Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) (13470 Views)

Couple Injured As Soldiers Smash LASPOTECH Workers’ Strike (pics) / Obafemi Awolowo University Dissociates From ASUU One Week Warning Strike.(Pics) / LAUTECH 5 Months Strike Anniversary Cake By A Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by shamme2005(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hunn sad after viewing the video, my Alma Mata wat the hell is wrong with the Nigeria Police, can they manage a peaceful protest rather than shooting armless citizens. Enough is enough the foolish Apc in the federal and state level should do the needful, if the two states cannot finance the school the federal should take over. Enough said.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by ReubenE(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Both parties should take it easy o...
This is not the best time to die o

BTW, when will government and these schools begin to do things differently?
Our schools are fast becoming gladiator arenas.
God help us
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]

session,Sir.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by foxzy(m): 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
see

Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
Successjoy:
take a chill pill dude. No offence intended.
no aggression intended either.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by prinzfunchi(m): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lautech students get robbed almost everyday, we don't see the NPF

harmless students go on a peaceful protest and they show up shooting like it's some James Bond movie

Smh

4 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by fineyemi(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by fazbuk(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ajimobi is a failure,Aregbesola is also a failure ,dey are gradually destroying image.Dey are both bastard
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by BIGDADDY000(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
Am calling 911 now.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by clickvism: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
Join us on Twitter pls.. Use the harsh tag #ReOpenLAUTECH
Save our future

Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by espionage48(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Aregbe Abeg oooo.. check out my siggy and see American wonder
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
APC, una father. Very useless government.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by HARDDON: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Successjoy:
Naija sha

I wonder what happened to "freedom of expression".......

When u lack wits and wisdom , u resort to arms n force.

Apc leaD fg lacks economic wits
Inter personal / Relational skills
The only thing they know how to lead is cows n cows only respond to brute force! Unfortunately, that is who Nigerians elected to rule them!

Imagine using live ammos on unarmed students n on all that wants to air their views tru protest!
They killed Biafra protestants, we kept quiet
Murdered shiites in thier thousands, we turned blind eyes
Killed uniport students , we kept mum.
It is high time we stand up n say enough is enough!!!!

Is this a military regime?

They know they aint performing and wants to use repression n supression an a tool to cow the general public into line.

They tried to surpress us tru social media bill, it failed
Then they tried to hike data prices , it failed.

Now they r on a protest killing spree

Common sense is very uncommon with apc

But no matter how hard they try, u cannot supress the voice of the people!

And those of u that support this evil government, may evil visit u all . U and ur families!
May u all die by bullets
Bloody Vipers!
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Charly68: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Police shooting students on peaceful protest in the name of order from the above! The zombies would never learn . The man one that killed in Lagos is still facing the consequence of his action because he could not use his common sense during the protest against the petroleum pump price increase by GEJ govt .
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
I strongly support this protest. Am calling for Tinubu who is the chancellor of lautech should kindly address this issues. Even the ASUU and SSANU hold their meeting yesterday.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Temmytea70(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
koolib:
See what Aregbesola and Ajimobi have reduced LAUTECH (one time best state University on Nigeria) to. I weep for my Alma Mater!

Alma MATER indeed grin
koolib:
See what Aregbesola and Ajimobi have reduced LAUTECH (one time best state University on Nigeria) to. I weep for my Alma Mater!

Alma MATER indeed
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by rinw: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Useless Owode Ogbomoso police. Carry tank to face peaceful students whose future are already threatened.

Now these students will graduate as over-age for available for fresh graduate jobs.

ThereWasACountry.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by fortunechy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
WAEC result is out....my neighbour's son had four E8 and three F9. His dad told him to ask me which school will accept such result... Well, I just advised him to try Sunday school. Only God can accommodate our weaknesses
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by manuelp: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
like we are in the military era??
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Donmichaelz(m): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
Cause trouble, a da gbo ru...I Don dey house 7 months now,av forgotten my Matrix number,,,department and CGPA,wait am I not in first class?I think not ,,if you read my comment without liking it ur children will enter one chance like me in lautech
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
seunfly:
That school can strike like it is her main duty, I don't the the ASUU wants to do anything.

They will partake in national strike for several months and starts their strike for state level for another months.

My question is why join national strike when u know national does not benefits you and national will not join you to get your benefits from state?

That is d school's strategy to waste your time.
it wasnt like this before.d maximum we ever did back then was six months and it was a national issue.only God knows what the school is turning to now
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by efguy1(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
After that, they will be saying OAU is thebest striker grin grin grin
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by simiolu1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
I don't even know what to say! Graduated in 2014 from LAUTECH when in fact, I was supposed to graduate in 2013. When employers see the discrepancy of your graduation date and the date on your certificate, they always ask questions as if you went to forge the certificate at Oluwole.

My grouse is with the students. They allowed the strike to even reach 6 months! Just last week, one of my course-mates who was a comrade in school had to openly call out leaders of the School's two main parties to do something about the strike. My guess is that the SUG guys went on "holiday" and played politics with this matter. I know some palms would have been greased too to make sure the students are kept silent.

So I guess any of the following happened

1. The SUG was not a party to the protests! If they were, they would have issued the school authorities notifications officially about the planned protest. Therefore, the school authorities won't be able to disown the students in case the police clamp down on them.

2. Some members of the SUG organized the protests without the backing of some key figures in the SUG. Those key figures are the SUG President, P.R.O and Fin Sec.

3. The students decided to boycott the SUG and organized the protests themselves.

If the organizers of the protest are on nairaland, please answer this question: Was the SUG involved in the protest? I ask because I can categorically say that LAUTECH'S SUG was actively involved in the protests by UI students when their VC started misbehaving some months back. So if they (LAUTECH'S SUG) could mobilize to go to Ibadan from Ogbomoso but cannot find a solution to their own crises, then you will agree with me that something "fishy" is definitely going on.

Back then, I was part of the #AkalaMustGo Protest. That day, the VC was carried to the protest venue at Isale General from his lodge. ID Aluta was SUG President then. Police-men couldn't shoot at students just because the protest was "official". The policemen that shot tear-gas that day had themselves to blame as their armoured truck was taken over by students. It was after the protest that they (policemen) started arresting students in their hostels.

For those of you saying the video is bad; it is a known fact that LAUTECH school authorities use photographs to track, suspend and rusticate students because the school has a computerized portal for student registration and tuition fee payment.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by whoYouEpp(m): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
seunfly:
That school can strike like it is her main duty, I don't the the ASUU wants to do anything.

They will partake in national strike for several months and starts their strike for state level for another months.

My question is why join national strike when u know national does not benefits you and national will not join you to get your benefits from state?This is beyond ASUU. LAUTECH is owned and controlled by Oyo and Osun state government respectively. So their lecturers have being owed salaries for many months now. I would advice federal govt to take over the school.

That is d school's strategy to waste your time.
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by doshe39(m): 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
simiolu1:
I don't even know what to say! Graduated in 2014 from LAUTECH when in fact, I was supposed to graduate in 2013. When employers see the discrepancy of your graduation date and the date on your certificate, they always ask questions as if you went to forge the certificate at Oluwole.

My grouse is with the students. They allowed the strike to even reach 6 months! Just last week, one of my course-mates who was a comrade in school had to openly call out leaders of the School's two main parties to do something about the strike. My guess is that the SUG guys went on "holiday" and played politics with this matter. I know some palms would have been greased too to make sure the students are kept silent.

1. The SUG was not a party to the protests! If they were, they would have issued the school authorities notifications officially about the planned protest. Therefore, the school authorities won't be able to disown the students in case the police clamp down on them.

2. Some members of the SUG organized the protests without the backing of some key figures in the SUG. Those key figures are the SUG President, P.R.O and Fin Sec.

3. The students decided to boycott the SUG and organized the protests themselves.

If the organizers of the protest are on nairaland, please answer this question: Was the SUG involved in the protest? I ask because I can categorically say that LAUTECH'S SUG was actively involved in the protests by UI students when their VC started misbehaving some months back. So if they (LAUTECH'S SUG) could mobilize to go to Ibadan from Ogbomoso but cannot find a solution to their own crises, then you will agree with me that something "fishy" is definitely going on.

Back then, I was part of the #AkalaMustGo Protest. That day, the VC was carried to the protest venue at Isale General from his lodge. ID Aluta was SUG President then. Police-men couldn't shoot at students just because the protest was "official". The policemen that shot tear-gas that day had themselves to blame as their armoured truck was taken over by students. It was after the protest that they (policemen) started arresting students in their hostels.

For those of you saying the video is bad; it is a known fact that LAUTECH school authorities use photographs to track, suspend and rusticate students because the school has a computerized portal for student registration and tuition fee payment.
oponu
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by Lagazine(m): 12:32am On Dec 10, 2016
Great Ladokites, i'm proud of u, Great Lautech, u make me whole, let's join hand to make her great, Excellency, integrity and service.. Best State university and the 3rd best in year 2004 and 2005. #i rep lautech mathematics#
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by GlitzG: 6:51am On Dec 10, 2016
simiolu1:

The scchools SUG is on suspension and can't function to full capacity
Re: LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) by simiolu1(m): 10:27am On Dec 10, 2016
GlitzG:

The scchools SUG is on suspension and can't function to full capacity

No wonder. thanks for replying. don't despair, graduated comrades are fighting alongside you guys. intimidation we condone not

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Schools To Resume 4th January, 2022 For 2nd Term Of 2021/2022 Session / 720 Intending Lawyers Fails Bar Final Exam.. / Secondary School Teachers In Taraba Must Have Master’s Degree – Gov Kefas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.