Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching New Series ‘designated Survivor’ - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching New Series ‘designated Survivor’ (829 Views)

Designated Survivor - Season 02- Episode 11 (download Now) / DESIGNATED SURVIVOR...another Very Promising One!!! / Designated Survivor TV show Fan Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching New Series ‘designated Survivor’ by lizzy8(f): 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Designated Survivor’ is a show on ABC starring Kiefer Sutherland as the literal designated survivor who becomes President of The United States after an attack on the nation’s capitol during a State of The Union Address. While still in its infancy, I feel you should be watching this series, and here’s why:

1. The story line:

I love the story line! It has lots of depth and is very immersive. There is a lot of room to continue the story line, and it’s very believable in today’s world that something like this could happen. There’s action, drama, an espionage element, and some action. It’s very well thought out and written. Kudos to the writers for doing a great job!

2. The Characters:

The characters are believable and have real depth — they’re not just cardboard cutouts. One of my favorite characters is President Kirkman (Kiefer Sutherland). President Kirkman is caring, honest, responsible, and takes all decisions made very seriously (I wish all Presidents were like him). I also enjoy Speech Writer turned Press Secretary, Seth Wright (Kel Penn). Seth honestly cares about his job, the nation, and President Kirkman.

3. The show brings Kiefer Sutherland back to TV

Following Sutherland’s 2014 return to the role of Jack Bauer in the reboot “24: Live Another Day,” the actor took a break from the medium to do some big screen stuff (like star opposite his dad Donald in 2015’s “Forsaken”).

4. The Cast:

The casting for this show was well done. The show includes a group of talented actors – Kiefer Sutherland (24), Kal Penn (House), Adan Canto (X-Men: Days Future Past), and Italia Ricci (Don Jon). All great casting decisions made by the show executives.

5. The On Screen Chemistry:

The onscreen chemistry of the actors/actresses is phenomenal. It’s way better than most of the shows on air today. As I’ve said before, the casting was flawless. You can see and feel that the actors enjoy doing their jobs. This in itself makes a lot of the difference in any show or film.

Source - http://www.viral17.com/2016/12/09/5-reasons-why-you-should-be-watching-new-series-designated-survivor/

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching New Series ‘designated Survivor’ by profeoo(m): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nice job op,I'll go check this out....would really love to see Keffer on screen again

(1) (Reply)

What To No About ‘10 Days In Sun City’ - Aylive / All Photos And Videos: Kumkum Bhagya Stars Arrive In Ghana / Actor Verne Troyes Mini-me On Austin Powers Movie Dies At 49

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.