Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul (15413 Views)

Guys, Don't Ever Date A Lady Going For NYSC. See Why. / Bus Carrying Corpers From Enugu NYSC Camp Involved In Accident 3 Corpers Injured / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by safarigirl(f): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2016
macfish101:
Scrap the rubbish, life is too short to give a whole year in service of those that don't serve you....They will come up with stuffs like, it's the only thing uniting Nigeria......ohh! so they know, yet they jeopardize the lives if these youths.
those camps provide jobs for many families.

Someone's mother and father work there, many have been retained after Service courtesy of NYSC, many have learnt vital skills and become entrepreneurs and employers of labour courtesy of the same scheme. Many people have been providing for their families courtesy of this scheme.

If your family feeds through that scheme, you won't say this. If you are or you know someone who has benefitted from it's existence, you won't say this. NYSC is one way job creation is being implemented. Overhaul it and make even more people unemployed and families sink into debt

So, you can shout all you want, but you're viewing it all from a selfish standpoint. The pros far outweigh the cons

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by emynike2001(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2016
A VERY GOOD MOVES....

ALSO,

Every orientation camp SHOULD have an AMBULANCE and experienced doctors and emergency teams on ground.

so MANY female corpers have lost their lives not to talk of our male colleagues.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Johnnyessence(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2016
I will always be saying it all over again that NYSC scheme should scrap. It has not yield any result but prolong accident due to NYSC negligence. It should be scrap. Rip to the lost corp members. I pray for protection of God to the remaining ones in active service.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2016
naijamerican:
Nigeria is such a backward country. Chai! No concern for the youth whatsoever.
Why do youth think that the rest of Nigeria should care specifically for them? Nigeria does not give 2 shits about youth. If you don't like it, (1) Leave Nigeria, (2) Protest on the streets (3) Go and do jungle justice ON THE SENATE, MINISTERS, PRESIDENT and stop all this idiot jungle justice on okada men that steal N1000 Nokia Torch light. The youth of this country are all idiots. You vent out all your anger on the weak. You won't go and face your govenrment officials HEAD ON. You have all been bought cheap for N200 SIM card.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by KealDrogo: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2016
Nysc should be scraped not overhaul angry the useless scheme has passed it usefulness already. Instead wasting billions, distribute the money on graduate to set up working business after school. But all these wouldn't be done because our leaders think differently from normal beings.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Spidermon: 11:44am On Dec 09, 2016
nony43:
But wait o, I thought that Zahra Buhari graduated from a University in the UK early this year , Why is she not serving yet? She get extra year? Abi NYSC na for the average and poor.

1 Like

Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Johnnyessence:
I will always be saying it all over again that NYSC scheme should scrap. It has not yield any result but prolong accident due to NYSC negligence. It should be scrap. Rip to the lost corp members. I pray for protection of God to the remaining ones in active service.
The Worse the conditon of NYSE the better for the youth. Nigeria is a harsh environment. Learn how to face it. Are you expecting 5 star hotel accomodation all your life? Many of you, if you got an oil company job or government contract...STRAIGHT! G-Wagon! Iphone 7. You won't even bother to CHALLENGE your local govt chairmen to sink 1 borehole in the area you currently reside.Nobody will even go near Orientation camp and Forcefully update the facilites regardless of whether the Govt invited you or not. All you think about is yourself.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by aplusekwe(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2016
megareal:
It's appropriate to give thanks when you survive NYSC year cos the things corpers dey see, hmmmm. I won't forget the girl that died in my set, went to sleep in the night and never woke up.

People say it fosters national unity, but if you take a statistics of the average comment on Nairaland alone, you will ask yourself which unity?

If they can't make it better, let them scrap it. Enough youthful blood has been wasted already.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by aplusekwe(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2016
megareal:
It's appropriate to give thanks when you survive NYSC year cos the things corpers dey see, hmmmm. I won't forget the girl that died in my set, went to sleep in the night and never woke up.

People say it fosters national unity, but if you take a statistics of the average comment on Nairaland alone, you will ask yourself which unity?

If they can't make it better, let them scrap it. Enough youthful blood has been wasted already.
undecided
megareal:

Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2016
We don't want an overhaul just scrap the bloody exercise already
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=aplusekwe post=51770251][/quote] Are you a human being? The girl that died, who killed her? If she didn't die in CAMP, she will still die outside CAMP. When death comes knocking be prepared. May her soul rest in peace. As for you, lizard crawling on your belly, you better stand up now and face your challenge. All the senators, governors... They all did NYSC and it was not a funny time for them either. Today you want to escape? Even American soldiers do boot camp - Rambo Things. You no dey watch action film? You are just a lazy and fearful comfort seeking learner and THAT is not life. Wake up! Una wan sidon make American and Chinese youth design and produce Iphone 8 and every luxury of life for you. Today, America is giving YOU the responsibility of Iphone 9. There shall be NONE untill YOU design and Make it.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by benzems(m): 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
BlueRayDick:
Scrap the damn thing! Every POP in each state, when u check the back of the NYSC magazine for that state u are bound to see not less than 7 fallen heroes. People who died while thinking they are serving to maintain the unity of this corrupt sovereign entity called Nigeria, while in actual fact they are being killed by the yeye scheme called NYSC.

I still maintain NYSC is a waste of 12months in the life of a graduate except for few people who are lucky enough to be posted to PPA's where they are retained and given gainful employment.

In fact am furious that all in the name of NYSC graduates have to go tru rubbish processes. Imagine forcing graduates posted to states with harsh weather like sokoto,niger,kebbi, kano etc and being forced to match from 4 to 6 in the evening when the sun is deadly? huh? I nearly passed the way of the deceased Ifedolapo while in camp due to the way the whole NYSC was structeured. The soldiers wouldn't even care if u are someone who is not built for physical activities of that level...... An the yeye doctors always think u come to the clinic to escape match past.......smh.

At the end of the whole NYSC service scam year, those who benefit are

1. The Host community where teach or work in whatever capacity
2. The bank that slashes N300 out of N19,800 as bank charges
3. The local government inspector or Zonal inspector that arranges with ghost corpers

you that didn't waste 12 months what have you achieved
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Costello559(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
They should scrape this shit and reduce human sufferings after school... What's the essence of dis so called nysc? Mtchew... Serving a nation dat would've killed you while in school? Haba
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by ring7(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kebabs:
Na force to comment?
Abeg hide ur mumuness inside bagco bag.
I now know how your brain react,what's your business with my comment abi the data hike is affecting you that stare up trouble here and there.yeye Dee smell,
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by blackprowler: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
megareal:

megareal:

megareal:

GOD BLESS YOU. I WANTED TO CHANGE IT TO BOLDFACE BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW WELL I DID. NIGERIA IS A JOKE
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
ring7:
The thunder that will fire those Senate ehh,the scraping their have been crying for,abeg done if us need that Bleep enjoyment scene. tongue

Na wetin do una be that abi
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Are you a human being? The girl that died, who killed her? If she didn't die in CAMP, she will still die outside CAMP. When death comes knocking be prepared. May her soul rest in peace. As for you, lizard crawling on your belly, you better stand up now and face your challenge. All the senators, governors... They all did NYSC and it was not a funny time for them either. Today you want to escape? Even American soldiers do boot camp - Rambo Things. You no dey watch action film? You are just a lazy and fearful comfort seeking learner and THAT is not life. Wake up! Una wan sidon make American and Chinese youth design and produce Iphone 8 and every luxury of life for you. Today, America is giving YOU the responsibility of Iphone 9. There shall be NONE untill YOU design and Make it.

You no just get sense, you are the sense.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by sirpatrick(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
What Nigeria need right now is a revolution that will sweep the entire nation, but the funny thing is no body is thinking in that regard everybody is too scared nobody wants to die
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Yahami(m): 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
I don't know whether we have legislators or lagislama, now is a call for government to improve medical facilities in all NYSC camp because the incidence has happen there while other area should be left unimproved according to them because it yet to happen there...how I wish we have legislators who can legislate and enact a law that can guide every body. Now is just NYSC camp right.....like the tragedy of death of governorship aspirant in Kogi it has also happened before they now make a law for such incident I pity the life of common man in this country
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Olowo1940: 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
May God help and deliver us from the series of problem in Nigeria. Nysc should be reformed and after service, stable employment should be given to all served and serving corpers so that poverty and early death can be reduced. there are some pple who doesnt live their domain till they die. I have heard from one noble profession saying he has never been to Lagos imagine someone from south west served in North. So i pray that God will give us strength to bear the risk of life and make us live longer than our ancestors. Many benefit from Nysc bt to lose a year in life is killing
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by t0bbY(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
nony43:
But wait o, I thought that Zahra Buhari graduated from a University in the UK early this year , Why is she not serving yet? She get extra year? Abi NYSC na for the average and poor.
I asked myself this question yesterday
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by espionage48(m): 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
hmmmm.. Abeg check out my signature
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Waspy(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
sleekydee1:
On this issue I fault d present and past administration, what is it about NYSC dt dey re clinging so much on, its absolutely a failed scheme and here are some facts to butress that point

(1) Graduate distaste nysc

(2) The idea that nysc aim is to unify is a sham(doesn't unify Jack)

(3) Its risky

(4) Doesn't add any direct value or benefits to d graduate

(5) So much allocation to d scheme, I mean, we cud av left fuel subsidy and scrapped nysc(I believe nysc budget runs into billions yearly)

(6) No doubt corrupt leaders re using d scheme to enrich demselves

in conclusion, FG scrap d shiit, trust mi it won't b missed
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by jeevyww(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
For me i hated my service year,it probably was the most miserable year in my life,stuck teaching in a village without electricity,no to talk of me almost bitten by a snake that fell through my ceiling.

I think instead of the present scheme of things,Nysc should be a one year non combatant military scheme,after the one year,those that can be retained by the armed forces would be retained,but that one training would give the "Corper" skills to face life squarely as Enterpreneural skills would have been learned and ready to harness,it would also provide sure safety for corp members as they would/get same treatment with military personal.

I say it often the only reason the scheme is still on is its a way of enriching state cordinators and those in the helm of affairs,calculate the buget for one corpers full kit and meal at camp for 3weeks and compare with the poor food given at camp and the weak kits given to corpers...my 2cents anyway what do i know
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by jecksenterprise(m): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
nony43:
I was thinking she did an MSc.
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by bowman000(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Oliviaxx(f): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
ednut1:
Nigeria will never change na like this we go dey dey. scrap NYSC pple would say do u know how many people it will make jobless undecided, conduct value for money audit for all govt staff people will say no, u will make dem jobless, but we shud keep paying pple who come to work to gist,pick ewedu and listen to transistor radio abi grin. recurrent expenditure-salary na him full budget pass mtcheeew

Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by Vibez007: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
GOD should help us in this country
Re: Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul by naijamerican: 2:08am On Dec 10, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Why do youth think that the rest of Nigeria should care specifically for them? Nigeria does not give 2 shits about youth. If you don't like it, (1) Leave Nigeria, (2) Protest on the streets (3) Go and do jungle justice ON THE SENATE, MINISTERS, PRESIDENT and stop all this idiot jungle justice on okada men that steal N1000 Nokia Torch light. The youth of this country are all idiots. You vent out all your anger on the weak. You won't go and face your govenrment officials HEAD ON. You have all been bought cheap for N200 SIM card.

The youth is the future of the country. If we don't invest in the youth, Joe do people expect this pathetic country to ever progress? Short sighted folks like yourself are part of the train why Nigeria is doomed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

731 Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 – Presidential Task Force / NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? / How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.