Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle? (765 Views)

Lower Radiator Hose Does Not Warm Up At Idle / Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) / Man Drinks To Stupor, Forgets Car At A Beer Parlour In Lagos. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle? by kumari089(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Good day guys, I would like to know if there is any implication in revving an automatic car at idle. I observe my car exhaust is clogged and I decide to rev the car a little at idle to clear the choke but some one told me the process could knock my engine. Is this for real?
Re: Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle? by honmusa(m): 11:12am On Dec 09, 2016
kumari089:
Good day guys, I would like to know if there is any implication in revving an automatic car at idle. I observe my car exhaust is clogged and I decide to rev the car a little at idle to clear the choke but some one told me the process could knock my engine. Is this for real?
If truly your exhaust is blocked as you stated ,running your car at any condition wether revving or idling can spell doom for your engine.
The sole purpose of the exhaust system is to expel all by- product of combustion process ,so if that exhaust s blocked,where do u want the waste to go ?
Revving the car is a crude practice to clear the exhaust cos you dont know what is responsible if you have a clogged catalyst ,no amount of revving will clear the exhaust unless you want to damage the engine ,get a technician to carefully check the exhaust and remove the obstruction
Re: Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle? by kumari089(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
More suggestions needed

(1) (Reply)

Pls When Can I Add Water To My New Car Radiator? / Road Transport Data (Q2 2017): Nigeria Records 2503 Road Traffic Crashes / New Honor 7X Smartphone 64 GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.