Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election (32243 Views)

President Nana Akufo-Addo's Outfit To An Event That Has Got Everyone Talking / President Akufo-Addo's Attire On His First Day At Work (Photos) / Ghana's Presidential Palace Gets New Name Ahead Of Jan 7 Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by gentleman100(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
walescounis:
Ma Nigga cool
ma negro.
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by favourmic(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
Pls laugh small
English Lesson!
Teacher: Today, we'll talk about question tags. Here are examples:
1. She is coming, isn't she?
2. They have eaten, haven't they?
Now, who can give me another example?
Abu: Sir! Na Yam we go chop today, chopn't we?
Teacher: What kind of sentence is that, please who can help correct him?
Akpos: Sir! Na yam we go chop today, yamn't we?
Teacher: You guys must be stupid! Must you joke with everything? Óyá, Emmanuella! I know you're brilliant. Give us an example.
Emmanuella: Na motor go kill our teacher, killn't him?
Teacher: Na motor go kill your papa, papan't u?
You all are now laughing. Laughin't u? dont laugh alone put a smile on someone's face.

3 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by yinkus204(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
Congratulation to Apc for bringing change to Africa

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Onyi4live(m): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Opposition parties winning in all nations... Nigerians showing world the game of politics and democracy

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Shinor(m): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
The CHANGE agenda was loud all over Ghana. And the people crystalised that in the candidacy of Nana Akufo Addo of the NPP. My big fear is I hope that 3 years down the line this same people who voted change will not be clamouring for the removal of Akufo Addo. The weight of expectation is extremely heavy. No one politician can cure all the ills in the world.I think voters are expecting too much from politicians. What we ought to demand is the environment to flourish.

4 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Alwaystruth: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Democracy has come to stay in West Africa and in a large extent the whole
of Africa. Kudos to hero of DEMOCRACY in Africa Dr.GEJ.

Gambia: ...ruling party lost to opposition and loser conceded

Ghana: ruling party lost to opposition and loser conceded.

Nigeria loading.....

3 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Moonland100(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ghana welcome "CHANGE" with candidate almost the same history with Buhari. with age of 72 and attempts 5 times before the sixth he won. Similar to our Fmr President Jonathan ; he defeated current President Mahama which finished his boss term before he contested and won the election 4 years ago. Congratulations to Ghana people and pray their change to be positive.

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by ForValour: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
CHANGE... everywhere you go. Congrats to the playwright

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by martineverest(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
change everywhere

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by gawu1: 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
ZACHIE:
Opposite people everywhera Gambia to Ghana to Naija Opposite folks everywhere
Rather it is Nigeria to Brixet to USA to Gambia to Ghana. And after that it's continuity and progression
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Onyi4live(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
I clicked like not because you demand for it but because your jokes legit small grin
favourmic:
Pls laugh small
English Lesson!
Teacher: Today, we'll talk about question tags. Here are examples:
1. She is coming, isn't she?
2. They have eaten, haven't they?
Now, who can give me another example?
Abu: Sir! Na Yam we go chop today, chopn't we?
Teacher: What kind of sentence is that, please who can help correct him?
Akpos: Sir! Na yam we go chop today, yamn't we?
Teacher: You guys must be stupid! Must you joke with everything? Óyá, Emmanuella! I know you're brilliant. Give us an example.
Emmanuella: Na motor go kill our teacher, killn't him?
Teacher: Na motor go kill your papa, papan't u?
You all are now laughing. Laughin't u? dont laugh alone put a smile on someone's face. Oya click like

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
Their Version of ''CHANGE''.

Hope it works out for them.
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by martineverest(m): 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
senegal,ivory coast,nigeria,bukina faso,gambia and now ghana......west africa is xperiencing revolution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by whiskystan: 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Osuofia don go scam this man ℓ☺ℓ

6 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by tagbarhaufuoma: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ghana have just joined Nigeria with Change, they will suffer now
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Deilluminator(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
Change Change everywhere. Ghanaians, enjoy am with caution O, na with that slogan 9ja take enter one chance o.

3 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by bettercreature(m): 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
zicoraads:
It's the season. It's sweeping across not just Africa, but the entire world.
It's a sign that we are edging toward world war 3,4,5,6,7,8.People are election crazy imbeciles into office
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by AAU88: 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ghana follow suit. We are in change era now. Fresh air is blowing in Africa, from Nigeria to Gambia and now Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by sirfee(m): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
zicoraads:
It's the season. It's sweeping across not just Africa, but the entire world.
You are correct bro,take a look at the just concluded referendum in Italy.The world is really changing,many people are fed up with their leaders and their utopia dreams.
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Princedapace(m): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Phame:
I sympathise with J. Mahama. I wish he won.
Congratulations to nana ado!
West africa has shown how unique it is on this continent. While W-africans chose to use the ballot to kick leaders out, the north africans chose 'aggressive' revolution and we know the result.

Guy...never u compare north Africa with west Africa .

Who ballot epp ?
Those guys even in their crises are miles ahead of west Africa ..

Democracy stupid for west Africa...

2 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Lakeland4321: 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nairadays:
Good.

Too much similarity with Nigeria.

Opposition leader Akufo-Addo of NPP is 72 years old, Buhari was 72 when he got elected.

Akufo-Addo is trying for the fourth time, Buhari tried till the fourth time also.

Mahama took over after his Boss John Atta Mills Died. (RIP Sir) , GEJ too took over after Yar'Adua's Demise. (RIP Sir)
Nice to see some Nigerians studying and making valid contributions. You are very correct, very similar situations
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by sleepyeyez(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
bumi10:
Breaking: Opposition Party's Candidate Akufo-Addo, Wins Ghana Presidential Election

Looks like the battle is over in Ghana's Presidential Elections and it is breathtaking. Nana Akufo-Addo of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has won Ghana’s presidential election with an absolute majority over incumbent President John Mahama, two influential private radio stations has announced today being Friday 9th, December 2016.

Ghana's main opposition leader, Nana Akufo-Addo, has won the West African country's presidential election with an absolute majority over President John Mahama, two influential private radio stations said on Friday. Ghana is a beacon of democracy in a region that has seen a series of civil wars and coups with a record of peaceful elections in which power has alternated between two main parties.

Joy FM's website showed Akufo-Addo winning 53.27 percent of the vote and Mahama on 44.93 percent, based on its count of 233 constituencies out of 275 in total. Citi FM gave Akufo-Addo 54.97 percent based on 231 constituencies.

If confirmed, the results would represent a bigger margin of victory than either party has achieved in recent elections and validate Akufo-Addo who lost by narrow margins in 2008 and 2012. Mahama appealed for calm and told his supporters he would respect the outcome of Wednesday's vote whether he won or lost, in comments aimed at defusing tension ahead of the release of official results expected Saturday.

In Mahama's words:

"I want to assure the nation that we will respect the outcome of the election, positive or negative, and so let us just be calm," he told supporters gathered outside his house".

His campaign chief said on Friday the party lost many parliamentary seats but hopes to win the presidency. The country is eagerly awaiting official results but Ghana Electoral Commissioner Charlotte Osei said they would be announced by Saturday once technical issues had been resolved.

More updates to follow.....

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/breaking-news-opposition-partys.html

IN GHANIAN ACCENT:

My ghanian bredes, am hepy fer you. You herv voted fer change like nigerians. Bet Charly, I will ask you hew maerket in one years time

3 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by osifred(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nana akufu afford will be the first Ghanaian president that is not named John since 1992

four presidents spanning not less than 24 years from the different political parties have John as their first name starting from John Rawlings, John Kuffor, John Attached mills, John Mahama.

if this jinge was not broken by Nana I guess John Dumelo could have thought that one day he will be the president of Ghana.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by MyX1: 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
aljazira:
Africa embracing CHANGE and rejecting letter J.
From good luck (J)onathan to Gambian Yahya (J)ammeh and now mahama (J)ohn.
Hmmm! (J)acob zuma is next O!
Just the same way you people rejected (J)esus.

Too Bad!
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Emekamex(m): 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
chuose2:
we all know that Buhari & Co rigged themselves into power!

Now the whole of Nigeria is suffering.
I hope Ghana does not regret like Nigeria

No mind that fake pastor Adeboye that made us vote in Buhari!

Wow, this is clear electoral malpractice

2 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by sirfee(m): 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
bettercreature:
It's a sign that we are edging toward world war 3,4,5,6,7,8.People are election crazy imbeciles into office
On the contrary,the current world leaders are the major cause of this change,most of them are nothing but traitors,dictators etc.Most of their policies are too harsh and sinister.
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by julioralph(m): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
hmmm,
I hope he doesn't end up like the current landlord of aso rock sha undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by achimotan(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
Congratulations to you Mr president elect for defeating Mr Mahama emphatically. I hope you will implement your numerous promises and make Ghana better

3 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by sirfee(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nairadays:
Good.

Too much similarity with Nigeria.

Opposition leader Akufo-Addo of NPP is 72 years old, Buhari was 72 when he got elected.

Akufo-Addo is trying for the fourth time, Buhari tried till the fourth time also.

Mahama took over after his Boss John Atta Mills Died. (RIP Sir) , GEJ too took over after Yar'Adua's Demise. (RIP Sir)
Clap for yourself you are 100 percent correct,are you a history student?
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by goshen26: 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
Afi akufo ado na
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by slivertongue: 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
hope ghanians didnt enter one chance. it is easy to promise but difficult to deliver
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by shhladyj(f): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nana akufo addo has won ghana now ve dia own change, i pray its a positive change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Damien Tarel Gets 4 Months In Jail For Slapping French President, Macron / Macron Warns Against Inflammatory Words After Biden’s Remark On Putin / Seif Al-Islam, Gadaffi’s Son Joins Libyan Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.