africa, I personaliy, live on the second floor of five story building.
there's muddy houses in onitsha if to say u never know d nooks and cranny of onitsha hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by deturla: 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hi Microflux.

My name is DeeDee and I just sent you a DM.

I would love to visit the MaMu Village.

Please respond as soon as you can.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by northvietnam(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
we always go home....
them no dey bury us for cemetery.. nah for ur papa village..
traditional marriage... nah for home...
if u r igbo, even if u die for moon them just carry u come home...
we can migrate but will never forget our ROOT..
Igbo Amakaa

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by TheEastActivist: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
Johnnyessence:
there's muddy houses in onitsha if to say u never know d nooks and cranny of onitsha hmmm.

OMOTOWO:
don't mind him..there is a place like mamu with the name umunya in Anambra state .

There is no place in Anambra with mud houses...

This is umunya
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umunya

They are a source of revenue for the state, they are industrialized and have a good representation in agriculture...

Primitives can only be found in the north and in the south western part of Nigeria grin

Onitsha is a way too far and would be regarded as obodo Oyibo to the ancient primitive Yorubas... grin
Mamu comes to mind wink

5 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by sade1994(f): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

I know an Ijesa man, a third generation Ijesa man in Lagos with 5 Houses in choice areas that doesnt know what Ilesa looks like. He has no relatives there and if he goes back, he asked who he will be going to see.

When a Yoruba person leaves, the chance he will back is very slim depending on if there is something to come to.. Yoruba people make a home where they are and hardly move back to their roots. Hence you hardly hear Yorubas insult their host.

Hmmmmm
That's serious
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by willibounce1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
sade1994:

It's sad mehn
Really sad

Very correct
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
deturla:
Hi Microflux.

Cheers

waow. I love your interest. I will reply asap. you can chat me with 07037 95 4874

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nwakaumu(m): 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
Johnnyessence:
shameless liar,kindly tell us the particular place you saw the mud house or forever shut da Bleep up.This is how you lots been lying about your region until the media started eXposing ur lies and backwardness inherent in you region.

3 Likes

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Justiceleague1: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
robay1:
as if their is no village in south east undecided hypocrisy people
haba! See painment o..
See guilty conscience grin
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Justiceleague1: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pakoranking:
Afon-Villa...
grin they'll soon flood here to claim that Lagos is Deir village!!! Mchewww undecided (Dodges stones and runs outta thread) cheesy
lols...that village iza very sopisticated,walai fa grin

1 Like

Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
deturla:
Hi Microflux.
Cheers
I have replied
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by SaffronSpice: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
The article does not mention whether they have an Oba or not.
If they don't,the should be a farmstead not a village.
Re: Mamu Village In Osun: Forgotten In The Dark Ages by Chigorkizz(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Mumu village in Osun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Pulled Over For Riding Unclad As Record-breaking Hot Weather Hits Europe / Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA / The Moment Emirates Arrives Abuja International Airport New Terminal (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.